NBA Superstar

Default Underhanded Free Throws Could Be on the Table for Andre Drummond

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detro...derhand/69746/

"As far as shooting underhand or anything else, I think it's fair to say ... everything is on the table," Van Gundy said. "Again, it won't be a unilateral decision. We'll do some research on some things and come up what we think is a good approach."
    Mentioned him earlier today in the ugly free throw form thread, but Louisville's Chinanu Onuaku switched to underhand this year and bumped up his free throw percentage from the mid-40's to upper 50's. Sample size of one but...

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Underhanded Free Throws Could Be on the Table for Andre Drummond

Hope he does,but highly doubt it

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I hope so. Still don't get how having the worst free throw season ever is less embarrassing than granny style (assuming improvement). Airballing a uncontested 15 foot shot, getting hacked a whatever, and constantly laughed at mocked by fans for shooting ~38%. That's embarrassing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

drummond will never do it

book it

Guy gets paid millions of dollars and cant make free throws?

What the f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck is his excuse?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil

I personally think it's largely mental. Apparently he can hit close to 70 percent in practice, but that's the same story we've always heard about guys like Shaquille O'Neal and Dwight Howard too so...

I also think it has to do with Drummond being so offensively undeveloped. You know how Anthony Davis was apparently a solid guard in high school before experiencing an insane growth spurt? That would have never been Drummond. If you took Drummond's current skills and put them in a 6'1'' guy, you've probably got yourself a rec leaguer.

He kind of hits me as someone who grew so big that he couldn't afford not to play basketball. The trade off would be that while his size and athleticism allows him to pull off some crazy things, he seems to be missing a feel for some of the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil

He's a terrible free throw shooter. I mean He's a terrible free throw shooter.