Page 148 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4898138145146147148149150151158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2487

Default Re: ☆ NBA General Discussions | FA/Trade Ideas

@tamaraw

Here's a post where I ran the numbers using salaries from h/o/o/p/s/hype.

35m are owed next season with Deng regular salary. Deng stretch provision puts us at 24mil.

Add Randle in and backend the money - lets say 12mil in first 2 years apiece. 36mil on books. Salary cap expected to be $108mil next season.. That means $72mil is open right there after signing Randle. $72mil open still leaves our roster with Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Randle, Hart with guaranteed money.

We would probably opt-in to keep Zubac and Bryant for $2.9mil total, but we don't have to if we choose not to. We can wait until we sign our FAs before we officially opt in to Zubac/Bryant, right? If so then we have $72mil open money then opt-in to Zubac/Bryant. If not then we opt-in first, and it leaves $69.1 mil of spending money with Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Randle, Hart, Zubac, Bryant all on roster.

We could probably do the same to any prospective freeagents we acquire by backending the money to later years. I don't know the exact limitations on backending deals and the amount we can limit to, but backending the money can clear up a few mill in the first couple years, which would be huge.

I don't expect 2 max deals this season tbh. PG13 is our only bet, otherwise we wait until next year. I don't want Cousins off a major injury or risk going all in with LeBron if he leaves Cleveland. No other prospective max deals this summer. Next summer, there is Klay, Kawhi and Butler.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not sure Kawhi or Butler would make sense if PG13 signs. Cousins would be the best fit in terms of position of need.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    @tamaraw

Here's a post where I ran the numbers using salaries from h/o/o/p/s/hype.

35m are owed next season with Deng regular salary. Deng stretch provision puts us at 24mil.

Add Randle in and backend the money - lets say 12mil in first 2 years apiece. 36mil on books. Salary cap expected to be $108mil next season.. That means $72mil is open right there after signing Randle. $72mil open still leaves our roster with Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Randle, Hart with guaranteed money.

We would probably opt-in to keep Zubac and Bryant for $2.9mil total, but we don't have to if we choose not to. We can wait until we sign our FAs before we officially opt in to Zubac/Bryant, right? If so then we have $72mil open money then opt-in to Zubac/Bryant. If not then we opt-in first, and it leaves $69.1 mil of spending money with Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, Randle, Hart, Zubac, Bryant all on roster.

We could probably do the same to any prospective freeagents we acquire by backending the money to later years. I don't know the exact limitations on backending deals and the amount we can limit to, but backending the money can clear up a few mill in the first couple years, which would be huge.

I don't expect 2 max deals this season tbh. PG13 is our only bet, otherwise we wait until next year. I don't want Cousins off a major injury or risk going all in with LeBron if he leaves Cleveland. No other prospective max deals this summer. Next summer, there is Klay, Kawhi and Butler.
    Thanks for the info. I'm really intrigue if they can make it work because I really like to keep Randle not just because they can really use his ability to score down low but also because he can decently switch and defend smaller guys in the perimeter.
    Slim pickings at the center free agent market, I like Brook but Luke has been so reluctant playing slower centers heavy minutes and the question is if Lebron signs elsewhere, where would PG go?
    and Yes, I don't like to pay and commit to Cousins long term.
    IMO, The PG basically fills in the biggest hole, If only they can find a guy like Harrell of the Clippers.

NBA lottery pick

I would like to see them keep Tangle. He's been excellent lately. This year the Lakers habe a winning record. Maybe not for the season but it is a very positive sign that the young talent is developing. I think Lopez is gone. Didn't he have 27 points and 0 rebounds the other day? A record for a center. I think I could at least get 1 rebound. To be that size and not rebound blows my mind. He just doesn't seem like a great fit right now. I actually like him as a player. He's probably more suited to be a veteran that plays a certain role on a contender though. Seems like he would fit in at a place like Houston if the money was right.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Thanks for the info. I'm really intrigue if they can make it work because I really like to keep Randle not just because they can really use his ability to score down low but also because he can decently switch and defend smaller guys in the perimeter.
    Slim pickings at the center free agent market, I like Brook but Luke has been so reluctant playing slower centers heavy minutes and the question is if Lebron signs elsewhere, where would PG go?
    and Yes, I don't like to pay and commit to Cousins long term.
    IMO, The PG basically fills in the biggest hole, If only they can find a guy like Harrell of the Clippers.
    Maybe DeAndre Jordan is another possibility if he opts out this summer? Imagine Ball, PG13, Ingram, Randle & Jordan. Kuz, Hart, Zub, Bryant off bench. Would be top 5 defensive team in nba.

NBA lottery pick

Maybe DeAndre Jordan is another possibility if he opts out this summer? Imagine Ball, PG13, Ingram, Randle & Jordan. Kuz, Hart, Zub, Bryant off bench. Would be top 5 defensive team in nba.

That's interesting. I have a hard time paying someone that kind of money that is so limited defensively though. Definitely an upgrade anyway around it.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    That's interesting. I have a hard time paying someone that kind of money that is so limited defensively though. Definitely an upgrade anyway around it.
    If I'm Julius though, I am not sure if I am going to be ok with Jordan getting that much money. The guy is so limited offensively and a bad FT shooter, it'll also be a problem with spacing.
    Lakers might be better off using Randle as Center, Kuz at the 4, you then build your bench with solid 3 and D players like Avery Bradley.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    If I'm Julius though, I am not sure if I am going to be ok with Jordan getting that much money. The guy is so limited offensively and a bad FT shooter, it'll also be a problem with spacing.
    Lakers might be better off using Randle as Center, Kuz at the 4, you then build your bench with solid 3 and D players like Avery Bradley.
    I'd rather hold onto KCP than get Avery Bradley tbh if I decide to go that direction.

