Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Where would PEAK Kobe rank today?

1. LeBron
    2. Kobe
    3. CP3
    4. Durant

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    1. LeBron
    2. Kobe
    3. CP3
    4. Durant
    How is CP3 better than Durant?

Cali Love

kobe
    lebron
    durant

Current lebron is better but kobe is definitely on that level. Lbj kobe and kd would all be close

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    How is CP3 better than Durant?
    Durant is obviously a better individual player than CP3 is, but the NBA is a 5 man game. CP3 is a more valuable part of a 5 man squad than KD is.

If I could chose between the two, I would choose CP3. IMO, KD is slightly overrated because of his scoring ability. CP3 is a better player than KD is in the context of a 5 man team game.

pretty much tied with Lebron you could make a case that he's better than Lebron

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Durant is obviously a better individual player than CP3 is, but the NBA is a 5 man game. CP3 is a more valuable part of a 5 man squad than KD is.

If I could chose between the two, I would choose CP3. IMO, KD is slightly overrated because of his scoring ability. CP3 is a better player than KD is in the context of a 5 man team game.
    CP3 is mascot for a stacked squad. his team be killin contenders with him in suit. he's not more valuable to a team he's just fortunate to be on a team with more valuable pieces around him

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    pretty much tied with Lebron you could make a case that he's better than Lebron
    care to make that case? cuz this version of lebron> any version of kobe and its not close

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    CP3 is mascot for a stacked squad. his team be killin contenders with him in suit. he's not more valuable to a team he's just fortunate to be on a team with more valuable pieces around him
    I'm not basing CP3's value solely on this season's Clippers record.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    care to make that case? cuz this version of lebron> any version of kobe and its not close
    That's debatable.

IMO, Kobe's peak isn't the same opinion most on ISH hold. I don't think 06 was his peak. IMO, his last season or 2 with Shaq was his peak as a player.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

I'm not basing CP3's value solely on this season's Clippers record.
    be interested in hearing your reasons then, cause I think Durant is more capable of carrying a team especially in the playoffs

I think Paul is a better player. His defense is much better and it's still funny when people fail to appreciate how good an on-ball defender he is. He's playing defense this year.

He's up there with Nash (as Kidd is obviously not the same) as the best passer in the game, one of the truly great playmakers. After Nash, there isn't anyone who does a better job of making players better (tho Marc is up there). He's a legit 20 PPG scorer, able to curtail that to suit his team, as he's a true PG. He sometimes does too much on his own. His best quality this year is that he's not trying to do everything, as his team is stacked. Durant is the MVP. Durant even deserves to be higher on the list than Paul does, as Durant has played better for a more sustained period. And he's done it in the playoffs. In fact, I still have a hard time ranking Nash and Paul (kinda easy right now), as I don't think Nash (outside of this moment) is really any different than the guy who won the MVP's, and I don't know that Paul has hit that peak yet.

But if I'm talking in a vacuum...if I'm going into a series right now and the series comes down to the difference between Chris Paul and Kevin Durant, I'm taking Paul's team, because I'm taking Paul. There isn't a guy in the West I'd take over him. Dwight Howard, when healthy, will be the one fighting him, but that's not this year. Tho Kobe makes me think sometimes...but Chris Paul is probably the best player -all things being equal- in the Western Conference.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 01-20-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990

And Lebron stans make fun of Kobe stans. Sad.

Hes washed up, no longer top 10 in current NBA, Dwight Howard is the best player on LA Lakers.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

That's debatable.

IMO, Kobe's peak isn't the same opinion most on ISH hold. I don't think 06 was his peak. IMO, his last season or 2 with Shaq was his peak as a player.

If that's the player you are choosing, then he has a very low bball IQ as proven from his Finals where he shot LA out of a ring against the Spurs in 2003 and Detroit in 2004 with his super quick Nick Young trigger.