Page 1 of 166 12341151101 ... LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default NBA General Discussions | Lakers Trade Ideas/FA Discussions

For new comers, read the post dates, please. Thank you. -$LG

Some quick thoughts on posts..
    When discussing or making a suggestion on a possible Laker move look at the CBA and if the trade is even possible, look at the players contracts and look at the Lakers cap situation...
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 04-21-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

I don't want any trades. This team is good enough as it is. I know we got beat but hey thats cos we didn't apply ourselves to the game. This team will be steller next year and I hope everybody realises this!!!

Having said that I wouldn't be adverse to losing Vladi if we could trade him for..well i duno really. What do we need? post defense possibly but I dunno who we could get and my knowledge of other players is limited.

I don't think we need to break apart this team, I mean who would of thought we would have got this far! Yeah it sucks losing to the C's, but we just got look at this as a growing experience.

That said, we keep our core intact and try to add some vets that can hit a open jumper and play d.

Learning to shoot layups

We need 1 or 2 guys with some heart that can play D. Radmanovich, Sasha and Walton couldnt guard their lunch. I can't believe we are wasting money with Walton.

Players I want.

Royal Ivey
    Kelena Azabizuke
    Quinton Ross
    James Posey
    Matt Barness
    Antonio McDyess
    DeSagana Diop
    Francisco Elson
    Brendon Haywood

Those are just FA's. One player I have my eyes on and I really want is Reggie Evans from the Sixers.
    Artest is my first preference. Not sure about that happening though....
    However, those are some guys I'd want.

What do you guys think about Lamar Odom for Marion? I think Odom is a good fit in Miami andhe had arguably his best season with Wade his rookie year. Plus Marion fills much of our needs. Outside shoointg, slashings, moving w/o the ball, and on-ball defense. Only issue is how much extension would he ask for

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    What do you guys think about Lamar Odom for Marion? I think Odom is a good fit in Miami andhe had arguably his best season with Wade his rookie year. Plus Marion fills much of our needs. Outside shoointg, slashings, moving w/o the ball, and on-ball defense. Only issue is how much extension would he ask for
    it would probably be a sign and trade deal i'm assuming although with both guys expiring next year it wouldn't have to be if all the parties agree ( marion not opting out would void his trade restriction)...
    Last edited by gts; 06-18-2008 at 03:11 PM.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

I think mgmt will try Odom at the full-time 3 for the 1st half of the season. If he performs well, he will stay with the Lakers. If not, he is trade bait. Imo, he greatest asset is his rebounding ability. When he moves to the 3, that asset will be greatly reduced (Bynum and Gasol will be getting the boards).
    If he is smart, if he wants to stay with the Lakers, he better work on his outside shooting touch...and work hard. Otherwise, Matrix, Artest, etc. will become mgmt targets.

Everyone else will stay. They will re-sign Sasha and Turiaf, imo.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    I think mgmt will try Odom at the full-time 3 for the 1st half of the season. If he performs well, he will stay with the Lakers. If not, he is trade bait. Imo, he greatest asset is his rebounding ability. When he moves to the 3, that asset will be greatly reduced (Bynum and Gasol will be getting the boards).
    If he is smart, if he wants to stay with the Lakers, he better work on his outside shooting touch...and work hard. Otherwise, Matrix, Artest, etc. will become mgmt targets.

I will also add that he better find his right hand as well!

i'm intrigued by the prospect of our rebounding next year if lamar plays sf

however, he will take up space without an outside shot...what to do!?!

i was thinking trade lamar to the raptors for bargnani, a seven footer who can shoot the three and play sf.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo

I think at this point, lamar is who he is going to be, and I cant see a consistent jumper developing at this stage of his career. He can improve it a bit, but he is what he is. Same goes with his right hand finish (as socalmike stated). If he wanted to develop those attributes, I htink he wouldve done it already or we would have seen some improvement. We wouldnt lose much rebounding bc Marion is a phenomenal rebounder for his size and has a knack for loose balls.

Marions biggest help would be on defense and 3-point shooting, which would be huge for us

Posted this in the main forum

Odom for Richard Jefferson

Nets have lacked a legit big man since Kmart left town and I think with Odoms size and skillset, he would do well with VC and Harris. Esp. in the east.

Jefferson helps us out because he is a decent defender, good all around scorer, and a nautral small forward. He has the ability to pass and is not a bad rebounder for his size

Still think Marion is best fit though

Posted this in the main forum

Odom for Richard Jefferson

Nets have lacked a legit big man since Kmart left town and I think with Odoms size and skillset, he would do well with VC and Harris. Esp. in the east.

Jefferson helps us out because he is a decent defender, good all around scorer, and a nautral small forward. He has the ability to pass and is not a bad rebounder for his size

Still think Marion is best fit though

i would like marion more than jefferson. i feel like jefferson has been good with jason kidd, but might not play as well in a structured half court offense as the fourth or fifth option.

marion or bargnani is my hope

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    i would like marion more than jefferson. i feel like jefferson has been good with jason kidd, but might not play as well in a structured half court offense as the fourth or fifth option.

marion or bargnani is my hope
    Jefferson played pretty well last season. Decent stats, decent game all around.

I dont know about Bargs. We already have Vlad who plays similar. Although there is the potential factor in Bargnani. But as of now, he is purely a jump shooter. I think he needs to add to his game if he wants to take it to the next level.

But yes, I would love marion in a Laker uniform

Local High School Star Kobe=MVP07`'s Avatar

I know GTS hates Artest but..

Artest clearly said he may opt out and he would recive the full MLE for 4-5 years [5.6 mill]

artest can be a top 15 player, it is incredibly cheep and NO way would he ruin his chance to stay in LA

Fish
    Kobe
    Artest
    LO
    Bynum

Pau [first off the bench for the 3,4,5]
    Farmar/sasha for fish/kobe
    Ariza/vlad/luke/ronny =phil will figure out

if you have a problem with this then bench lamar or bynum for gasol...