Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default It's time for everyone to admit that kawhi is the best player in the world

Yup everyone. Sorry fellow LeBron fans. Our guy had his run but he's on the decline. He may not even be a top 5 player in the game right now. Kawhi, harden, curry, Greek and Anthony Davis may all be better. That's hard for me to say because I really like Bron and dislike curry and harden but it is what it is. In his prime he was better than all of them but he's no longer in his prime.

Sorry curry and harden fans offensively they're as good but kawhi is way better on the defensive end. He also can get much better looks from the mid-range which makes his game more effective for the tough, slowed down games like the finals and late playoff series. Both harden and curry struggle more in physical slowed down half court sets. Harden has a harder time finishing in traffic with the refs letting more go and curry has a harder time getting open looks from the three when the top defences are switching well and negating his goat off ball movement.

Sorry Greek fans. He's on the way and very close to being the best player in the world but he still has a little work to do on the offensive end. He has absolutely no mid range or post game. Deep in the playoffs when the defences turn the game into slow, physical half court games Greek is almost useless on the floor other than being able to get a few offensive rebounds and put backs.

If kd was healthy he'd have a legit argument but he's probably done because of the Achilles's. It's kawhi Leonard's time. He and the clippers are gonna dominate the NBA for the next few years.

Default Re: It's time for everyone to admit that kawhi is the best player in the world

Durant and Kawhi are 1a/b when healthy.

The rest are fighting for second, third and so forth.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: It's time for everyone to admit that kawhi is the best player in the world

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Durant and KD are a 1a/b when healthy.

The rest are fighting for second, third and so forth.
    Ummm durant and kd are the same person or was that the point? Either way I think your underestimating the severity of an Achilles's injury. Kd will still be very good but he'll never be the same.

nadda, nope

still LeConsensus goat every season going a decade+

it aint us throwing a bundle full of darts at a board every year, picking the closest one that sticks and tediously switching it up annually

and when by annually, u know the formula. #1 guy, #1 team

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Ummm durant and kd are the same person or was that the point? Either way I think your underestimating the severity of an Achilles's injury. Kd will still be very good but he'll never be the same.
    KD didn't injure the foot he jumps/pushes off of so he'll be fine. KD is a sniper over everything else, he doesn't need much lift or speed to shoot over you in the post and his jumping leg is fine so he'll still be able to shoot his fadeaways and he'll still be able to dunk off one foot. He might look more like Dirk his first year back but he ain't done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    I meant Durant and Kawhi.

The achilles injury is something I shouldn't take lightly. But going to assume when healthy, KD will retake his position as a top tier player. With guys like Kawhi, Greek and AD.

Lebron will be at the backend of the top 10. Fringe Top 5 at best. His defense wont have an impact unless he sacrifices a bit of that offense. Which also takes away from stats, and stats are his brand. We'll see though.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I meant Durant and Kawhi.

The achilles injury is something I shouldn't take lightly. But going to assume when healthy, KD will retake his position as a top tier player. With guys like Kawhi, Greek and AD.

Lebron will be at the backend of the top 10. Fringe Top 5 at best. His defense wont have an impact unless he sacrifices a bit of that offense. Which also takes away from stats, and stats are his brand. We'll see though.
    Kawhi is easily at least 2 steps above Giannis and like 3 steps above AD.

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    Kawhi's definitely the better of the three.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    KD didn't injure the foot he jumps/pushes off of so he'll be fine. KD is a sniper over everything else, he doesn't need much lift or speed to shoot over you in the post and his jumping leg is fine so he'll still be able to shoot his fadeaways and he'll still be able to dunk off one foot. He might look more like Dirk his first year back but he ain't done.
    Not saying he's done. He'll still be good. He'll at best only lose a little bit of a step. Even that little bit is enough to close the gap between him and the 4 or 5 guys that were behind him. That's the best case scenario. Realistically he'll probably lose more than a little. He'll be 32 coming off the worst injury an athlete can suffer.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by superduper
    I have to agree.. Kawhi is the best player in the game. KD would have been if he didnt get injured. I would take Giannis over AD and yes KAwhi is a couple of levels better than AD.. Lebron is aging but still a top 5-7 player in the league. The Clips are going to win it. They have three guys that cannot be guarded in one on one situations. Kawhi, Lou Williams and Paul George. They look outright scary considering PG didnt play last night. Lou Williams is just a nightmare to try to guard. He collapsed The Lakers defense at will last night. The dude is out there taking and making incredible shots only a guy like Kyrie and Steph can make but only getting paid like 7 million a year..

Clips win it if they are healthy. Lakers are fielding a team like this was the early 2000's. Too many bigs in a league where the rules are aiding perimeter players.. That will work vs the weaker teams but teams with good perimeter defense wont allow you to score without penetration and the Lakers just dont have enough of those players.. Big ups to Bron I thought he played some good defense but this is a young mans league and Kawhi is just a bigger IN HIS PRIME MJ at this point. He doesnt miss

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    I have to agree.. Kawhi is the best player in the game. KD would have been if he didnt get injured. I would take Giannis over AD and yes KAwhi is a couple of levels better than AD.. Lebron is aging but still a top 5-7 player in the league. The Clips are going to win it. They have three guys that cannot be guarded in one on one situations. Kawhi, Lou Williams and Paul George. They look outright scary considering PG didnt play last night. Lou Williams is just a nightmare to try to guard. He collapsed The Lakers defense at will last night. The dude is out there taking and making incredible shots only a guy like Kyrie and Steph can make but only getting paid like 7 million a year..

Clips win it if they are healthy. Lakers are fielding a team like this was the early 2000's. Too many bigs in a league where the rules are aiding perimeter players.. That will work vs the weaker teams but teams with good perimeter defense wont allow you to score without penetration and the Lakers just dont have enough of those players.. Big ups to Bron I thought he played some good defense but this is a young mans league and Kawhi is just a bigger IN HIS PRIME MJ at this point. He doesnt miss
    Funny thing is, they have bigs like AD, McGee, Bran, Howard... still outrebounded by a shorter Clippers team.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    Funny thing is, they have bigs like AD, McGee, Bran, Howard... still outrebounded by a shorter Clippers team.
    What's really funny is the Celtics could have had Kawhi for Jaylen Brown. But now they were left no choice but to max out the bust.

3-time NBA All-Star

Kawhi is easily the best in the league now. He's clearly better than Lebron. Not sure how anyone can make the argument for Giannis based on what happened last ECF. AD hasn't proven anything. Durant might still be good, but I think its safe to say he won't be the same player again. Only player that can challenge is maybe Curry if he goes back to what he did in 2016, but I don't see that.

On another note, if Lebron is on the decline and out of the top 5 picture, which I think he might be, NBA might be in a little trouble. Not even getting into the China thing, but I don't really see anyone currently in the league that could be the face of the league as marketable as Bird, Magic, Jordan, Shaq, Kobe and Lebron have been. Maybe Zion? Don't get me wrong, obviously the NBA is still making a ton of money but I could see them lose some popularity as Lebron starts to become less and less relevant with nobody else really making up for that.

Good High School Starter

It's amazing how easily people forget.

Soon enough, my friends. Soon enough.

Decent college freshman

Anyone saw the respect and love Kobe gave to kawhi when he came to his camp? He knows.