Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Talking Guys im worried about Pekovic

Think about hes missased the last two seasons with severe foot injuries. Hes had surgery but his upside is now limited. His role on the wolves is non existent with the emergence of KAT and Dieng. He must be some what insecure riding the pine while KAT flourishes like a flower. Can Nikola recover from this and what team could use a 7 foot European who may be a liability. Seems like a descent pickup for brooklyn. I just hope hes happy wherever he lands and can show his skillset.

Default Re: Guys im worried about Pekovic

Forgot he's still in the league

I really don't see a place for him in the League especially after the injuries. He's an scoring center who even if they play at a high level like Brook Lopez, Greg Monroe or Big Al have a tough time contributing for a good team in the modern NBA. Add the fact that he is inefficient doesn't offer much defensively or rebounding wise i don't see a team taking on his salary. He will probably sit out his contract and retire.

Wolves might be able to give him away. Teams are probably gonna want more though. Maybe a 2nd round pick. Unless the Wolves are desperate to move him for cap space, he'll probably just play out his contract in Minnesota.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

If I'm not wrong, he should have two more years on his contract. Wolves are not going to need cap space before that anyway, so it's smartest to just let him expire. They could stretch him or trade him for another expirer in his final year.

College superstar

Last time he was rehabbing he was on a zero grav treadmill and reinjured his foot. That's not good for a 3oo+ C that's >30. He is making 12M/, cannot walk the floor much less run, isn't a rim protector, can't shoot from >3 ft (is 45/180 from 3-10 feet the last two years).

He wouldn't make a roster anywhere in the league at this point. Might as well swallow the $$$ now before you have to pay the youngsters all their money.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

He's garbage and won't be in the league once his contract expires.

"Show his skillset"

You've never seen that scrub play, have you?

Too bad, this guy was a beast for a short while. Two seasons in a row of 16+ points and ~9 boards in about 30 mins of PT.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopologyPhD
    Too bad, this guy was a beast for a short while. Two seasons in a row of 16+ points and ~9 boards in about 30 mins of PT.

He wasn't a beast....

His numbers were inflated because he played on bad teams, Kevin Love is the best example of this.

Pek attemped the second and third most FG's on the team during those seasons, not to mention being surrounded by poor shooters presents greater opportunities to hit the glass.

He was ineffective and slow on defense, and rarely made baskets during crunch time. I recall many jump hooks clanking late in games.

I'm not going to allow a few distant observers to change the narrative on this guy's abilities, he was garbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!

BEASTING ON YOU BUMZ postmupndunkit's Avatar

He's not garbage, he's worth his contract for what he can do. Pek is STRONG and unmovable.

Quote Originally Posted by postmupndunkit
    He's not garbage, he's worth his contract for what he can do. Pek is STRONG and unmovable.

He can't do much of anything anymore.

Being unmovable is not an advantage, he's too slow.

He's done, it's time to move on from this strange fantasy.

He will probably have to retire soon, and almost certainly would be retired once his contract ends.

Guys over 300 pounds can't come back from the kind of foot problems he has had.

Him and Howard were the only bigs Brook Lopez really struggled against. He's a beast in the defensive post. Not sure how much the injuries slowed him down though

^Pekovic is 6'11" and 300+ lbs.

Dude's strong as an Ox. Strength isn't even a valuable athletic trait in the modern NBA. You just need to be quick and long. Look at Kevin Durant. That's the ideal NBA body. A young Manute Bol would have scouts uncontrollably skeeting.