Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Can someone logically and rationally explain how Lebron is better than Dirk?

One guy made the Finals out West with no all stars and probably should have two rings

The other guy has lost 3 out of 5 times in the Finals and won twice with two other superstars all in their prime.

So beyond marketing, hype, ESPN, and race, how is Lebron the better player?

Default Re: Can someone logically and rationally explain how Lebron is better than Dirk?

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    One guy made the Finals out West with no all stars and probably should have two rings

The other guy has lost 3 out of 5 times in the Finals and won twice with two other superstars all in their prime.

So beyond marketing, hype, ESPN, and race, how is Lebron the better player?
    If you are hear to have a serious discussion why did you say Wade and Bosh were in their primes or were superstars when Lebron won his rings?

Wade 2013 playoffs 16 points on 46% shooting
    Jason Terry 2011 playoffs 17.5 points on 48% shooting 44% from 3

Stop being ignorant and disingenuous and we can have a real discussion. Even though there is hardly anything to debate.

Lebron has better stats
    More MVPS
    More FMVPS

Dirk's 2007 MVP season failure was just as bad as Lebron's 2011 finals.
    First Round Exit to an Eight Seed as an MVP
    19.7 points on 38% shooting.
    Last edited by navy; 08-24-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Default Re: Can someone logically and rationally explain how Lebron is better than Dirk?

Explaining why would be a waste of time since I honestly doubt this topic was created for rational discussion.

Dirk's chokes in 2006 and 2007 are as big as anything LeBron did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    If you are hear to have a serious discussion why did you say Wade and Bosh were in their primes or were superstars when Lebron won his rings?

Wade 2013 playoffs 16 points on 46% shooting
    Jason Terry 2011 playoffs 17.5 points on 48% shooting 44% from 3

Stop being ignorant and disingenuous and we can have a real discussion. Even though there is hardly anything to debate.

Lebron has better stats
    More MVPS
    More FMVPS

Dirk's 2007 MVP season failure was just as bad as Lebron's 2011 finals.
    Have you considered that Dirk made Terry better and that Lebron's ball dominance hindered Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Explaining why would be a waste of time since I honestly doubt this topic was created for rational discussion.
    Then you just wasted your time with this post as well.

Does that make Dirk better than Kobe too?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    No I am genuinely curious because I am one of the serious fans of basketball who doesn't see what makes Lebron better than several players who I am 100% certain are all better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Dirk's chokes in 2006 and 2007 are as big as anything LeBron did.
    Answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Then you just wasted your time with this post as well.
    Well, I thought it would be best to warn the rest of ISH that this is a pretty dishonest thread.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Does that make Dirk better than Kobe too?
    Can we just leave other players out of the discussion?

I fail to see how anything Lebron did on Cleveland is more impressive than what Dirk accomplished out West with a similar cast and much stiffer competition.

Dirk is the GOAT Pf, so i'll forgive you for this question OP. The heat only had one all star, lebron James. Both bosh and Wade were done and relied solely on Lebron to take them to the promised land. Dirk couldn't do what Lebron did, beating tough competition.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Answer it.
    Because Dirk's team wasn't talented and if you're going to toss in 2007, then toss in lebron's chokejobs vs the Celtics and Magic.

2006 was bullshit and the Mavs should never have lost in the Finals

Have you considered that Dirk made Terry better and that Lebron's ball dominance hindered Wade?
    Wade in 2011 25/7/4
    Wade in 2012 23/5/4
    Wade in 2013 17.8/4/4

Have you consdered Wade has admitted to having bad knees and that's why he rest half the season?

Nice rationale discussion we are having.

Can we just leave other players out of the discussion?

I fail to see how anything Lebron did on Cleveland is more impressive than what Dirk accomplished out West with a similar cast and much stiffer competition.
    So you're going to ignore his accomplishments on the Heat? And all his MVP's?