Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

Default Lebron: 'There is no room for Donald Sterling in our league. There is no room for him

Unlike others, he speaks his mind

What are your thoughts on Donald Sterling's comments?

"If the reports are true, it's unacceptable. It's unacceptable in our league. It doesn't matter if you're white, black, Hispanic, whatever, all across the races. It's unacceptable and as a commissioner in our league, they have to make a stand, and they have to be very aggressive with it. I don't know what it's going to be, but you just can't have that in our league. We're the model citizens of all sports around the world and because we're the most recognizable, I mean, it figures. You see us all the time, you see our logos, you see our players, and for an owner to come out and say the things that he said, it's very disrespectful, it's very appalling and one of my best friends and dear friends plays on his team in Chris Paul and I haven't had an opportunity to talk to him but I can only imagine what's going through his head."

How difficult would it be to play with that hanging over...

"I don't know. I kind of waivered back and forth whether I would actually sit out. If our owner would come out and say the things that he said, I would really have to sit down with my teammates, talk to my family because at the end of the day, our family, and our teammates are way more important than that. Basketball is huge, obviously the playoffs have been unbelievable, and I hate the fact that something like this has to come out when the playoffs have been unbelievable and the game of basketball continues to grow, but there is no room for Donald Sterling in our league. There is no room for him."

Does it make you angry?

"I'm not angry. Just disappointed more than anything. There is only 30 owners and 400-plus of us. For a player, I just think...I put my...I can only imagine if a player came out and said something of that stature what would happen to us as players. So, I believe in Adam [Silver], I believe in the NBA and they have to do something and do something very fast and quickly before this really gets out of hand. Like I said, there is no room for Donald Sterling in our league, man. There it is."

http://www.hothothoops.com/2014/4/26...lings-comments

NBA Legend

Default Re: Lebron: 'There is no room for Donald Sterling in our league. There is no room for him

Chris Paul insisted he would only play for a team that hired a black head coach.

But thats ok. Hes black. We all secretly pity him for being black. We dont wanna come down on him, bc hes already black. And the truth is we all think that must suck. We expect him to already feel bad about being black. So we wont impose high standards on him.

But this caucasian guy, Sterling..... Lets witch hunt the hell out of the arrogant white bastard.

Gawwwd im like sooo progressive and tolerant u guys. Look at me n how cool i am. Its all about equality, yeah!

Default Re: Lebron: 'There is no room for Donald Sterling in our league. There is no room for him

kobe and bran on the same page. matter of time before we exile the clippers and spread out their talent.

we'll take griff

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Chris Paul insisted he would only play for a team that hited a black head coach.
    Whatever, he never said he doesn't consider non-black people smelly, lazy, inferior people.

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    kobe and bran on the same page. matter of time before we exile the clippers and spread out their talent.

we'll take griff
    sixers call cp3

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Whatever, he never said he doesn't consider non-black people smelly, lazy, inferior people.

Right, he just wants them denied employment because of the color of their skin.

Good college starter

NBA lottery pick

Donald Sterling has proven, by his actions past and present, he doesn't belong in the NBA or any business that believes in equal rights and human rights.

By his own actions, he has shown his true colors. A racist bigot with a superiority complex.

All the owners should vote against him. Adam Silver, the new NBA commissioner, should set an example and punish him accordingly.

There is no place in society for these type of ideologies. We've seen what happens when racism goes unchecked. Hitler taught us that valuable cruel lesson. A lesson no sane person ever wants to re-do.

Sterling is still holding on to a fleeting past where ancient illogical ideas about race were deemed valid. In modern times, we know the result of racism and how it only fosters chaos, hate, violence, and ultimately death by the millions.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

well that escalated quickly, didnt think it was that big of a deal

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24

we'll take griff
    We'll take DeAndre Jordan

NBA rookie of the year

Chris Paul insisted he would only play for a team that hired a black head coach.

But thats ok. Hes black. We all secretly pity him for being black. We dont wanna come down on him, bc hes already black. And the truth is we all think that must suck. We expect him to already feel bad about being black. So we wont impose high standards on him.

But this caucasian guy, Sterling..... Lets witch hunt the hell out of the arrogant white bastard.

Gawwwd im like sooo progressive and tolerant u guys. Look at me n how cool i am. Its all about equality, yeah!
    Way to go man, I'm proud of you.

Very good NBA starter

Cp3 to the heat

Very good NBA starter

Again you're full of shit. You still haven't provided proof that this was actually true.

But this is all gonna blower over, right dudes? Dudes...?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Cp3 to the heat
    Is he good? Can we get him?