Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Peak DWade or Peak TMac?

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Seeing that their stats are pretty much a wash, just off intangibles, I felt what Kobe did in the 2006 postseason was crazy. Yeah, I know, the Pistons were quite clearly better defensively BUT on the flip side of that coin, Phoenix was definitely better on offense. What really impressed me about him was the fact he knew hanging 40 a night on 'em wouldn't do much if anything. They were a potent offensive team. They could withstand Kobe's insane scoring because of their pace. Kobe had to get his teammates involved, sacrifice his scoring, and ante up on the defensive end - and did so brilliantly. I'm not sure Mac could have done the same. Who knows though?
    Definitely impressive after the approach he had to carry them to 45 wins and the playoffs. That's always impressed me as well, not to mention almost ending the series with 50 points in game 6.

Exactly. Different facets like defense (negligible in your opinion) ability to make difficult shots and clutch play are what really stand out for me. I've always thought Kobe was one of if not the most skilled scorer the games seen. Strictly off scoring, Kobe has no weaknesses.
    Can't argue with any of that.

Really? I can understand why you see it that way, but I've always thought 2006 and 2007 Kobe was every bit as good as he was in 2008 and more. He was notably more explosive the previous two years (athletically and as an offensive player) and IMO all he really needed was the right cast around him to replicate another MVP year. Not sure what it is exactly, but 2006 for me was the year I stepped back and thought Kobe really matured as a player. Someone who didn't watch that season will look at his FGA and say some idiotic crap like he was just a shot-jacker but you had to REALLY be there and watch that season to understand his help (or lack there of) and the circumstances behind all that shooting. His demeanor and attitude on the court really showed strides as the season progressed. I'll admit, I'm a homer of that year for a number of reasons (mainly because of what he had to do from a scoring standpoint whilst dragging a bunch of no-names into the postseason), but seriously...to me, the combination of both his athleticism and skill were never better than in 2006.
    It's tough for me to pick a best year for Kobe between 2006-2008. I think that he seemed more athletic and quicker in 2008 actually than 2007.

A big part of the difference between all 3 seasons was the situation. As far as what he was capable of? It's hard for me to put any on a different level than the other. I like 2006 as well for several reasons such as entertainment, and putting a team on his back and carrying them all season with some of the greatest scoring feats in NBA history.

2007 is great too for the reasons Chazzy stated and that display towards the end of the season when you knew he was going to score 50 whenever he wanted is still one of the most amazing stretches I can remember.

As far as overall game, 2008 was his best, imo, but for individual dominance, 2006 and 2007 are his best. But how well he played in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs also makes me favor 2008 somewhat.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Not at all.
    Oh yes. It's true. Neither peak T-Mac or Wade have a case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Durrrrrrrrr......
    I see.

Very good NBA starter

Good. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Good. Good.
    HURR DURR! KOBE!!!!! 5 RINGZ!!!! DURR!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Prime/Peak T-Mac is probably the best player this decade skill wise.
    lol....

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Kobe has all the rings, and Tmac and lebron don't have any
    Stop crying.

Banned

tmac.... not even close