I'd rather hold onto KCP than get Avery Bradley tbh if I decide to go that direction.
    Me too for the right price, but some players get spoiled with a huge contract he currently has. With the Lakers likely spending their precious cap space on 1 or 2 superstars, they might not have enough money to offer KCP, Bradley would be cheaper IMO.

Guys, I don't know if backending Randle's money is an option anymore & still being able to sign 2 max players. Randle will demand at least 18-19 mil a yr with the way he is performing since January, which complicates things. I always thought 2 max deals was a pipe dream anyways.

You might be able to backend it to 15mil/yr first couple years, but I can't see more than that being accepted by Randle or his agent. Some other team will come along with a better deal. Once you push past $12mil/yr for Randle's first 2yrs, I don't see us fitting 2 max players in unless if you sign 2 max players first then sign Randle with his bird rights & push into the luxury tax range. I still see issues unless if you backend the max deals too. That is a lot of backending, making those contracts unmovable down the road.

So we would have a decision on our hands. If we get PG13, do we decide to dump Randle to chase LeBron or do we keep Randle & say bye to LeBron? If we don't get PG13 or any max player then we would have to hold onto Randle on long-term deal without a choice and try again next year for a max player, but we would have to forget about 2 max players if that happened. You can't sign Randle first then 2 max players. You also can't sign 1 max player then Randle then another max player next summer either. Not without a paycut from Randle - that is not happening in his prime now.

Only possibility remaining is to sign 2 max players first then sign Randle. Now if someone offered Randle 20mil/yr or more then we lose Randle - Lakers won't match that - it would still leave enough money for 2 max players but no Randle ofc.
    Last edited by bladefd; 03-14-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Teams who can steal Randle for 20mil/yr or more..

Philly - Embiid and Randle along with Saric would be bit redundant. Makes little sense
    Sacramento - Cauley-stein is limited offensively so I can't see them adding another player with almost no range
    Orlando
    Atlanta
    Brooklyn - they have tons of depth at 4/5. Makes little sense for another 4
    Indiana - another team with lots of depth at 4/5
    Phoenix
    Chicago
    Dallas

Teams who can steal Randle for 20mil/yr or more..

Philly - Embiid and Randle along with Saric would be bit redundant. Makes little sense
    Sacramento - Cauley-stein is limited offensively so I can't see them adding another player with almost no range
    Orlando
    Atlanta
    Brooklyn - they have tons of depth at 4/5. Makes little sense for another 4
    Indiana - another team with lots of depth at 4/5
    Phoenix
    Chicago
    Dallas
    The Sixers' "process" formula seems very enticing for owners because their expenses are kept at the minimum while collecting cheap but really good talent from the draft for as many times as they want.
    It seems to me Phoenix and Atlanta are headed that way, possibly Dallas which had the LOWEST payroll this year. But then again you'll never know with Cuban who has a very competitive spirit. It would make sense for Orlando to spend their money on Gordon plus they have $ invested on Biyombo and Vucevic.
    Chicago has 33 Mil committed to 3 centers and Portis is thriving at PF,
    I think you are right about Indiana, but again you'll never know about these teams.
    The worst case scenario is they strike out on FA's AND LOSE Randle.
    I think a lot will depend on OKC, if they go deep, PG would probably stay.
    Don't care that much about Lebron because I'm not sure he's a great fit plus, he'll likely decline in 3 years with so much mileage.
    IMO, if PG don't come, they will have a legit chance of signing Klay (in 2019) who is also a great fit bec of shooting and defense. He has good ties with Luke, his dad working for the Lakers and GSW will have serious cap/luxury tax issues by that time, having to recommit at least 80 Mil on Steph and KD PLUS Green.

NBA rookie of the year

Lakers next season:

PG: Ball | KCP (1 year deal) | Cavs draft pick
    SG: George (Max) | Hart
    SF: Ingram | Mohammad (1 year deal) | Wear
    PF: Randle (16 mill) | Kuzma | Deng
    C: Zubac | Bryant

Ball/Ingram needs to add more muscle weight for better finishing at the rim. Kuzma needs to improve ball handling to playmaker level. Zubac/Randle needs to extend range to 3pt line.

Lineup to finish games would be small ball death 2.0 lineup:
    Ball
    George
    Ingram
    Kuzma
    Randle

Offensively all five players can make plays and defensively switch everything

Then year after that go after Kawhi/Butler/Klay

Who is Mohammad?

I also can't see KCP signing again for 1yr deal.

Who is Mohammad?

I also can't see KCP signing again for 1yr deal.
    Might be referring to Shabazz Mohammad who is a crafty offensive minded player in the mold of Michael Beasley, only less "public" drama.
    Good player but might have some mental issues, violated rookie orientation policy by bringing a prostitute to his room.
    His 2nd year a few years back, he averaged 13 pts in just 22 mins/game but have been declining since.
    I think Lakers would be better off finding a 6-4 to 6-6 SG/SF who can hit an open 3 from the G-League or a Jr/SR from the college ranks.
    Most GM's are so focus on finding those very young rooks with high ceilings, Lakers might get lucky finding another Josh Hart late in the draft.