Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Should Tony Parker Feel Embarrassed?

Klay Thompson was on Tony Parker a lot of the game today and Parker shot 38 percent while racking up just 3 assists. Lately people are getting loud about Parker for MVP but conveniently nobody says a word when he struggles (or when the Spurs lose). How did a defensively subpar player like Thompson hold him in check so well?

If this was CP3, Westbrook or Rose when he was healthy.. there would be threads.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 02-23-2013 at 06:10 AM.

Decent playground baller nosfan773's Avatar

Default Re: Should Tony Parker Feel Embarrassed?

Thompson doesn't deserve some respect?

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Thompson doesn't deserve some respect?
    Course. He locked up the MVP . Just saying it's funny how one day people hype the shit out of a player, then are nowhere to be found when they have a bad game. Yet any Lakers, Heat, Knicks, Clippers player a bad game= 5 threads. Tired of the hypocrites on this forum.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

i like TP and OP is trolling cause parker embarassed cp3 last night, but Parker being mvp is laughable.

College star

I thought I was the only one that noticed. Everytime I saw Klay guard Parker when he had the ball in his hands, I thought ok. Here it comes, Parker's going to blow right pass him for the ea...and he missed.

Not sure what that was about. Really risky putting Klay on Parker, shrewd if not idiotic move, from afar. And yet, it worked?

Strange days indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    i like TP and OP is trolling cause parker embarassed cp3 last night, but Parker being mvp is laughable.
    No. I'm trolling because the hypocrisy around here gets old. The double standards.

College star

Eh, he's trolling but he knows he is. Let em troll, he IS right after all. Let that had been CP3, Kobe, Westbrook, ect and there would be numerous childish threads ridiculing said players. As if they are robots and aren't allowed to underperform sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    I thought I was the only one that noticed. Everytime I saw Klay guard Parker when he had the ball in his hands, I thought ok. Here it comes, Parker's going to blow right pass him for the ea...and he missed.

Not sure what that was about. Really risky putting Klay on Parker, shrewd if not idiotic move, from afar. And yet, it worked?

Strange days indeed...

They put klay on parker last time as well. I think Klay guards Westbrook and Paul too. It works pretty well.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    They put klay on parker last time as well. I think Klay guards Westbrook and Paul too. It works pretty well.
    It just...doesn't make ****ing sense. The kid can't guard small forwards or shooting guards at his own size, but statistically does well defending smaller, quicker players at the point guard position?

Twilight zone shit I'm telling you. Everytime I saw him on Parker I was telling out "SWITCH JACK, SWITCH!!!" until I realized the assignment was by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Klay Thompson was on Tony Parker a lot of the game today and Parker only shot 35 percent while racking up just 3 assists. Lately people are getting loud about Parker for MVP but conveniently nobody says a word when he struggles (or when the Spurs lose). How did a defensively subpar player like Thompson hold him in check so well?

If this was CP3, Westbrook or Rose when he was healthy.. there would be threads.
    maybe because TP almost never "struggles" and the spurs hardly ever lose. last time he had a "bad" game was in early january against the knicks. he's been straight up amazing

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    It just...doesn't make ****ing sense. The kid can't guard small forwards or shooting guards at his own size, but statistically does well defending smaller, quicker players at the point guard position?

Twilight zone shit I'm telling you. Everytime I saw him on Parker I was telling out "SWITCH JACK, SWITCH!!!" until I realized the assignment was by design.
    definitely an anomaly in that sense of not being able to guard players at his own position yet being able to guard faster, smaller players.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    maybe because TP almost never "struggles" and the spurs hardly ever lose. last time he had a "bad" game was in early january against the knicks. he's been straight up amazing
    Many of the players I'm talking about the double standard with.. such as Kobe, CP3, Westbrook, Rose (when he was healthy obviously), Lebron, Wade, Melo etc it doesn't even have to be a "bad" game. It could merely be a below average one.. or losing a H2H and you have 5 threads talking shit.

Since January he's been incredible but on the year he's had as many bad games as the players I listed. I mean he shot 36 percent and 33 percent back to back vs Denver and OKC. I don't recall seeing 5 threads bashing him after those games.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

My thoughts exactly. This is only bothering the OP because of Parker vs Chris Paul.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    definitely an anomaly in that sense of not being able to guard players at his own position yet being able to guard faster, smaller players.
    I suppose his length makes players have to unwillingly arc their shot even more when he challenges a shot due to his size and length. Still, doesn't explain why they don't just marginalize that success by taking him off the dribble. And, the times Parker did (at least from the plays I saw) he was unsuccessful. Just weird stuff.

Anyway, I literally never have and likely never will again agree with the utter vomit induced garbage Bill Simmons formulates into "analytical opinion," but when he said that certain people (Chuck) need to calm that Tony Parker for MVP shit down, I couldn't help but agree. Tony Parker may be playing sensational (for HIS standards) and the Spurs may be the kings of the court at the moment. But please don't try to sell me oxygen. Tony Parker isn't having a better season than Lebron or Durant. So why even start that nonsense? GTFOH please. Give him a spot on the 1st Team NBA if you want (though I certainly have CP3 and Kobe in at the guards spots), but MVP?

What type of hypebeast bullshit is that?