Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Default What is the differences between Manu Ginobli and Kobe Bryant?

In my opinion these have been the top 2 shooting guards in the league for the past 5 years.

Most people say Kobe is the better player, and well, stats would say that is true.

However I feel that Ginobli is the better basketball player than Kobe. The only thing that seperates the two is Ginobli is way less selfish than Kobe, and Kobe shoots alot more, and gets better treatment from the refs. Though Kobe has a big reputation for being the best closer in the game, I'd rather have Ginobli in those situations, his playoff stats are amazing, and Kobe has proven to be garbage in the finals. Also Kobe can't deal with guys like James Posey or Bruce Bowen, while I can't say that I've ever really seen a guy shut down Ginobli.

In my opinion Kobe puts up better stats, but Ginobli is the better winner.

So what exactly is it that makes everyone think that Kobe Bryant is so much better than Manu Ginobli?

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: What is the differences between Manu Ginobli and Kobe Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000yearsofPAIN
    In my opinion these have been the top 2 shooting guards in the league for the past 5 years.

Most people say Kobe is the better player, and well, stats would say that is true.

However I feel that Ginobli is the better basketball player than Kobe. The only thing that seperates the two is Ginobli is way less selfish than Kobe, and Kobe shoots alot more, and gets better treatment from the refs. Though Kobe has a big reputation for being the best closer in the game, I'd rather have Ginobli in those situations, his playoff stats are amazing, and Kobe has proven to be garbage in the finals. Also Kobe can't deal with guys like James Posey or Bruce Bowen, while I can't say that I've ever really seen a guy shut down Ginobli.

So what exactly is it that makes everyone think that Kobe Bryant is so much better than Manu Ginobli?
    Kobe can't deal with Bowen?
    Is that why he toched his ass in the 2008 WCF? 29 PPG on 55%.

First of all you were wrong when you said the two best SG the last 5 years.

Second of all you were wrong when you said Ginobli is a better basketball player then Kobe.

Third of all, go away.

Serious playground baller exaqtion's Avatar

One has 75% of the nba watchers on his ****, the other has 2%. But yeah Manu is def. on the same level as Kobe.

National High School Star

LOL @ this topic. Overrating of Manu continues.

Quote Originally Posted by exaqtion
    One has 75% of the nba watchers on his ****, the other has 2%. But yeah Manu is def. on the same level as Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    First of all you were wrong when you said the two best SG the last 5 years.

Second of all you were wrong when you said Ginobli is a better basketball player then Kobe.

Third of all, go away.
    Who is then?

And I think Ginobli is a better basketball player, he is always team oriented while Kobe often goes 1 on 5 and takes too many stupid shots and forces things when he doesn't have to. Ginobli is the smarter player and more clutch.

The difference is a about this much

Kobe

Manu

Who is then?

And I think Ginobli is a better basketball player, he is always team oriented while Kobe often goes 1 on 5 and takes too many stupid shots and forces things when he doesn't have to. Ginobli is the smarter player and more clutch.
    How about Wade?

Championship as the best player on an NBA team. Most efficient finals performance ever. Incredible stats.

I'd say Kobe has more consistency and ability to dominate then Manu.

Who is then?

3 Championships
    5 NBA Finals
    9 50+ win seasons.
    Pretty good for a guy whose not a team player.

NBA lottery pick

Kobe
    wade
    McGrady

Those are better then gino. then there is AI, joe johonson and carter. i say he is in there range.

AI
    JJ
    Gino
    Carter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT2y3N9sBu8
    look at 1:03.

Manu owning Kobe.

Kobe gets the numbers because he always goes for the kill, while Manu coasts and then pulls out the dagger 3s and drives in the 4th quarter if he needs them. In the 4th quarter I would rather have Ginobli than Kobe, seeing as he is less likely to throw up a fadeaway 3 with a hand in his face, and more likely to pass instead of go one on 5, and he is statistically more likely to hit his freethrows, and also shoots 57% in the last 5 minutes of games compared to Kobe shooting 48%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1yaWbVTssQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64TQw4BUwA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb_BNQSjFyg

Posting a clip of Manu getting Kobe means nothing. You have one too many chromosomes.
    Last edited by lefthook00; 10-17-2008 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    How about Wade?

Championship as the best player on an NBA team. Most efficient finals performance ever. Incredible stats.
    That is one finals and it might have been a fluke and possibly ref aided, compared to Ginobli and Bryant's multiple finals appearances.