Default Cavs resign Daniel Gibson

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/200..._to_5year.html

This isn't new news, but hasn't been discussed in the Cavaliers forum yet.

Thoughts?

I am afraid that Gibson is going to become the next Damon Jones. He is a deadly shooter, but can he stay healthy? Can he make others better at that backup PG spot? He needs to add some components to his game. I think it's a decent contract, though.

NBA Finals

Default Re: Cavs resign Daniel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/200..._to_5year.html

This isn't new news, but hasn't been discussed in the Cavaliers forum yet.

Thoughts?

I am afraid that Gibson is going to become the next Damon Jones. He is a deadly shooter, but can he stay healthy? Can he make others better at that backup PG spot? He needs to add some components to his game. I think it's a decent contract, though.
    Gibson's health isnt really a concern. He suffered the first injury of his career vs. Indiana. And i believe he isnt gonna be like Damon Jones. Like i said before, he's gonna have to learn to run the point because he's too small to be a SG.

He's shown some improvement since his rookie year.

[COLOR="Red"]06-07 Season:4.6 PPG--0.4spg--1.2apg--1.5rpg--41% from 3--42% FG[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]07-08 Season:10.4 ppg--0.8spg--2.5apg--2.3rpg--44% from 3--43% FG[/COLOR]

I think he'll be a decent pg for someone who got drafted in the second round

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    Gibson's health isnt really a concern. He suffered the first injury of his career vs. Indiana. And i believe he isnt gonna be like Damon Jones. Like i said before, he's gonna have to learn to run the point because he's too small to be a SG.
    You have no proof to backup either of these statements. Gibson is of very slim build, and has been overpowered by stronger guards already since he came into the league. He needs to improve his conditioning. He was injured much of last year.

He's shown some improvement since his rookie year.

[COLOR="Red"]06-07 Season:4.6 PPG--0.4spg--1.2apg--1.5rpg--41% from 3--42% FG[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]07-08 Season:10.4 ppg--0.8spg--2.5apg--2.3rpg--44% from 3--43% FG[/COLOR]
    He's also shown a lot of inconsistency.

I think he'll be a decent pg for someone who got drafted in the second round confusedshrug:
    <shrug> He was rated as early as #10 overall. It was a no-brainer when he fell to the Cavs. I don't know why so many teams passed over him in the first place, unless it was his slim build in the first place. Although the kid DID come out far too early. But they all do nowadays.

I feel Gibson is more valuable as trade bait. He's a great kid, a pretty good shooter, and maybe he'll be a good PG in this league someday, but we don't have time to develop players, and what is M. Brown going to teach him about running an offense? This kid is one of the few players on our roster worth something in a trade, and I'd take advantage of it.

Package him with a #1 draft pick, maybe even with Andy, and bring in a perimeter player that can create his own shot and hit his jumpers consistently.

Mathius

I'm glad they resigned him. In the matter of his inconsistent shooting...he's by far the Cavs best outside shooter off the bench. And not resigning him I think would've hurt the Cavs trying to keep LeBron when his free agent year comes about since he's expressed his liking of Gibson.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    You have no proof to backup either of these statements.
    Well, jones is a spot up shooter, but gibson was actually trying to create off the dribble before his injury.

around 5 million per year

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    Well, jones is a spot up shooter, but gibson was actually trying to create off the dribble before his injury.
    Damon Jones wasn't always a spot up shooter either, and that doesn't mean Gibson will be successful as a penetrator. If he's a bad penetrator but keeps trying, that makes him worse than Jones. At least Jones plays within his limitations.

Mathius

ive always thought gibson had way more potential then gibson but this last injury has me wondering

Saw a basketball once

Cool!

do it Gilbert!

Cavaliersftw, you trolled me.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Cavaliersftw, you trolled me.