Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SHOTS FIRED! re: Royce White

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...ound-pick-ever

Imagine being called the worst at something

Default Re: SHOTS FIRED! re: Royce White

This has nothing to do with anything, but if you're called the worst aids patient ever, does that mean you have the best chance of all patients to survive, or the worst?

That guy while clearly intelligent was simultaneously one of the biggest idiots I've seen in the NBA. The level of immaturity and delusion he showed was just amazing... hes going to be sitting at some some shitty job 10 years from now thinking What the **** was I thinking?
    Last edited by OhNoTimNoSho; 01-30-2014 at 12:09 PM.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I have a feeling he put on his symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    That guy while clearly intelligent was simultaneously one of the biggest idiots I've seen in the NBA. The level of immaturity and delusion he showed was just amazing... hes going to be sitting at some some shitty job 10 years from now thinking What the **** was I thinking?
    I guess you never been scared to do something, and have that fear take over your life. Hard to fault someone for being stricken w/ fear. I myself HATE/FEAR flying to no degree. The only way I can fly is if I pop enough pills and drink alot of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    I guess you never been scared to do something, and have that fear take over your life. Hard to fault someone for being stricken w/ fear. I myself HATE/FEAR flying to no degree. The only way I can fly is if I pop enough pills and drink alot of alcohol.
    It's obvious he doesn't have any fears, just took the money and didn't give a **** about everybody.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    It's obvious he doesn't have any fears, just took the money and didn't give a **** about everybody.
    How was this proven?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

it wasn't just that though... Rockets seemingly bent over backwards to accommodate him and he kept giving them the middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    agreed, still has enough courage to have all these baby mamas and other things revolving around him during his time off to recover. He played college ball flew all over the place. He got a check and cashed in and now thinks hes an advocate bc he hastages #bewell on twitter lol. ****ing joke for people who have legitimate mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    it wasn't just that though... Rockets seemingly bent over backwards to accommodate him and he kept giving them the middle finger.
    link/proof please

link/proof please
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/nbas-ro...ry?id=17406523

Just this week, the NBA's Royce White said in an interview with ESPN that he had cut a deal with the Houston Rockets to use bus transportation for much of the season's travel schedule rather than fly with the team. He missed the team's media day on Monday.

The Rockets have even agreed to consider putting it in writing in Royce's contract because his fear of flying and accompanying anxiety is so crippling.

"What it's going to look like is every game that's drivable, I'm going to get a bus for myself," White told ESPN. "And I'm going to make that bus feel like home so that there's a level of consistency in a job where inconsistency is very apparent because of the schedule. I'm going to try and level that out and make sure that my stress levels stay low and that my rest is regular and that my meals are regular and that as much as I can, draw consistency from a very inconsistent schedule.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

link/proof please

too lazy to look it up, i know rockets had a special RV for him, had doctors for him, had all these treatment plans worked out, etc.

He just up and didn't show up for practices, refused d-league assignments, publicly called out the Rockets for trying to f*ck him up, etc.

This isn't really news...

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    How was this proven?
    I believe he was offered a bus ride or something like that and abandoned it for some stupid reason yet again. It's not the fear, it's greed and unhonesty, that nikka is trying to stack up as much money from NBA as he can and live his life as a regular no name further on. His actions prove, that he has no intention of playing basketball further on, it's just an act. A smart one, I might add, because he will get away and with money.

link/proof please
    You can look up the whole story yourself, but the Rockets got him a therapist, agreed to let him travel by bus to some games, and finally tried to send him to the D-League while they kept trying to sort the situation out. He repeatedly talked shit about the Rockets to the media and eventually refused to play in the D-League.

Frankly I was surprised the Rockets kept him around for as long as they did, I guess when you pick somebody in the first round you want to give them a good chance to make it.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

This isn't true at all actually, he's just the loudest first round pick who didn't work out. There have been worse picks.