Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

this is why i cant respect kobe.

Yet another reason why athletes are getting too much special treatment.

Imagine having a co worker like Kobe in your office, never talking to you because he thinks he is too good to talk to you. Or throwing another co worker under the bus for whatever politics going on between them two.

Seriously, if he wasn't a basketball player, Kobe would be perpetually unemployed with his attitude.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Reality is finally setting in for Kobe that he was never as good as he thought he was, so the bitterness is setting in. Peeps here at ISH keep bringing out the cold hard facts on how he never measured up to the hype (voted behind Billups in MVP voting. Damn....) and Kobe, now looking back on his career and not really foward as much, simply can't handle it.

He now has a teammate ranked higher than him league wide, and another one with more MVPs than him, one of which Kobe implied should have been won by him, had he had better teammates. N!gga, you wasn't winning them with great teammates, so why whine about not winning some with Smush?
    And if anyone knows about bitterness its this guy. So much butthurt in this thread over Smush frickin Parker. Its obvious there's a beef between him and Kobe cuz Kobe singled him out despite having many terrible teammates those years. Besides Kobe isn't saying anything that every media outlet and fan aside from irrational haters wasn't saying. The man needed more help and was playing with a roster of hot garbage.

So Smush is mad at Kobe for telling the truth? Kobe was trying to elevate his teammates to play better, try harder, think and play beyond just being average, and Smush is mad? If Kobe is wrong about Smush, why is Smush playing overseas? Why couldn't he get any time anywhere else in the league?

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    So Smush is mad at Kobe for telling the truth? Kobe was trying to elevate his teammates to play better, try harder, think and play beyond just being average, and Smush is mad? If Kobe is wrong about Smush, why is Smush playing overseas? Why couldn't he get any time anywhere else in the league?
    Maybe he just realized overseas players aren't selfish shot jacking jagg-offs who only seek personal glory, at the expense of their teammates?

Oh snap, I just realized I threw poster Euroleague some love with this post.

Ah f@ck it, it's almost the weekend right?

It's not smush Parker fault Kobe didn't win MVP as the star player on the team it was Kobe's job to make his teammates better but instead he choose to shot jack and put them down

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

wow there are really pathetic haters running amuck in here. Do you guys actually read what you type? Some of it is just ludicrous.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Yet another reason why athletes are getting too much special treatment.

Imagine having a co worker like Kobe in your office, never talking to you because he thinks he is too good to talk to you. Or throwing another co worker under the bus for whatever politics going on between them two.

Seriously, if he wasn't a basketball player, Kobe would be perpetually unemployed with his attitude.

Kobe isn't some co-worker at the office. The better comparison is to a rock star.

Reality is finally setting in for Kobe that he was never as good as he thought he was, so the bitterness is setting in. Peeps here at ISH keep bringing out the cold hard facts on how he never measured up to the hype (voted behind Billups in MVP voting. Damn....) and Kobe, now looking back on his career and not really foward as much, simply can't handle it.

He now has a teammate ranked higher than him league wide, and another one with more MVPs than him, one of which Kobe implied should have been won by him, had he had better teammates. N!gga, you wasn't winning them with great teammates, so why whine about not winning some with Smush?
    Didn't live up to the hype? He's a consensus top 10 player of all time. Give me a ****ing break

Your hatred for Kobe is laughable.

Maybe he just realized overseas players aren't selfish shot jacking jagg-offs who only seek personal glory, at the expense of their teammates?
    Yeah, it must really suck being Kobe's teammate and winning all of those championships.

The reality is that Smush wasn't good enough to play in the NBA. lol at you acting like there's any other reason. You're pathetic dude

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Didn't live up to the hype? He's a consensus top 10 player of all time.
    Kobe is arguably on the verge of being kicked out, very shortly

1) MJ
    2) Kareem
    3) Wilt
    4) Russell
    5) Magic
    6) Bird
    7) Shaq
    8) Hakeem
    9) Duncan
    10) Kobe

If LeBron gets another MVP (4 total) and another ring (2 total) as the best player for the Heat again this season. Kobe's possibly on the verge to be on the outside looking in at the top ten of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Kobe is arguably on the verge of being kicked out, very shortly

1) MJ
    2) Kareem
    3) Wilt
    4) Russell
    5) Magic
    6) Bird
    7) Shaq
    8) Hakeem
    9) Duncan
    10) Kobe

If LeBron gets another MVP (4 total) and another ring (2 total) as the best player for the Heat again this season. Kobe's possibly on the verge to be on the outside looking in at the top ten of all-time.
    I disagree. He's number 7 on my list.

It's absurd to say he didn't live up to the hype. Yeah, he won 5 rings and has countless accolades, what a disappointing career.

I never realized Smush had a fanbase made up entirely of Jordan stans

Samurai Swoosh

I disagree. He's number 7 on my list.
    You have him ranked ahead of who exactly? And where would you rank LeBron if the guy gets another MVP and ring this season?

absurd to say he didn't live up to the hype.
    I never said all that ...

He's pretty clearly the second best SG to ever play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    You have him ranked ahead of who exactly? And where would you rank LeBron if the guy gets another MVP and ring this season?

I never said all that ...

He's pretty clearly the second best SG to ever play the game.
    1. Jordan
    2. Kareem
    3. Russell
    4. Magic
    5. Shaq
    6. Wilt
    7. Bird/Kobe
    8. Kobe/Bird
    9. Duncan
    10. Hakeem

I'd probably put Lebron at the 10 spot if he won a ring this season, knocking Hakeem out. MVP's don't really mean anything to me. Steve Nash has just as many MVP's as Shaq and Kobe combined, so yeah...pretty much irrelevant to me.