Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Why are we not talking about the recent explosion of an Egyptian airliner?

WTF is going on in this world.

Default Re: Why are we not talking about the recent explosion of an Egyptian airliner?

Because terrorism is so common these days, nobody cares.

Global warming is the real danger.

Default Re: Why are we not talking about the recent explosion of an Egyptian airliner?

because planes disappearing from the sky is not shocking anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    There's been 5 planes go 'missing' over the last 20 years.

What you meant to say was planes being blown up by terrorism isn't shocking anymore. When a plane goes 'missing', its a big ****ing deal, especially in 2016. When a plane is blown up, eh, it happens.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    Good point.

Just like I don't even get fazed by rapes and beheadings. Crazy of what I have become. Thank you Islam.

No matter if we are shocked or not shocked....I still care dammit.

because it only had 64 dirty arabs onboard........had it had 200+ , then it would have been worth celebrating

64 down.......10000000000000000 to go

And because I already exposed it as a conspiracy...

within 3 hours of the event taking place.

Banned

No terrorist group has claimed responsibility, which is extremely odd if it was indeed a terrorist attack. Also, there were indicators that it wasn't a sudden event like an explosion that brought the plane down. A smoke alarm went off, etc.

Finding the black boxes would help sort out the mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    No terrorist group has claimed responsibility, which is extremely odd if it was indeed a terrorist attack. Also, there were indicators that it wasn't a sudden event like an explosion that brought the plane down. A smoke alarm went off, etc.

Finding the black boxes would help sort out the mystery.
    No, it's irrefutable that it was a sudden explosion. The cause of the explosion is the question, but...

Human remains recovered from the crash site of EgyptAir Flight 804 showed burn marks and were "very tiny," suggesting an explosion brought down the plane, a senior Egyptian forensics official told the Associated Press Tuesday.

Meanwhile, a U.S. official briefed on the latest intelligence told Fox News, "All signs continue to point to terrorism."
    Terrorism is still the most likely cause.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    No, it's irrefutable that it was a sudden explosion. The cause of the explosion is the question, but...

Terrorism is still the most likely cause.
    It's very possible, that was my first thought when i heard the news. But still, all this time and none of the major terror groups (ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, etc) have claimed responsibility. Very odd, there was an attack in Iraq the other day and ISIS publicly claimed responsibility a few hours later. Last time an airliner was brought down by a bomb in Egypt, ISIS was tweeting pictures of the device that was used. This time- complete silence.

And then there's a contradiction of your post above:

Forensics Analyst Denies Explosion Claim

We need those black boxes in order to conclusively know what happened.

I'm down with HRC

Are there non-sudden explosions?

Dadda's post seems to indicate that other things were failing prior to the explosion. If I put a bomb on a plane, it's not going to cause other things to happen prior to the explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    It's very possible, that was my first thought when i heard the news. But still, all this time and none of the major terror groups (ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, etc) have claimed responsibility. Very odd, there was an attack in Iraq the other day and ISIS publicly claimed responsibility a few hours later. Last time an airliner was brought down by a bomb in Egypt, ISIS was tweeting pictures of the device that was used. This time- complete silence.

And then there's a contradiction of your post above:

Forensics Analyst Denies Explosion Claim

We need those black boxes in order to conclusively know what happened.
    It's 2016... you would think those things would be easy to find by now. I can hold my phone up to the night sky and an app will tell me the names of stars hundreds of light years away...

But we can't find a box with a GPS location device in it.

I get the water is 8,000 feet deep, but the gps on my phone can tell me where I am within 1 meter.

Never understood why its so difficult unless the black box isn't giving off a signal in which case a) they need a new design and b) they'll never find it.

I'm down with HRC

check out the video on this page
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36366600

First indication was a cockpit window was overheating, then smoke in a bathroom and the electronics bay under the cockpit. Then over a few minutes the computer systems go down.

The event takes 7 minutes.

I'm down with HRC

It's 2016... you would think those things would be easy to find by now. I can hold my phone up to the night sky and an app will tell me the names of stars hundreds of light years away...

But we can't find a box with a GPS location device in it.

I get the water is 8,000 feet deep, but the gps on my phone can tell me where I am within 1 meter.

Never understood why its so difficult unless the black box isn't giving off a signal in which case a) they need a new design and b) they'll never find it.
    They are easier to find on land considering they are often with the wreckage of the plan, but not in the ocean. They sink like a stone.

And they do not have GPS on them. They have an underwater locator beacon. To generate a GPS signal through thousands of feet of water would require a lot of power.

Quote Originally Posted by FillJackson
    check out the video on this page
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36366600

First indication was a cockpit window was overheating, then smoke in a bathroom and the electronics bay under the cockpit. Then over a few minutes the computer systems go down.

The event takes 7 minutes.
    The video? Or the actual event? Because the actual event took less than 4.

At 00:26 GMT smoke was detected in the toilet, according to data sent back to the airline via the ACARS reporting system.

At 00:27 GMT, more smoke was reportedly detected in the avionics area which contains the aircraft's electronics and computers below the cockpit.
    The controllers tried to make contact with the plane at 00:27 GMT, before it left Greek airspace, but despite repeated calls, the aircraft did not respond.

At 00:29 GMT, the aircraft left Greek airspace and at 00:29.40 GMT it vanished from Greek radar.

At some point before the aircraft was lost from radar, it turned 90 degrees left and then 360 degrees to the right, dropping from 37,000 [11,300m] to 15,000ft [4,600m] and then 10,000ft [3,000m], according to Greek investigators.

Ehab Azmy, the head of Egypt's state-run provider of air navigation services said the plane did not divert from its course at any point. He also said the crew did not make any calls reporting smoke on board.

The plane lost contact with Egyptian radar at 00:30 GMT (02:30 Cairo time), when it was 280km (174 miles) from the Egyptian coast. Mr Azmy said that there were no problems with the plane when it entered Egyptian airspace.