Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I am your soldier!

Default Re: Magic Johnson averaged a triple double over his 1st 4 playoff runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

I mean, you can literally make a case just going off stats, for the Top 7 listed.
    Tom Chambers got a few votes Awesome, he's underrated.

O-Qua Tangin Wann

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Bird, Wilt, Russell, Kareem, Kobe, Hakeem, West...so I have a top 9. Not sure about anyone after that.
    ..Shaq?

College superstar

WOW... Between the Kobe, Lebron, and Obama references, this thread quickly devolved into something I never would have expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Martin
    ..Shaq?
    Oh yeah, he's not there either...

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    WOW... Between the Kobe, Lebron, and Obama references, this thread quickly devolved into something I never would have expected.
    Classic Insidehoops.

7-time NBA All-Star

Tim Duncan ?

I think the MVP he got in 1990 proves that. Word is, that he didn't deserve it over Barkley, but the competition against him is something James never faced:

I mean, you can literally make a case just going off stats, for the Top 7 listed.
    The Barkley story is more about him getting the most first place votes, but being left off the ballot completely by several writers due to a bias against him. That's why people say he was robbed. Personally, I think Jordan was the most valuable by that point.

Tim Duncan ?

I think the MVP he got in 1990 proves that. Word is, that he didn't deserve it over Barkley, but the competition against him is something James never faced:

what a beautiful list of players;(

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

This is the reason why I abhor when people just line up total achievements won, and don't put context to it (speaking about Pauk).

Jordan taking MVPs away from Bird and Magic is far more impressive than James taking MVPs away from 21 year old Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by LockoutOver11
    what a beautiful list of players;(
    That is a great list.

He averaged a triple double for the year in 1982 if you round up.

18.6 pts
    9.5 ast
    9.6 reb
    2.7 stl
    .537 fg%
    .760 ft%

Very good NBA starter

One of the greatest runs of all time. Greatest player of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Riley Martin
    ..Shaq?
    Nope.

Tim Duncan ?
    Maybe. I have an obligation to put him over Barkley, even tho Barkley was a better player at his best and did so in a much better era...and he simply did more, stepped up in every big situation, but simply didn't win...and, I guess, didn't get close enough to the promised land as much as he needed to. But I'd take Barkley over most of the guys I'm supposed to put on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I'm assuming Jordan is automatically in there too? (Since you gave 7 + Magic)

Nice to see West up there.
    Well yeah lol. No original thinking can leave Jordan off the list.

Looking back at his career and thinking back to all the old games I've seen...I'm trying too hard to pick, when the Logo is right there.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 03-13-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Well, he's easily better than '80-'83 Magic. Magic became a much better player than he was during these first 4 playoff runs.

Easily better? Nah. James is maybe better than that version, but not easily.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    The Barkley story is more about him getting the most first place votes, but being left off the ballot completely by several writers due to a bias against him. That's why people say he was robbed. Personally, I think Jordan was the most valuable by that point.
    Nah...Barkley Was Just Robbed. Jordan had Pippen and Grant...Barkley had Nobodies for his Wins. Barkley Was The 1990 MVP.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Nah...Barkley Was Just Robbed. Jordan had Pippen and Grant...Barkley had Nobodies for his Wins. Barkley Was The 1990 MVP.
    true

BUT

MJ was robbed the following years: