Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Harrison Barnes or Terrence Ross ?

Who is having the better sophomore season ?

Feel free to give your explanations.

Default Re: Harrison Barnes or Terrence Ross ?

The dude who had 51 points

Rozay

Banned

Yeah, we just how explosive Ross can be. We don't really see anything spectacular off Barnes yet.

I'd like Bcogswell thoughts on this. He's kept track of both players for a while.

Ross can create his own shot. I'll have to take him over Barnes due that one fact.

Banned

I really think the Iggy signing is a shame for Barnes, I think it's great for the warriors but really stunted Barnes' growth. can't argue with 50 point game though

Ross' 50 point game was VERY impressive but didn't y'all see Barnes in the playoffs last season? He may not be anywhere near the shooter but he's bigger, stronger, a better defender, and still has lots of upside. Ross proved his upside but it's not a landslide like people are making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Ross' 50 point game was VERY impressive but didn't y'all see Barnes in the playoffs last season? He may not be anywhere near the shooter but he's bigger, stronger, a better defender, and still has lots of upside. Ross proved his upside but it's not a landslide like people are making it out to be.
    No doubt Barnes had a better rookie year than Ross. This thread is debating on who is having the better sophomore year. I do think it's very close between both of them.

When you say Barnes is the better defender, in what ways ? Man to man ? Help defense ? Gambler ? Any notable defensive performances this year from Barnes ?

For Ross, defensively, he's done a fantastic job on Paul George (twice) and Kevin Durant. He recently locked up Joe Johnson and Aaron Afflalo too. His footwork and recovery on defense is impressive. I think he can be a good shot blocking wing in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Barnes is definitely not a better defender than Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    No doubt Barnes had a better rookie year than Ross. This thread is debating on who is having the better sophomore year. I do think it's very close between both of them.

When you say Barnes is the better defender, in what ways ? Man to man ? Help defense ? Gambler ? Any notable defensive performances this year from Barnes ?

For Ross, defensively, he's done a fantastic job on Paul George (twice) and Kevin Durant. He recently locked up Joe Johnson and Aaron Afflalo too. His footwork and recovery on defense is impressive. I think he can be a good shot blocking wing in this league.
    Quote Originally Posted by macmac

I gotta come clean I didn't know all that about Ross' defense. After reading that Ross gets the nod, Barnes hasn't had any major notable performances but he's also been buried behind Iggy. I think he still has a lot of potential on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    I'd argue that. I honestly think Barnes is one of the best defenders in the league already. Go watch the Spurs series from last season, and the dude was just making key stops everywhere. He was flawless on the defensive side of the ball. Not to mention it was a coming out party for him in terms of the offensive side of the ball as well.

To answer the question, I'd take Barnes. Both are athletic, but I think Barnes has the bigger potential. Hes limited in the moves he makes at the moment, but his entire problem will be solved by improving his handle. Seriously, this guy will eventually break out into a 25ppg scorer.

Serious playground baller

After Barnes is compared to MKG, now its Ross. Who's next?

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Ross but it's only because more minutes now

Banned

Ross at the moment.