Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone else think Amare might be put on the trade block this off-season?

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    **** that shit. I don't want that overrated piece of trash that can't play defense nor rebound the ball. Houston doesn't want him.
    They wanted Pau GaSoft

Banned

Default Re: Does anyone else think Amare might be put on the trade block this off-season?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    The only team i see taking a risk is Houston, they have said they want a star and from the looks of previous trades mentioning them they'll take anyone.
    They don't have any bad contracts...

How about the Hawks for Joe Johnson?

Amare/Shumpert for JJ

Teague
    Shumpert
    Smith
    Stoudemire
    Horford

Lin
    Johnson
    Anthony
    Harrelson
    Chandler

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

12/13: $19.4 million
    13/14: 21.6
    14/15: 23.4

With the progressive lux tax kicking in. Good luck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks

Maybe the Houston Rockets would want Amare; they're really desperate for a big name, and maybe with a dynamic point guard like Dragic (or Lowry) Amare can shine for them and propell that team toward the playoffs, all while possibly saving GM Darryl Morey's job.
    I heard the Rockets are going to attempt to trade Lowry and other players on the team for Bosh when the season is over. It wouldn't surprise me if the Rockets started to shift their focus on getting Amare now instead of Bosh.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    He is basically untradeable as his contract isn't insured.
    Only a very rich team that is one good piece from a title would risk it.
    Rockets and Pacers are the only two teams that I can think of that are in need of a star but Rockets are probably the most realistic.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

They wanted Pau GaSoft
    I would take Gasoft over Amare's trash-ass 10 times out of 10. No questions asked. Gasol can actually grab a rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by DTreats
    They don't have any bad contracts...

How about the Hawks for Joe Johnson?

Amare/Shumpert for JJ

Teague
    Shumpert
    Smith
    Stoudemire
    Horford

Lin
    Johnson
    Anthony
    Harrelson
    Chandler
    Even though I'm not a fan, Knicks should contact the Lakers and ask for Gasol. Amare has trouble creating offense for himself, and that is why sometimes the team has trouble winning games. Melo can't do it all himself. Gasol would be able to legitimately create his own shot. I'd demand a future 1st rounder from the Lakers though, in about 2 or 3 years that pick will be worth something

They wanted Pau GaSoft
    Gasol is a brilliant basketballer with many attributes Amare doesnt possess.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    I would take Gasoft over Amare's trash-ass 10 times out of 10. No questions asked. Gasol can actually grab a rebound.
    Amare averaged 9 rebounds last year, and 8 point something this year.... Bargnani grabs 5 per... How does 9 or 8 rebounds make you a poor rebounder? If anything he's just average in that category.

Let me know when Gasol isn't scared to attack the rim, or does something even remotely as ferocious as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiAjZe_-XNk

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Gasol is a brilliant basketballer with many attributes Amare doesnt possess.
    Put prime Gasol on the mid 2000's Suns team and they wouldn't even escape the 1st round.

Prime Amare is one of the most offensively dominant and explosive players in NBA history.

Remember when Amare averaged 39ppg on Tim Duncan in the playoffs? Or is 5 years ago before you began watching basketball?

Is there any way Knicks could trade Amare for Rondo? Ainge wants to get rid of Rondo, Amare is the scorer he's been looking for.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Amares contract is in the Gilbert Arenas / Rashard Lewis level right now and worst is it is uninsured.

As said in another thread the Knicks are probably looking if they can void his contract after this incident.

No one will take on 3 more years at 65 million.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Is there any way Knicks could trade Amare for Rondo? Ainge wants to get rid of Rondo, Amare is the scorer he's been looking for.

I don't think the Celtics have any contracts that they could use to trade for Amare.

Paul Pierce/Rondo

for

Amar'e/Lin

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Who is going to want this heartless, allergic to defense and rebounding, overrated piece of trash?

I can't belive he got the deal that he got with NY. If I'm a GM there's no way I want this guy.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Amare averaged 9 rebounds last year, and 8 point something this year.... Bargnani grabs 5 per... How does 9 or 8 rebounds make you a poor rebounder? If anything he's just average in that category.

Let me know when Gasol isn't scared to attack the rim, or does something even remotely as ferocious as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiAjZe_-XNk
    Cool dunk. Let me know when an Amare led team can actually win a playoff game. Gasol has 2 rings as the 2nd option. I doubt Amare even reached the conference finals more than once. Don't ever disrespect Gasol again. They don't belong in the same sentence. Gasol is an elite post-scorer with great versatility. Amare is an overrated jump shooting big man. And Amare isn't even a better shooter than "Gasoft."