Default Would you rather have Steph Curry or D Rose

Talking about today. Both are injury prone, although one more than the other.

I take Curry but I'm a bit biased

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Default Re: Would you rather have Steph Curry or D Rose

Curry. He's a better shooter and hasn't had multiple knee surgeries yet.

glass ankles > bum knees

I'll take the guy who doesn't sit out the postseason after being cleared by doctors.

Glass Ankles v.s. Glass Knees?

D-Rose at his healthiest was better due to much superior defensive, and athletic abilities.

Steph's offensive basketball skills are phenomenal, often injured, and extremely weak defensively.

As of right now, as a Bulls / Chicago / D-Rose fan honestly? Steph Curry. That pains me to say, but Pooh has missed two years of basketball and we don't know how healthy or good he'll be going forward.

Curry's 2014 season offensively was almost as good as Derrick's 2011 MVP season. GS had much higher offensive pace, more weapons and explosive team offense than the 2011 Bulls but Curry didn't take over games like Derrick did in 2011 or lead a team having no business to 62 wins. As I also said, D-Rose's defense is vastly superior. Even today.

Rose always hurt and his skill set has a lot to do with his athleticism. not a good combination

Rose 2011 is what Curry can't match but I would pick Curry
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 08-24-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    I hate to say this but curry.
    Yea ... Even if healthy this entire time Rose would've been the better player, and had the clear cut higher peak. But Curry's skills, and floor game lend itself to longevity in the league and sustained greatness. Even if never truly elite or MVP caliber.

Both at their best, Rose. But Curry is the much surer thing going forward. He has the perfect skill set to be good for the next 10-15 years. Rose's jumper looks much improved, his vision is great..but he just won't be as good as Curry when they're in their mid-late 30s.

But seeing the explosiveness Rose has shown in the FIBA WC this summer..he could definitely pass up Curry for the next 4-5 years though.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Glass Ankles v.s. Glass Knees?

D-Rose at his healthiest was better due to much superior defensive, and athletic abilities.

Steph's offensive basketball skills are phenomenal, often injured, and extremely weak defensively.

As of right now, as a Bulls / Chicago / D-Rose fan honestly? Steph Curry. That pains me to say, but Pooh has missed two years of basketball and we don't know how healthy or good he'll be going forward.

Curry's 2014 season offensively was almost as good as Derrick's 2011 MVP season. GS had much higher offensive pace, more weapons and explosive team offense than the 2011 Bulls but Curry didn't take over games like Derrick did in 2011 or lead a team having no business to 62 wins. As I also said, D-Rose's defense is vastly superior. Even today.
    Rose 2011: 23.5 PER, .55 TS, .485 eFg
    Curry 2014: 24.1 PER, .61 TS .566 eFg

I'm not sure you can give Rose the edge offensively. Curry has taken over games just like Rose has. I won't argue with you on the defensive side though, and I do highly value defense. I'm not brushing that aside.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Rose 2011: 23.5 PER, .55 TS, .485 eFg
    Curry 2014: 24.1 PER, .61 TS .566 eFg

I'm not sure you can give Rose the edge offensively. Curry has taken over games just like Rose has. I won't argue with you on the defensive side though, and I do highly value defense. I'm not brushing that aside.
    Curry didn't take over as many games in the clutch last season as Rose did in 2011. Not even close.

Rose also slaughtered all the head to heads against elite contemporaries at his position that season, and he performed the best against teams with the best records in the league that season compared to his MVP counterparts: LeBron, Wade, Dwight, and Dirk.

We're not talking PER. Rose accounted for much larger percentage of his team's offense.

GS was higher paced, and had WAY more offensive weapons to free up Curry, and allow him to rack up assists. This isn't even an argument.

So in that scope, given who shouldered a larger burden of offense for their team, Chicago with the slower pace ... his next best players being declining Boozer (who missed a lot of games), and defensive role player Noah (who missed a lot of games) it's not as close as the numbers suggest in actual context.

Rose in 2011 was better offensively (not by a lot, but context included yes), and defensively than Curry was in 2014.

Prime: Rose

MVP season Rose wasn't playing at MVP level; mostly a media created MVP but his offense and defense makes him a better player than 2014 Curry overall.

Now: Curry

Now, you take Curry over Rose because Rose's knees are already hurting playing a few games in the summer.

NBA rookie of the year

Head to Head

Curry owns Rose