Page 1 of 48 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Rewards of the tank:2014 off-season!

I guess first we'll get confirmation in the next few days Ty is gone. I'd think having a new coach and staff in place before the draft would be ideal but it probably depends on if there are any candidates they want still in the playoffs.

Second, May 20th the lottery. We'll see how lucky they are this time around. I'd say they're due.

Third, end of June will be the draft. Hard to predict after all the moves Lindsey pulled off last year.

Fourth, July 1st free agency begins. Jazz have most of their roster to fill but obviously G will be first priority. Don't over pay! Frontload it if you have to. Next they need a veteran pg to mentor Burke and possibly Neto or someone else. Tomic's buyout is doable now I believe. Not sure the Jazz have a place for him now but he could be a trade piece if he wants to come over. Seems like the time for him to come. He's at the top of the Euroleague the past two years.

Fifth, Vegas Summer League. Hopefully Neto and Burke and the Stocktons can go at each other. Gobert, Garrett, Clark, Thomas and Murphy should be there with the draft picks

Sixth, Kanter and Burke extensions. Kanter appears to be gone but I could still see signing him for the right price. Hopefully Burks they can put away.

Seventh, back to fall camp!
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 04-17-2014 at 02:19 AM.

Default Re: Rewards of the tank:2014 off-season!

Josh Gershon: New Mexico State sophomore center Sim Bhullar is entering the NBA Draft, per a source. Twitter
    undrafted

Arizona State guard and two-time All-Pac-12 First Team selection Jahii Carson as expected will forgo his final two years of NCAA eligibility and enter the 2014 NBA Draft. The 2013 Pac-12 Co-Freshman of the Year averaged 18.6 points, 4.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds in his sophomore season, leading the Sun Devils to a 21-12 mark and its first NCAA appearance since 2009, as well as its best home record (16-1) in 40 seasons. Carson averaged 18.5 points and 5.1 assists in 2012-13, the first freshman to do that since Chris McGuthrie of Mount St. Mary's in 1992-93 (19.8/.5.1). Arizona State Sun Devils
    early mid 2nd

By virtue of Utah's win and Boston's season-ending loss to Washington, the Jazz and Celtics finished tied for the fourth-worst record in the league at 25-57.

This means Utah and Boston will split their lottery chances, resulting in each team having a 10.35 percent chance of winning the No. 1 pick and a 33.5 percent chance of finishing in the top three.

Losing to the T-Wolves would've given the Jazz sole possession of the fourth-worst record along with 11.9 percent odds of the top spot and a 37.8 percent chance of grabbing a top-three selection.

Also, by tying for fourth, the Jazz now only have a 69 percent probability of a top-five pick rather than 82.7 percent for being alone in 27th place overall.

The NBA will conduct a random drawing before the May 20 lottery to determine whether the Jazz or Celtics will be in the fourth or fifth positions, which will come into play if neither wins a top-three pick.

The NBA draft takes place on June 26.

EMAIL: jody@desnews.com

TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
    I guess that drawing decides who picks first in the 2nd round too? That's an early 2nd. Could get someone pretty good there too.

Jabari Parker: Today I sent my letter of intent to the NBA. That makes it official -- my days as a Duke basketball player are over. But my days as a Duke student are not. I intend to graduate from Duke while I'm in the NBA. I was an honor student when I arrived at Duke, and I'd like to graduate as one. SI.com
    got to believe the Jazz would have a hard time passing on the best mormon player ever with mormon owners and a fanbase that is more than half mormon if they have the chance

Misko Raznatovic: Nemanja Dangubic, SG from Serbian team, Mega Vizura, 93, declared himself for upcoming draft. He had excellent game last night vs Red star. Twitter
    #7 international prospect. not sure where that puts him on the big board?

[QUOTE]Sophomore Caris LeVert, whose scoring average jumped 10.6 points to 12.9 this season, said that he submitted his name to the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Council to evaluate his potential in the NBA draft. But LeVert said that he was only getting information and will not leave Michigan after his sophomore season.

[QUOTE]Rudy Gobert

[QUOTE]the team hit some kind of wall around March 1.

Gordon Hayward cited "mental fatigue" as the cause, besides giving credit to the other teams.

"A lot of guys haven

Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin dismissed questions about his future Thursday, when the team held its annual end-of-the-season meetings at EnergySolutions Arena.

"We’ll sit down in the future," Corbin said, when asked if he has met with general manager Dennis Lindsey. "We’ve got to talk to the guys [today]. We’ll have a schedule going forward."

Asked if he felt he would be offered a new contract for next season and beyond, Corbin said, "I always feel I’m going to be where I am."

On Thursday morning, The Salt Lake Tribune learned that Corbin’s future could be decided by this weekend.

The Jazz finished 25-57 this season, which began with a gutting of the roster and commitment to playing Utah’s young foundation — a group that includes Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Alec Burks and rookie point guard Trey Burke.

"Anything can happen in this league," Corbin said. "I’ve been in it a long time. You want to have a fair shake and you want the best opportunity to win.

"The organization just decided to go in a different direction from the guys we had before. I knew it would be difficult. No way when you change the roster like we did it is good for the coaching staff, especially in the last year of your contract."

Like any coach of a lottery team — rebuilding or otherwise — Corbin received outside criticism for the job he did in his third full season as Utah’s head coach.

He shrugged it off, saying, "Misery loves company. There are a lot of miserable people out there — people that just like to focus on the negative."
    I'm sure it's already been decided. Will be official soon. He never had a fair shake.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 04-17-2014 at 03:47 PM.

[QUOTE]Jazz forward Marvin Williams has talked of his happiness and his desire to stay in Utah as a veteran in the rebuilding process.

The former star out of North Carolina didn

[QUOTE]John Lucas III saw his playing time dry up as the season wore on.

The journeyman point guard said he understands the Jazz wanted to go young. Could the Jazz cut ties with him altogether?

"To me, I never look at it like that," he said. "I

[QUOTE]As he waited for his exit interview Thursday, Hayward was also vague on what might await him this summer as an unrestricted free agent.
    At least one teammate believes he

[QUOTE]"Even if you draft a kid, he

Given the circumstances, Hayward believes Corbin did a good job.
    "He was in a tough spot

[QUOTE]"I think it