Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Doc Rivers speaks on Ray Allen's decision

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    I honestly don't understand how this is just flying over people's head. Everyone knew it was a good chance he would leave, considering what happened, its WHERE he went thats causing uproar. The team that JUST beat them, and who they openly dont like, Ray is going to them.

If he went to the Clippers, this wouldn't even be an issue.
    Why would he sacrifice his last years of basketball with a the Clippers?
    because the franchise that has been shopping him the 2 years wouldnt be happy?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Why would he sacrifice his last years of basketball with a the Clippers?
    Sacrifice? Clippers are a few pieces away from being a legit contender. NO WHERE NEAR a "sacrifice"

And its becoming more obvious that this move was made by Ray just to spite Boston, and if that's the case, makes him look just as bad as Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Sacrifice? Clippers are a few pieces away from being a legit contender. NO WHERE NEAR a "sacrifice"

And its becoming more obvious that this move was made by Ray just to spite Boston, and if that's the case, makes him look just as bad as Boston.

Yeah sacrifice because his first choice was Miami and by choosing Clippers, he would have made a sacrifice. And no, the move was not made just to spite Boston. He will have a bigger role in Miami than in Boston and he will have a much better chance to win another championship. Also, after meeting Riley, he felt that he got the respect that he didn't in Boston.

There's just no way you can look at this from the perspective of the Celtics organizations and their fans other than a big slap in the face. Obviously Doc feels that way. I'd love to see first hand how the C's big 3 took the news.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    Ok here's some more info i got on a forum. take with a grain of salt like always. I'm copying and pasting it below.

"Rondo/ Bradley hit it off, grt chemistry, worked grt on floor tog. Rondo admired Bradley's defence only guy to be able to stay in front of him in practices. Allen disagreed being replaced on starting line up by Bradley. Rondo not standing up for Ray preferring to work w Bradley. Rondo started calling less plays for Allen, & not passing him the ball when he was moved to the bench. Much bickering bet Rondo & Ray over this as Ray's stats started dropping. More bickering more Ray's shot opportunities dropped. Relationship deteriorated beyond repair. (Sorry but sounds like Rajon was being the jerk to Ray. Man how many Xmases did Rajon spend w Ray's fam.)

Rajon not going anywhere. Like Doc said best fit for Boston's team need pass first pt guard.

Big 3 not impressed w Rajon's immaturity when; Rajon snubbed for All Star then added as injury replacement Rondo planned to miss the game out of spite but Rivers convinced him not to; after throwing ball at ref vets badgered him (esp KG) to make public apology but Rajon refused only when Doc said he should express regrets later in season to make it seem less disingenuous did Rajon agree. Rajon would only listen to Doc bugged the players.

That players' only closed door meeting also included discussions about Rajon's behaviour.

Makes u wonder what else went on in the locker room. Rondo looking like a selfish, stubborn kid.

MacMullan saying Doc earns most of his $$ by serving as Rajon's disciplinarian, psychiatrist, ego booster and conscience."
    Am I the only one that read this post?

Rondo's got issues.

Da Mavs

I think everyone needs to get off Ray's ass. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the decision he made, he can play for any god damn team he wants to! Sure, the Celtics feel he should have been loyal and re-signed. But tell me this, is it any more loyal to have traded him at the deadline earlier this year? If the teams don't have to be loyal and can do what's best for them, why the **** can't the players?

Ray didn't owe Boston anything, he can play anywhere with anyone and it's nobody's business. I wouldn't feel respected either with the Bradley/Rondo situation and don't blame Ray for getting himself into a better situation, if he feels that is so.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    I think everyone needs to get off Ray's ass. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the decision he made, he can play for any god damn team he wants to! Sure, the Celtics feel he should have been loyal and re-signed. But tell me this, is it any more loyal to have traded him at the deadline earlier this year? If the teams don't have to be loyal and can do what's best for them, why the **** can't the players?

Ray didn't owe Boston anything, he can play anywhere with anyone and it's nobody's business. I wouldn't feel respected either with the Bradley/Rondo situation and don't blame Ray for getting himself into a better situation, if he feels that is so.
    28 other teams in the league and he signed with his previous team's biggest rival. Shows not only lack of loyalty, but weakness. He gave in.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    28 other teams in the league and he signed with his previous team's biggest rival. Shows not only lack of loyalty, but weakness. He gave in.
    The Celtics' biggest rival is Miami? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    Ok here's some more info i got on a forum. take with a grain of salt like always. I'm copying and pasting it below.

"Rondo/ Bradley hit it off, grt chemistry, worked grt on floor tog. Rondo admired Bradley's defence only guy to be able to stay in front of him in practices. Allen disagreed being replaced on starting line up by Bradley. Rondo not standing up for Ray preferring to work w Bradley. Rondo started calling less plays for Allen, & not passing him the ball when he was moved to the bench. Much bickering bet Rondo & Ray over this as Ray's stats started dropping. More bickering more Ray's shot opportunities dropped. Relationship deteriorated beyond repair. (Sorry but sounds like Rajon was being the jerk to Ray. Man how many Xmases did Rajon spend w Ray's fam.)

Rajon not going anywhere. Like Doc said best fit for Boston's team need pass first pt guard.

Big 3 not impressed w Rajon's immaturity when; Rajon snubbed for All Star then added as injury replacement Rondo planned to miss the game out of spite but Rivers convinced him not to; after throwing ball at ref vets badgered him (esp KG) to make public apology but Rajon refused only when Doc said he should express regrets later in season to make it seem less disingenuous did Rajon agree. Rajon would only listen to Doc bugged the players.

That players' only closed door meeting also included discussions about Rajon's behaviour.

Makes u wonder what else went on in the locker room. Rondo looking like a selfish, stubborn kid.

MacMullan saying Doc earns most of his $$ by serving as Rajon's disciplinarian, psychiatrist, ego booster and conscience."
    It must be a nightmare having to play alongside a pass first PG,probably the most unselfish, team orientated PG in the league.

Ray Allen was a great player and his role on the team should never be underestimated but i believe that he cannot handle the fact that he was never the main man or priority. If he's leaving because he doesn't feel important or because we aggeresively pursued KG more than him then good riddance. He had a role at the Celtics and he's no longer happy with that role so its probably best for both parties if he moves on.

But i will say this, does he really think Miami will treat him any better than the Celtics did? Will he start ahead of Wade? Will they run plays for him and share the ball as much as the Celtics do?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    The Celtics' biggest rival is Miami? Really?
    At this moment, absolutely.

He signed where he thought was the best place for him. He doesn't give a damn about loyalty because Celtics didn't show him loyalty.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Right, because loyalty only goes one way.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth#34
    It must be a nightmare having to play alongside a pass first PG,probably the most unselfish, team orientated PG in the league.

Ray Allen was a great player and his role on the team should never be underestimated but i believe that he cannot handle the fact that he was never the main man or priority. If he's leaving because he doesn't feel important or because we aggeresively pursued KG more than him then good riddance. He had a role at the Celtics and he's no longer happy with that role so its probably best for both parties if he moves on.

But i will say this, does he really think Miami will treat him any better than the Celtics did? Will he start ahead of Wade? Will they run plays for him and share the ball as much as the Celtics do?
    I can guarantee you that he wont be involve in any trade discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    He signed where he thought was the best place for him. He doesn't give a damn about loyalty because Celtics didn't show him loyalty.
    That's bullshit. He tagged along for a small fraction of the money he could have had in order to get an easy ring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth#34
    You can be the most unselfish point guard in the world and still be an immature douchebag off the court (Which is what insider point is implying). It doesn't necessarily correlate.