Page 156 of 166 FirstFirst ... 56106146153154155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2487

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    At least Lakers have drafted very well 2 years in a row. Mykaliuh (sp) is also a steal from what I have seen from him thus far. I hope he can take the Kapono/Ellington/Kerr role off the bench. We badly need a couple shooters off bench.

It's the couple personnel issues that have left me confused.
    I spotted Mykhailiuk in the NCAA tournament. This guy can really shoot and envisioned him finding a spot in the NBA because of that recent success of this template of drafting 20-21yr olds-low ceiling but high floor guys who can fulfill roles more faster instead of gambling on unknown ones. Bucks with Brogdon while Lakers get Josh Hart. I thought tho Magic will use that formula for a backup PG like Jalen Brunson but I guess he already had his eyes on Rondo.

NBA lottery pick

Hart has been pretty impressive in summer league thus far. It seems like he's improved. He'll definitely make a case to be part of the rotation, even on a team with so many wing players now.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Hart has been pretty impressive in summer league thus far. It seems like he's improved. He'll definitely make a case to be part of the rotation, even on a team with so many wing players now.
    Yeah tbh, I believe he can provide minutes at 1, 2 and 3.. That's huge all things considered.

Maybe not extended minutes at 1, but LeBron addition makes it possible to put Hart at the 1 if god forbid Lonzo or Rondo have some sort of injury. Hart can obviously defend point-guards and offensively, LeBron (or even Ingram) can run point. As far as 3 is concerned, we have tons of depth there so we won't need to put Hart there, but I think he can do it for short periods. I'm so glad we moved Clarkson and gave the keys to Hart - Hart is vastly better than Clarkson across the board.

This also makes Ingram or Kuzma expendable if a Kawhi deal ends up on the table. Maybe Spurs will want Hart and we could hold onto either Ingram or Kuzma?? Many possibilities..

NBA lottery pick

It would be interesting if they showcased Hart so they gave him a bunch of minutes and he played well. That is if the trade talks hold off until the season starts.

It would be interesting if they showcased Hart so they gave him a bunch of minutes and he played well. That is if the trade talks hold off until the season starts.
    OMG, what do they have against good character, perimeter shooting guys who are smart and just do their work and not create drama. They get Shaqtin fool McGhee, Lance and Rondo and they get rid of Brook Lopez and now they will trade Josh?
    The irony is that I really think Hart will actually flourish alongside Lebron, Ball and Rondo bec of his ability to shoot. The player that might struggle is Ingram who operates best with the ball in his hands.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    OMG, what do they have against good character, perimeter shooting guys who are smart and just do their work and not create drama. They get Shaqtin fool McGhee, Lance and Rondo and they get rid of Brook Lopez and now they will trade Josh?
    The irony is that I really think Hart will actually flourish alongside Lebron, Ball and Rondo bec of his ability to shoot. The player that might struggle is Ingram who operates best with the ball in his hands.
    In order to trade for Kawhi they are going to have to give up a good piece (or pieces...). If Hart emerged as a big time player this season then maybe it would be centered around him. I doubt Hart comes out that strong out of the gate so it's really a long shot anyhow. Just saying, he looked really good in summer league. Hopefully he keeps it going.

In order to trade for Kawhi they are going to have to give up a good piece (or pieces...). If Hart emerged as a big time player this season then maybe it would be centered around him. I doubt Hart comes out that strong out of the gate so it's really a long shot anyhow. Just saying, he looked really good in summer league. Hopefully he keeps it going.
    The longer Spurs wait to trade Kawhi as they get closer to start of regular season, the less leverage they have. I think their best bet is to trade him before regular season begins. They need to show Kawhi can still ball so they want to try to showcase Kawhi in training camp + preseason to build up his value.

The more I think about it, do Spurs even want it festering going into training camp? Media bombarding every coach and player with Kawhi question. It's just needless distraction. Perhaps they should trade Kawhi before training camp.. Training camp is September 22nd. But they wouldn't be able to showcase Kawhi so perhaps they wait until preseason but definitely not into regular season.

