Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3845464748
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Rewards of the tank:2014 off-season!

Jody Genessy: The Utah Jazz made it official that Mehmet Okur will act as a team ambassador. Jazz president Randy Rigby: "Memo is an ideal fit for us." Twitter @DJJazzyJody

[QUOTE]2. Gordon Hayward will be a new player now that he isn

[QUOTE]Despite being the third overall pick in the 2011 draft, Kanter has never been able to eclipse the likes of Derrick Favors, Gordon Hayward and Trey Burke when it came to being the focal point of the team

A few days ago at HoopsHabit D'Joumbarey A. Moreau broke it all down and asks if Derrick Favors is the next Kwame Brown. Brilliant work. No really. It's a positive piece that has an eye grabbing headline. Solid points are made that other bigs from the same draft class have NBA niches already (DeMarcus Cousins is an All-Around talent, Larry Sanders great on defense, Greg Monroe is a legit back to the basket scorer, etc). Favors does not display any one generalized talent (besides, I guess, having played his entire career under bad coaches). Here's an excerpt:

What Favors can do though is use his ability to help create one of the best front courts in the NBA with his fellow rim protector center Enes Kanter. The way the Jazz are using Favors though is as an essential role player on a very productive winning team. Though their lineups have not translated into wins yet, the talent is there and they need better coaching (Counting on you, Quin Snyder).

A lot of people see Favors as one of the cornerstones of the franchise but that is something that is hard pressed for my eyes.

- D'Joumbarey A. Moreau, Hoops Habit / Fansided, 2014
    Hard to argue with that. Kwame was a better defender than Favors has proven to be though.

Enes Kanter isn't much of a rim protector, but hey, I don't write for FanSided. And I'm not a national writer, I focus on mainly the Western Conference and in that the Jazz. So my eyes may see different things than Mr. Moreau's eyes do. Check it out, it's a good read. And for the record, the article asks questions. Questions that Derrick Favors has to answer with his play on the court.
    Exactly! Favors has a lot to prove yet.

Rudy needs to play at least 20 mpg this year, and in 75 games. The only thing that can stop him . . . is the bigman rotation set up by the Jazz coaches.
    Makes more sense to have him playing 35 in Idaho if he isn't ready for the NBA nightly which he still has to prove.

Aaron Falk: Dennis Lindsey says the Jazz have opened extension talks with both Alec Burks and Enes Kanter. Twitter @tribjazz