Default Who's your all time top 5 PISTONS players?

Mines so far are....

In no order

1. Isiah
    2. Dumars
    3. Hill
    4. Billups
    5. B.Wallace

Who's yours?

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Who's your all time top 5 PISTONS players?

It's really hard to not go with the Pistons Starting five between 03 - 08

Billups, Rip, Prince, Sheed, Big Ben

I was too young to watch the "Bad Boys" era, and I think I loved Hill's Game more than I loved Hill as a person,

Honorable mentions to Lindsay Hunter and Mcdyss,

KCP, Dre and Stanley will be pushing that top 5 with any luck in the coming few years!

NBA lottery pick

It's really hard to not mention Dave Bing and Bob Lanier. I know we like to forget about the guys from way back then but to leave out HOF's would be very tough.

^^ Yeah but I never personally saw them play / way before my time, so can't warrant placing them in top 5,

I answered the question as in who my top 5 fav players were... If it were top 5 players in terms of how good they were, then yes clearly would be a different list, and Zeke / Hill should be the top 2 guys, followed closely by Lanier, with perhaps Big Ben, Bing and Billups fighting to round out the top 5, with honorable mention to Dumars

Isiah
    Chauncey
    Joe
    Ben
    Sheed

In some order.

I'm going to go ahead and put the top 5 I have seen and build my team off of.

Isiah Thomas - My all-time favorite player. The reason my favorite number is 11. The reason all my jerseys are number 11.

Chauncey Billups - Mr. Big Shot. I think he could handle his own at the 2. Big enough, strong enough, stretches the floor out. More than capable ball handler. Maybe the most intelligent player in my top 5.

Dennis Rodman - Why do I love the worm so much??? I loved this guys attitude as a Piston when I was growing up. The guy that made you stand up because he would go flying out of bounce for a loose ball. Could guard 1-5. WOOORRRMMM.

Rasheed Wallace - How one player can make a good team great? Skills and attitude. This guy became brothers with the core group right away. Nasty skill set. Can spread the floor. Defensive anchor. Long arms. Mind games. Rasheed is one of the most versatile bigs I have ever seen.

Bill Laimbeer - I even surprised myself thinking about this. How can you NOT take Ben Wallace? Because I have Rodman. Because I have Sheed. And now because I took a C that is great at mind games, can stretch the floor, defensive anchor, rebounds, fights, all the nasty. I think he'd bring more to this 5 than Big Ben would.

Close behind aka the bench:

Grant Hill - He's coming off the pine first. Can you imagine?!?!? Once Worm's rotation is over, arguably the Pistons most potent scoring threat (Isiah was damned lethal and would give Hill a run for his money) is coming in. Versatile as can be, we have LeBron lite sitting on first.

Ben Wallace - We can sacrifice a little on offense to get Ben Wallace in on defense. He's got hardware. Nuff said.

Joe Dumars - We don't lose a bit on defense. If anything, we get better on defense when the bench roles in. And Dumars was more than a capable scorer. (Finals MVP baby) Dumars could confidently run the point or slide over to the 2 with Isiah or Chauncey still on the floor.

Rip Hamilton
    Adrian Dantley
    Rick Mahorn
    Tayshaun Prince
    Corliss Williamson
    The Microwave

Wasn't old enough to see the former Pistons legends, so can't comment on them unfortunately.
    Last edited by ZMonkey11; 12-08-2015 at 08:19 PM.

NBA lottery pick

If Andre Drummond continues to get better he might just be in this discussion one day. Of course he needs to play better than he did last night lol.

If he continues his career arc with the Pistons for 12+ seasons he could end up being the best Piston since Zeke - big call, but could potentially average 18+/18+ over the span of his prime which would make it hard to argue against him -

Throw in some all-star games / all NBA teams / some other awards here and there... The way he is trending it seems likely

A lot could go wrong over the next 10 years, but with his current arc - sky is the limit to where he finishes amongst Piston greats