NBA lottery pick

I think if he gets traded before the season he goes to Philly or maybe even Toronto. Outside of that I don't see it happening.

I think if he gets traded before the season he goes to Philly or maybe even Toronto. Outside of that I don't see it happening.
    cbs sports says odds favor Toronto get get Kawhi.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/k...-to-oddsmaker/
    I strongly believe Toronto should have hit the reset button 2 years ago.
    Per Sports radio, De Rozan has removed all pics related to the Raptors from his social media like instagram.
    If this will happen, What are the chances of Kawhi staying in a cold lonely city where the chances of beating the Celtics and Phillie are very slim?
    Not a few are pushing to trade Ingram for Kawhi esp Steve Mason of 710 AM sports radio. I really think guys like him didn't watch and pay close attention to a lot of Lakers games last year, not fully knowing the improvement of Brandon from 2 yrs ago.
    On the other hand, Doris Burke was really opposed to this idea explaining that Ingram would be very special in the coming few years.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not looking too hard into Derozan deleting his Instagram. I do think if they trade Kawhi there that he doesn't resign. Why give up Ingram or Kuzma to get him right now in that case? Ingram has arguably better stats than Kawhi did in his 2nd season and he was younger. We obviously missed out on PG. But there could be a similiar lineup with Ingram, James, and Kawhi next season. Plus they might still be able to make room for one of those other big time free agents somehow. I agree with what Magic and Pelinka are doing right now. They're not going to make a Melo to the Knicks kind of trade that guts the team. I'm definitely not for sending all the young guys and a draft pick. I could live with sending one of them, knowing that it's more of a win now situation. There's still a part of me that wants to see them play in the season to see how much they've grown before they pull the trigger on that though. Lebron obviously liked the young guys here and thought highly enough of them that he signed here.

I'm not looking too hard into Derozan deleting his Instagram. I do think if they trade Kawhi there that he doesn't resign. Why give up Ingram or Kuzma to get him right now in that case? Ingram has arguably better stats than Kawhi did in his 2nd season and he was younger. We obviously missed out on PG. But there could be a similiar lineup with Ingram, James, and Kawhi next season. Plus they might still be able to make room for one of those other big time free agents somehow. I agree with what Magic and Pelinka are doing right now. They're not going to make a Melo to the Knicks kind of trade that guts the team. I'm definitely not for sending all the young guys and a draft pick. I could live with sending one of them, knowing that it's more of a win now situation. There's still a part of me that wants to see them play in the season to see how much they've grown before they pull the trigger on that though. Lebron obviously liked the young guys here and thought highly enough of them that he signed here.
    That's true.. We don't need Kawhi right now while giving up all of our assets.

Lakers can stretch out Deng's final year OR trade Deng's contract next summer when he would enter expiring year of deal. Someone will absorb his expiring contract ala Nets sucking in Denver's salaries just yesterday. Both options equate to leaving enough money to add a 2nd max deal next summer. There's a reason Lakers signed only 1yr deals. They even let Randle go because he wouldn't take a 1yr deal.

They are going all in to bringing in another star in his prime next summer and becoming title contenders. That star does not have to be a Kawhi..

Who is available next summer?
    -Kawhi,
    -Klay,
    -Butler (if Twolves can't agree to deal ala Capela with Houston),
    -Marc Gasol (if he opts out),
    -Kemba,
    -Anthony-Towns (if Twolves can't agree to deal ala Capela with Houston),
    -Cousins

I am vehemently opposed to adding a Kemba Walker for max unless if Lonzo doesn't improve this season or continues to be injury-prone. I don't expect Towns to go anywhere. But all of the others are open game. We don't need to give up Ingram or Kuzma or Hart or Wagner or Lonzo to get any of them..

We can still try hard to acquire Kawhi next summer by offering him max. He has zero reason to opt-in next summer because he signed under the old CBA. Whoever trades for him is risking everything.

