Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #151
step_back
College superstar

Default Re: Myth: Derrick Rose is an elite POINT guard ( He is an undersized SG like Wade)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
I remember when Nash had no little court vision and I think now he is among the best in the game. He went from a pretty steady seven a game to the 11 he has now. His development rate was much slower rate than Rose. Rose was not in a system where his passing game could flourish. Besides for the last three months of the year Derrick Rose was the premier point in the league - so be it not a pure point guard. At 21yo that is amazing.

Nash went from having a jumpshooting PF who likes to put it on the floor in Dirk to a PF who likes to finish around the basket with a dunk. That right there can get you more APG.

I definately know Rose will average more APG but a minimum of 10 per game for a 3rd year PG is asking a lot. It is plausible though.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #152
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Default Re: Myth: Derrick Rose is an elite POINT guard ( He is an undersized SG like Wade)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I want your answer as to how, Boozer who gets assisted on 75% of his plays, Korver and Cj Watson doesn't give Rose at least 3(and probably more) assists a game. When before he worked with just Deng and okay-ish shooting Kirk.

Because, I don't think it works like that.

I don't think for like Chris Paul gaining Ariza and Bellinelli

That he's gonna suddenly gonna go from 11 assist to 13 assist per game.

I just don't think your assist rise for every good player you obtain
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #153
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

There
Old 09-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #154
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Because, I don't think it works like that.

I don't think for like Chris Paul gaining Ariza and Bellinelli

That he's gonna suddenly gonna go from 11 assist to 13 assist per game.

I just don't think your assist rise for every good player you obtain
So you think that basically his career is decided that he's a score first guard? Even though at EVERY other level he's been considered a pass first player. At Simeon every said he could be the next Kidd. And his numbers back it up. At Memphis Cal LITERALLY had to tell him to score. That's why they almost lost to Tulsa when they were still undefeated. It's why Kansas owned them in the championship games until the second half. When he took over, and then unfortunately couldn't close it.
If you read his draft profile it says Kidd/Wade. Why in the hell is he all the sudden a score first guy? ESPN says so? ISH rumors say so? No one who watches the Bulls or watched at Memphis, or saw him play at Simeon, said he was score first. Most people say he's un-selfish to a fault.

That said I don't think your assists rate changes to whatever players you get, but to go from zero all stars to even having one is going to show he's pass first. It's shown at almost every other level of basketball he's played. (exception being FIBA) But come on no point guard with no all star talent looks like a pass first guy. I pointed it out before Cp3, D-will, Nash, all play with all stars. As does/did Kidd. You have to talent for your point guard to make you look better.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #155
redbull
Learning to shoot layups

How about we'll see how he fares this year when he actually has someone to pass to for once.
redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #156
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
So you think that basically his career is decided that he's a score first guard? Even though at EVERY other level he's been considered a pass first player. At Simeon every said he could be the next Kidd. And his numbers back it up. At Memphis Cal LITERALLY had to tell him to score. That's why they almost lost to Tulsa when they were still undefeated. It's why Kansas owned them in the championship games until the second half. When he took over, and then unfortunately couldn't close it.
If you read his draft profile it says Kidd/Wade. Why in the hell is he all the sudden a score first guy? ESPN says so? ISH rumors say so? No one who watches the Bulls or watched at Memphis, or saw him play at Simeon, said he was score first. Most people say he's un-selfish to a fault.

That said I don't think your assists rate changes to whatever players you get, but to go from zero all stars to even having one is going to show he's pass first. It's shown at almost every other level of basketball he's played. (exception being FIBA) But come on no point guard with no all star talent looks like a pass first guy. I pointed it out before Cp3, D-will, Nash, all play with all stars. As does/did Kidd. You have to talent for your point guard to make you look better.

Hence why I said he'll average 7-9 Apg
Old 09-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #157
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
Hence why I said he'll average 7-9 Apg
I know but do you think he's a score first pass first? Or he is that rare perfect blend.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #158
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Quote:
I know but do you think he's a score first pass first? Or he is that rare perfect blend.

I don't really know. All I know is he's a point guard who's really good at scoring and is a good passer.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #159
Rose
good scorer

Quote:
I don't really know. All I know is he's a point guard who's really good at scoring and is a good passer.
QFT!
Old 01-13-2011, 02:15 AM   #160
MayCeltics
Banned

Doesn't have any court vision. And is missing basic passing skills to be considered a point guard. He is consistently looking for his own shot. Poor man Dwyane WAde
MayCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:21 AM   #161
MayCeltics
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy
i agree that he lacks court vision a bit but he is a PG..just a scoring pg.
he doesnt have to play like kidd to be a PG...theres plenty of scoring pgs

Also his defense. He is just learning how to defend. 3 years and he guard a chair. Rose has too many flaws in his game to be considered elite.

top15 point guard.
MayCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:30 AM   #162
Tha Catalyst
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayCeltics
Also his defense. He is just learning how to defend. 3 years and he guard a chair. Rose has too many flaws in his game to be considered elite.

top15 point guard.
Terrible trolling attempt. We will see who finishes higher in the MVP rankings and all-nba teams, rose or rondo.
Tha Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:06 AM   #163
PurpleChuck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayCeltics

top15 point guard.

Name 10 PGs better than him now. Trolling fail.
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #164
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Mayceltics hated Rose and LeBron. I hope the Bulls and Heat beat his team in the playoffs.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:42 AM   #165
Semi
I rule the local playground

Man don't act like you know everything about this guy after you confirmed you only watched him one game. Yeah, he doesn't have superior court-vision but that doesn't make him a shooting guard. You know what guys are playing the PG position in the NBA? This is clear trolling, or otherwise open a thread and describe why Derek Fisher is more of a shooting guard because he litterly can't make a great assist...I know you were talking about the premiere-pg's but it's the same with that, your a-typicles won't gonna cut it when we talk about complete basketball players.
Semi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: