Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: What the hell is up with OKC...

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    When healthy, they have only lost to the team that won the title since 2010. There is a strong case for them being the 2nd best team in at least 2 of those years. Which championship team SHOULD they have beaten? Lakers in 2010? Mavs in 2011? Heat in 2012? Spurs in 2014? Which ones? It's not as if they are some playoff underachievers or something.
    2 top 5 players and a solid cast (ibaka/green/harden/perkins/reggie jackson/lamb/k. martin/etc) should net you more than what they got in the last 6 years. That's how I see it.

The Holy Trinity

They're really just a two-man team, at least offensively. The return of KD following Westbrook's explosion last year and their opening night win over the Spurs caused people to over-hype them.

But, really, a good team can let them both get their points and still be fine as long as it makes at least one of the two (usually Westbrook) be a volume shooter to get them.

durant needs to leave that shiet hole of a team. Join the cavs, hell we'll even give u love.

Learning to shoot layups Thunder_Up's Avatar

From what I've seen so far the Thunder are struggling to get used to sharing the ball on offense. I have seen so many turnovers these past 6 games from bad/dropped/lazy passes it's almost infuriating. It makes me wonder if they've ever practiced passing sometimes.

The part that gives me hope is when the second unit comes out and passes the ball around 4-5 times with nice off the ball movement and get an easy shot. Maybe it's because those guys are younger or have been in better systems before coming to OKC. Currently getting around 22 assists per game so I'm hoping they continue to progress and can cut out the turnovers.

Our defense currently seems to be sink or swim. We lead the league in blocks which much of the time results in transition points but if we don't make a block or steal teams have been getting into the paint too easy, especially in the 4th.

Sum up

Good:
    More assists, better off-ball movement, less dependent on ISO, shot blocking

Bad :
    Way too many turnovers, revert back to ISO in crunch time, can't protect the paint

They lost to
    Raptors (undefeated yet)
    Rockets (stacked)
    Bulls (stacked)

nothing wrong with that, but they play the same way as in recent seasons (iso iso iso)