Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Most skilled big man ever?

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Skills in the post wise, u nailed it all the way! Those are the top four guys in my book. When u talk about bigs who are great defenders, great passers, great scorers, and great rebounders in one, u have guys like Duncan, Kareem, Hakeem, Wilt, KG, and The Admiral that u can include. In terms of total versatility on both sides of the ball, I think KG is number one. In terms of offensive versatility strictly, I would say Barkley, Webber, and KG are the best bigs. All had great scoring skillsets and were great passers to go with great handles for bigs. Guys like Derrick Coleman and Larry Johnson had these kind of goods if they could have stayed healthy. In terms of most uniquely skilled scoring skillset, I will give nod to Dirk. So there are many ways u can break it down.
    This.

Only one left out is Bob McAdoo. He had Dirk's range, even better accuracy, with a real good handle, and great foot movement. One of the few players to ever hit the 34ppg mark and frequently outscore Kareem in his prime.

Another guy that was almost there was the guy who got picked before Len Bias. He was similar to Duncan but played a deeper post game but couldn't stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Kevin love making his case for top-10
    on pace to hit the most 3's ever in a season for a big man
    **** off this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    This.

Only one left out is Bob McAdoo. He had Dirk's range, even better accuracy, with a real good handle, and great foot movement. One of the few players to ever hit the 34ppg mark and frequently outscore Kareem in his prime.

Another guy that was almost there was the guy who got picked before Len Bias. He was similar to Duncan but played a deeper post game but couldn't stay healthy.
    Yep I forgot McAdoo good observation! He certainly fits the bill and then some!

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

No Mention?