NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Bold Prediction: Tony Parkers gets MVP this year

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    This guy deserves MVP this year.

Cmon.. Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    This guy deserves MVP this year.
    Not over Lebron.... probably not over Durant either, less sure about that one as he is on a 3 game losing streak, but...

Banned

Chuck just said Parker deserves the MVP

Very good NBA starter

Spurs are badass even when Parker is not on the floor. Actually a pleasure to watch. Parker only averages like 33 mpg. No MVP ever has averaged such few minutes.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Two weeks ago it was Durant over Lebron now its Parker over Lebron.. People just looking for excuses not to give it to Lebron when he CLEARLY deserves it being the Best Player on the best team(I know not best record yet) and doing so much for his team at a ridiculously high and efficient level.

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    People seem to confuse "bold" and "flat out stupid".

The Spurs are a perfect example of a perfectly coached team. Pop gets the most out of his players. They still find ways to win with Manu, TD, TP out of the lineup at various times. TP won't win MVP for the same reason it would have been absolutely retarded to have given Billups, Ben Wallace, or Rip Hamilton the award in 05-06 when the Pistons finished with the league's best record. TP was never a top 10 player at any point in his career and has no business ever winning it.

He's a top 10 player this season. I'd like to see a list of 9 better players this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Not over Lebron.... probably not over Durant either, less sure about that one as he is on a 3 game losing streak, but...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Spurs are badass even when Parker is not on the floor. Actually a pleasure to watch. Parker only averages like 33 mpg. No MVP ever has averaged such few minutes.
    This. Parker has been amazing, but he's not the MVP. He'll finish 3rd and rightfully so.

Truth of the matter is that he gets closer and closer to Durant by the day. I obviously know Durant is a great great player and I've argued him for MVP for maybe half the season (went back and forth with him and Lebron early, then Melo was in the discussion), but with some time to think it over, his last few weeks have been underwhelming. His PPG have gone up but his defense has gone down and his team play has gone down. He's always gotten calls but this last month has been an abomination and I argued that before I even pulled out of arguing him for MVP. And then I come to realize that OKC is on a 3 game losing streak and haven't been as great recently...like an early bad streak they had last year, I didn't even realize and it ends up correlating with his more recent play.

He's not the MVP but he's up there. He's missed 3 games this season, so I don't know what various times they've done just fine without him. Why don't people take Popovich's system into consideration when they slurp post 2004 Duncan?

Only way Lebron doesn't win MVP at this point is either due to injury or Durant putting together some wild 10 straight 40 point game streak or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Two weeks ago it was Durant over Lebron now its Parker over Lebron.. People just looking for excuses not to give it to Lebron when he CLEARLY deserves it being the Best Player on the best team(I know not best record yet) and doing so much for his team at a ridiculously high and efficient level.

This is one guy who has his opinion. Stop acting like this is some movement. Seriously.