Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: I'm so proud of Scott Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    This is exactly why Brooks is a bad coach. He probably should have saved that move for a potential finals matchup. You don't give Spo half a season to prepare for it.
    Spo can't counter it. Miami plays small, that's what they do. What do you think he can do to make any difference? Start Oden?

It must have been very encouraging for the OKC to see that they can play Miami's style of game and comfortably beat them at it. They have the younger, fresher legs with more athleticism, so it wasn't a fluke game even though their 3's won't always fall like that.

With a healthy WB, they can actually beat the Heat in a series despite almost half of their rotation barely having any playoff experience. I can actually see Lebron pulling a 2010 and losing in the ECF to avoid facing the true King.

Quote Originally Posted by LONGTIME
    The better question is why doesn't Perry Jones get more burn?
    I think after last night we should start seeing him get more minutes against smallball teams. He's probably not ever going to live up to his full potential, but I do think he's already shown flashes of being able to be a very valuable defensive player who can also knock down the corner three. The thing I like most about Perry is that, at 6'11", he can defend at least 3 positions, if not four. Think about this lineup against smallball teams:

Westbrook
    Reggie
    PJ3
    Durant
    Ibaka

That lineup has a ton of potential defensively. You could even replace Reggie with Lamb to get even more length and athleticism on the court, and also space the floor a little better since teams will honor Lamb's 3P shot more than Reggie's. And if KD, Russ, and Serge all three are really "on", then you could just have Thabo in there at SG for what could be a smothering defensive lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    It must have been very encouraging for the OKC to see that they can play Miami's style of game and comfortably beat them at it. They have the younger, fresher legs with more athleticism, so it wasn't a fluke game even though their 3's won't always fall like that.

With a healthy WB, they can actually beat the Heat in a series despite almost half of their rotation barely having any playoff experience. I can actually see Lebron pulling a 2010 and losing in the ECF to avoid facing the true King.
    If Brooks actually had an offensive philosophy/system in place, i'm almost positive a dynasty would form in OKC starting this year. Right now he just relies on Durant and Westbrook to create, which isn't a good in the long run.

I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusX
    Bought tears to my eyes. Now they needa ship that nikka Perkin to some scrub team.

We need to turn he, Thabo, and a draft into Andy V. or Arron Afflalo.

I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Fortunately I think we have one lurking in Adams. Just a 20 year rookie right now who's going through the typical ups-and-downs and growing pains young big men go through, but he's shown a lot of promise already.
    Adams is going to be a stud, and a top 5 player from last years draft. I see him developing into up a 12/10 guy with excellent defense in the mold of a Noah or Tyson Chandler.

Oh yea, and folks need to watch out for Jones III. He'll never score, but he's the new Nick Collison. Always hustling, making good decisions, playing defense, running the floor, etc. Dude does it all.