Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: It's Trade Deadline week!!

Who cares about the rumored deals? It's the out-of-the-blue ones that are the best.

Like the Deron trade.

I really hope Knicks will make a move. As constructed they aren't contenders but they are a small piece away from it.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Best week of the year!! Well, (1) this week, (2) the day of the draft and (3) beginning of free agency in July. That's like the trifecta of NBA fun!!!

I mean, honestly, who needs actual basketball. Just the transactions!!!

As a fan of a really bad team, i couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    I really hope Knicks will make a move. As constructed they aren't contenders but they are a small piece away from it.
    What kind of small piece? Give an example of a close to possible trade the Knicks could make

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    What kind of small piece? Give an example of a close to possible trade the Knicks could make
    Not Bargnani. He's the Bulls fan's problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Not Bargnani. He's the Bulls fan's problem now.
    Bulls fans would be extremely lucky to get Bargnani for boozer. Nobody has come up with anything close to as good for the Knicks as a Bargnani/amare swap. I was just curious to see if there were any ideas at all

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Bulls fans would be extremely lucky to get Bargnani for boozer. Nobody has come up with anything close to as good for the Knicks as a Bargnani/amare swap. I was just curious to see if there were any ideas at all
    We've all come up with something as good as the Bargnani / Amare swap, the don't do Amare / Bargnani swap. Bulls fans prefer "amnesty Boozer and get nothing" instead of Bargnani. It's fairly similar to Knick fan's thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    We're not a small piece away, we're a starting lineup change away from being true contenders. Amare has to start, I see no reason why he shouldn't. Amare can still put up 18/7 in 30 MPG if he got it & that's something Melo needs next to him to take the scoring load off him. Sheed or Camby coming back is vital too because we need a defensive big coming off the bench. If either of them can't contribute, I'd try & trade Brewer or waive White/Cope for a player like K-Mart or Amundson.

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    We're not a small piece away, we're a starting lineup change away from being true contenders. Amare has to start, I see no reason why he shouldn't. Amare can still put up 18/7 in 30 MPG if he got it & that's something Melo needs next to him to take the scoring load off him. Sheed or Camby coming back is vital too because we need a defensive big coming off the bench. If either of them can't contribute, I'd try & trade Brewer or waive White/Cope for a player like K-Mart or Amundson.
    I'd waive White for shaming us in the dunk contest.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I'd waive White for shaming us in the dunk contest.
    Repped lmao

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Do you think they will trade KG/Pierce and build for the future, or do you think they will try to go on another run?
    I wouldn't like to see KG or Pierce go, but I think they should just got for the future.

Only moves the Knicks can make that would help is getting a guy like Blair for scraps if the Spurs are desperate to just move him. I think Amar'e's eventual return to the starting lineup will be beneficial. Need to get guys like Camby and Sheed healthy. Starting to think the Camby pickup will end up hurting us badly. He appears broken at this point.

Banned

don't care who makes them and who gets traded, but there better be some trades

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Do you think they will trade KG/Pierce and build for the future, or do you think they will try to go on another run?
    I don't think Danny is too optimistic, if KG decides to stay instead of agreeing with the FO for a suitable trade we will just ride this one out

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    If Chicago is going to make a move with Boozer, it would be nice to get a younger wing in the deal for depth. Ross or Anderson from the Raptors in addition to Bargani if thats where Booz is going
    You have to be crazy if you think Ross would be included on a deal to take even more salary and just as bad defence on in Boozer. If we can drop a couple bad contracts while getting Boozer and a backup PG in Nate, I'd do it. Not giving Ross up just to get rid of Bargnani though when we could simply amnesty him.

You can have Anderson though, I don't want him on the team anyways.

I can't see the Raptors accepting the deal, but you never know with BC.

They are also rumours of a trade based on Bargnani for Gordon, along with one based on Bargnani for Hawes.

I don't care who we get, I just want Bargnani traded.