Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Casual NBA fans

Default Re: Casual NBA fans

My roommate said Shaq was the laughingstock of the league when he played because of free throw shooting.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    I also talked with my Grand-dad (on my dad's side) and 2 of his friends....Basically, they agreed that Oscar was the greatest and said Wilt would be a close 2nd. Two of them (1 being my Grand dad) called Jordan overrated media darling who just shot the ball alot, they preferred Magic and Bird. They also only like LeBron's and Chris Paul's game in today's league, they dislike Kobe because he snitched on Shaq and he's just Like Jordan, a chucker.

Funny stuff.

Lol my grand dad thinks Jerry West is GOAT and Kobe is second. Biggest Laker stan I've ever seen apart from myself and my cousins

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

I mean Jammmer I'd laugh in your face too if you were trying to tell me about who was the best player in the 2000s and I knew you were born in 1998.

Which means you were prolly around 3 years old when Kobe won his 3rd title, were still in your fathers sack when Iverson crossed Jordan and was barely out of Diapers when Jordan joined the Wizards.

Lets be real, the youngest version of Kobe you've ever seen on live TV was a 2008 on the decline Kobe. And even then at 10 I think it's hard to appreciate what you're watching when it comes to basketball.

So when it comes to AI, there's a good chance you never saw this dude play outside of the Pistons. And I'm not sayin he's better than Lebron, Shaq or Duncan but you shouldn't brush of a legend like AI when youve never seen the legend that is AI

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    I mean Jammmer I'd laugh in your face too if you were trying to tell me about who was the best player in the 2000s and I knew you were born in 1998.

Which means you were prolly around 3 years old when Kobe won his 3rd title, were still in your fathers sack when Iverson crossed Jordan and was barely out of Diapers when Jordan joined the Wizards.

Lets be real, the youngest version of Kobe you've ever seen on live TV was a 2008 on the decline Kobe. And even then at 10 I think it's hard to appreciate what you're watching when it comes to basketball.

So when it comes to AI, there's a good chance you never saw this dude play outside of the Pistons. And I'm not sayin he's better than Lebron, Shaq or Duncan but you shouldn't brush of a legend like AI when youve never seen the legend that is AI
    dat ether

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

i've seen kobe at his best. lebron is better. no i didn't see ai at his best but if you argue that he's better than those ACTUAL LEGENDS than something is wrong with you. and i like ai.

One of my good buddies thinks that Stephen Curry is better than peak Kobe AND has the potential to be GOAT . Not only that, but he really thinks Pau Gasol is the worst player in the league (srs).

It's ugly ass B.Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    i've seen kobe at his best. lebron is better. no i didn't see ai at his best but if you argue that he's better than those ACTUAL LEGENDS than something is wrong with you. and i like ai.
    You've seen Kobe at his best

at age 10

Lmfao dude I mean at least I was 12 by the time Kobe started winning titles, and I still haven't been talking like I know s.hit until I rewatched those playoffs despite being a diehard LA stan and having watched all of those games live

At that age you really don't understand what's going on on the court. Most future NBA players themselves usually don't, until they're like 14-15 years old. No shame in admitting that

Quote Originally Posted by Element

at age 10

Lmfao dude I mean at least I was 12 by the time Kobe started winning titles, and I still haven't been talking like I know s.hit until I rewatched those playoffs despite being a diehard LA stan and having watched all of those games live

At that age you really don't understand what's going on on the court. Most future NBA players themselves usually don't, until they're like 14-15 years old. No shame in admitting that
    I was 14 when kobe won his first ring tho

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    You never took the journey. You didn't watch Kobe play every game, & his greatness doesn't show on paper. People have stated that Lebron is slightly better athleticism-wise, but as a basketball player? KOBE. But people tend to forget how athletic Kobe was back in his prime... Let's just say he was the 'ball' (literally) every time Magic Johnson would pass it.

No matter how you try to spin the world around & around, twist every word there are ... Jordan is the greatest ever, though. & that's coming from a Laker fan, & a Lamar Odom fan (No crack jokes, you losers.)

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    Jameer, you forgot to switch accounts.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    I don't even really remember the 02 playoffs anymore except for the Spurs and Kings series. I need to rewatch those lol. Way too busy getting into puberty and s.hit

Home of the 16

I was 7 when Kobe won his first title.

Quote Originally Posted by Element

at age 10

This is true, I'm 18 now, and have watched basketball since I was around 13, and you really don't start forming your own opinion and being able to really analyze what is going on until your around 15 maybe 16. Before then, your just listening to other peoples opinions and riding off that.

The opinions of actual people in real life about basketball are much more varied than on basketball boards, where you almost have a consensus top 10 no one dares question... and it doesn't mean that they have no basis, 'casual' fans often make great points that 'experts' miss and remind you that it's all a question of opinion, not facts.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Jameer, you forgot to switch accounts.
    I'm definitely not Fresh Kid.

Anyways I've been posting on ISH since I was 12. I was able to analyze the game enough to understand.