Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Who can be prime Shaq in 1v1 pickup?

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Alternate, no FTs. If you get fouled you get the ball back.
    If you have 3s he could easily lose to a guard. As it is there are several players with whom you can create a match-up where neither Shaq nor the opponent has any chance to stop the other guy on D.

I say curry, or any fast guard that is consistent from 3. If show guarded curry out to the 3, curry can just blow past him.

National High School Star

Lol at Wilt and all these other just ridiculous answers. Shaq was pwning Jordan with ease and some stiff dribbling clown like Wilt would beat a young hungry Shaqtus one on one? Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwgNLW9ASQ

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Wilt

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    That wasn't a serious effort by either guy.

If no free throws and no two point shots, then Wilt and Yao are the only human beings to have ever lived that might win.

Only Shaq can be Shaq.

Curry would beat him. Shaq would score any time he wanted to, as would Curry.
    But Curry would get to smoke him from 3.

Hakeem

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
    Lebron James.
    Lebron will not be able to flop in the pick up game and Shaq will probably dare Lebron to shoot too.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

I will say Tim Duncan has a very good shot. He can hold his own against Shaq in the post and he has the outside jumper to keep Shaq honest on defense. Duncan's jab step is deceptively quick too.

I dont think he can beat Shaq consistently but Timmy can definitely win a best out of 5.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
    Shaq beats Lebron in:

Size
    Postplay

Lebron beats Shaq in:

Speed
    Handles
    Shooting
    Driving
    Court vision
    Freethrows

They are equal in:

Strength
    Athleticism
    Toughness

It's a VERY close battle between Lebron and Shaq 1v1.
    Yeah I'd give the edge to LeBron 1v1 because of his court vision...

Quote Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
    I will say Tim Duncan has a very good shot. He can hold his own against Shaq in the post and he has the outside jumper to keep Shaq honest on defense. Duncan's jab step is deceptively quick too.

I dont think he can beat Shaq consistently but Timmy can definitely win a best out of 5.
    this, timmy is definitely also in the group

Quote Originally Posted by FaceBack
    Yeah I'd give the edge to LeBron 1v1 because of his court vision...
    lol bro. He'll be able to see angles and openings that others won't be able to. He'll be able to see if there's a puddle on the court or something that could make shaq slip.[COLOR="White"]lmao[/COLOR]

Bigs who would (somewhat) stand a chance would be (some more than others obviously):

> Wilt - matches Shaq in size and athleticism, and he has the skill despite what some may say; he can do it on both "sides"
    > younger Kareem - really tall and long, very athletic, lots of skill, can post-up, faceup and drive, has the skyhook; his best asset to stop Shaq would be height and length but Shaq would bully him down low, it's most likely one of those cases where no man would stop the other
    > Hakeem - Dream did great against an younger Shaq, they never went h2h at their peak though.. peak Shaq was even a better monster, so he would most likely take it most of the time, Hakeem would win some times though
    > peak Bob McAdoo - he was somewhat of a liability against big centers, Shaq would completely abuse him but it was hell to try and stop Mac from scoring, he was long with lots of athleticism, could shoot lights out even in players' mugs, could drive and post-up too
    > peak Barkley - strong as a bull and big, despite his height he could post-up taller players, really athletic and could handle the ball, would be hard to stop if his shot was falling; wouldn't be able to do a damn thing to stop Shaq though... similar stuff can be said for Karl Malone
    > D-Rob - athletic freak, about the same height, great scorer, great defensive player, clearly better shooter, can't see him winning though and he would shy in big moments
    > peak Tom Chambers - tall, big, very athletic and mobile, could put it on the floor and drive, had a good outside game, also post-up; similar to Barkley, could give problems to Shaq while with the ball but wouldn't do be able to do anything while guarding Diesel
    > Dirk - he was not as athletic as a Charles Barkley or a Tom Chamers but one of the GOAT shooters, really tall and he can handle the ball, was not even close to being a stiff, especially while younger; of course he's another one that wouldn't stand a chance on defense

For the rest, it has to be a quick half-court player that can shoot, with a good first-step, and who's great at handling the ball, plus of course the shot has to be falling. I'm thinking of dudes like Jordan, Maravich, Curry, AI, Isiah, young Kobe, David Thompson, pre-injury CP3, and a few others.

And with all that said, I would still pick prime Shaq over anybody.

This is just for kicks though because basketball is 5on5. Still Shaq had a top5 peak, regardless.