Also, lets say the team who trades for him resigns him ala PG13 - is the difference between Kawhi and Klay worth giving up Ingram and/or Kuzma and/or Hart right now? I don't believe so. Yes, Kawhi is better player overall than Klay across the board except for 3pt shooting but not so far ahead that it would be worth giving up our depth. We don't want to end up with a shallow lineup like Houston. They were tired in games 6 and 7 versus GoldenState after getting gassed running 7-men lineups for several games..

Svi Mykhailiuk

Hart attack: untouchable

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    Svi Mykhailiuk

Hart attack: untouchable
    Good article on Hart's summer league here.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/magic-laker...3868--spt.html

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    That's true.. We don't need Kawhi right now while giving up all of our assets.

Lakers can stretch out Deng's final year OR trade Deng's contract next summer when he would enter expiring year of deal. Someone will absorb his expiring contract ala Nets sucking in Denver's salaries just yesterday. Both options equate to leaving enough money to add a 2nd max deal next summer. There's a reason Lakers signed only 1yr deals. They even let Randle go because he wouldn't take a 1yr deal.

They are going all in to bringing in another star in his prime next summer and becoming title contenders. That star does not have to be a Kawhi..

Who is available next summer?
    -Kawhi,
    -Klay,
    -Butler (if Twolves can't agree to deal ala Capela with Houston),
    -Marc Gasol (if he opts out),
    -Kemba,
    -Anthony-Towns (if Twolves can't agree to deal ala Capela with Houston),
    -Cousins

I am vehemently opposed to adding a Kemba Walker for max unless if Lonzo doesn't improve this season or continues to be injury-prone. I don't expect Towns to go anywhere. But all of the others are open game. We don't need to give up Ingram or Kuzma or Hart or Wagner or Lonzo to get any of them..

We can still try hard to acquire Kawhi next summer by offering him max. He has zero reason to opt-in next summer because he signed under the old CBA. Whoever trades for him is risking everything.

Also, lets say the team who trades for him resigns him ala PG13 - is the difference between Kawhi and Klay worth giving up Ingram and/or Kuzma and/or Hart right now? I don't believe so. Yes, Kawhi is better player overall than Klay across the board except for 3pt shooting but not so far ahead that it would be worth giving up our depth. We don't want to end up with a shallow lineup like Houston. They were tired in games 6 and 7 versus GoldenState after getting gassed running 7-men lineups for several games..
    My thoughts too. One option I was thinking of is Jimmy Butler. It's already been reported that he doesn't like playing in Minnesota. He's more competitive than KAT and cares more about winning. There was a whole report on how he wanted to win more than the rest of the guys on the team. He wouldn't have that problem with Lebron. And I think Jimmy would be an excellent fit next to him as well. I could also see the Lakers offering either KD or Klay a max contract too. Teams are going to want to break the Warriors up. Plus they can only afford so many max deals. I don't think Kawhi is the only solution. It's just the one that is in front of everyone's faces constantly.

My thoughts too. One option I was thinking of is Jimmy Butler. It's already been reported that he doesn't like playing in Minnesota. He's more competitive than KAT and cares more about winning. There was a whole report on how he wanted to win more than the rest of the guys on the team. He wouldn't have that problem with Lebron. And I think Jimmy would be an excellent fit next to him as well. I could also see the Lakers offering either KD or Klay a max contract too. Teams are going to want to break the Warriors up. Plus they can only afford so many max deals. I don't think Kawhi is the only solution. It's just the one that is in front of everyone's faces constantly.
    I'm hoping other teams offer max money to Klay and Cousins next summer and Green the summer after that. I don't see KD going anywhere tbh because Warriors will match anything KD gets in the market. But they can't match for all 3 of Klay, Cousins and Green. They can't realistically give 4 players max money or even 3 people on a 15 player roster. I believe Cousins is only there for the ring and to rehab himself back into shape then he is gone for max money elsewhere.

If Warriors lose any 2 of Klay, Cousins or Green, we will take 'em down..... as long as we get that 2nd guy next to LeBron.
    Last edited by bladefd; 07-13-2018 at 06:50 PM.