Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rose told Melo: "come to Chicago, the game will be easy"

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    "I want to win. I don't care about the money" - Carmelo Anthony
    A study was done on the tax rates between Chicago and New York. After Melo taking less than MAX offered by NY compared to the 4yr MAX deal he was offered in Chicago, he's only getting about 10mil more take home pay by signing with NY.

That's not a substantial amount.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    The Knicks won't make it past the 2nd round though.

And Chicago will? Derrick Rose hasn't played in 2 years. You think he's gonna be healthy in May/June?

(You didn't even watch the fcking video.)

So this means Rose wanted the easier path to the Finals, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I love the ignorance of people. People looked at the Bulls and saw they struggled offensively so naturally they're like "OMG, Carmelo is a great fit because he's a great offensive player." without taking anything else into consideration.

Taking in stuff like playing with a top defense with the reigning DPOY 1st team Center? Flanked by Jimmy Butler who enables Melo to guard the lesser of the wings on the other team?

Playing for one of the best, most respected, and most experienced coaches in the NBA in Thibs?

Bulls got Pau who came at a serious discount because even w/out Melo, views Chicago as a true contender.

Meticode, great offseason for you guys landing LBJ and probably Love soon.

Dont say stupid shit like this last post though. You are so knowledgable, so to see you say something like this is kinda shocking.

And if Rose comes back and stays on the court? Cmon man.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    He wasn't gonna win a ring with Chicago, so why pass up the money?

I'd say we have about the second or third best odds of winning one if he signed here. Without him? Fourth or fifth.

Love Live Life

And Chicago will? Derrick Rose hasn't played in 2 years. You think he's gonna be healthy in May/June?

Even if Rose goes down they would have Melo to take over the offense. That's all they lacking.

Bulls have a way better chance at winning than the Knicks.

No I didn't watch it. I'm bout to watch it now.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    A study was done on the tax rates between Chicago and New York. After Melo taking less than MAX offered by NY compared to the 4yr MAX deal he was offered in Chicago, he's only getting about 10mil more take home pay by signing with NY.

That's not a substantial amount.
    Add in cost of housing and living...and Chicago over four years is probably about the same or cheaper. That 60 mil in NY with a Baller lifestyle isnt going to last as long as in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    I'd say we have about the second or third best odds of winning one if he signed here. Without him? Fourth or fifth.

Again, would you pass up millions and millions of dollars for a non guaranteed ring? Slightly better chance is not worth that much money. If anyone wants a ring that bad, then they should just sign vet min deals with Lebron's team.

These players will choose money the second it comes over seriously competing in perfect situations(Bosh, Melo).

I can't blame them and you have to remember that there's no such thing as too much money.

Banned

Still no guarantee. You giving up $60 million for a slightly better chance?
    Slightly?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Even if Rose goes down they would have Melo to take over the offense. That's all they lacking.

Bulls have a way better chance at winning than the Knicks.

No I didn't watch it. I'm bout to watch it now.

They also have $20 million tied up in Rose every year. If he gets hurt again, they have no ability to improve the roster. He just went through 3 years of Amar'e. You want him to do it again?

Knicks are cleared of Amar'e's conrtact after this season, as well as Bargnani. They will have space to reload in 2015 and beyond, much better than Chicago can.

Love Live Life

Again, would you pass up millions and millions of dollars for a non guaranteed ring? Slightly better chance is not worth that much money. If anyone wants a ring that bad, then they should just sign vet min deals with Lebron's team.
    You right it's not a sure bet and I get why he took the money. Hell if I was in his position I would take the money too.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Slightly?

Anything that is not a 100% guaranteed lock is "slightly" at this point in the season, before any games have been played. Unless you can see the future, you have no idea what will happen, who will get hurt, etc.

If you can see the future, what are tonight's lotto #'s?

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Why lebron? How about a vet minimum to join San Antonio?

And its not a slightly better chance like you keep saying. We're not marginally better than NY, we're in different tiers. We're looking at a possible title run and unfortunately for Melo, it looks like NY is heading to the lottery (assuming they have their own pick).

In all honesty, if Melo wanted money like that he could have easily told NY he was going to Chicago and Phil would've eventually caved in and agreed to a S&T. But maybe he just wanted to win his title where he could call home (or is the BAL area home for him) and I respect that.

This is why i can't take some Knicks fans serious when talking about Melo.

First off you assuming he wont be healthy in May/June is you guessing just like anyone who would proclaim he'll make it through the season. You throwing up the laughing emoji after it wreaks of insecurity and Drose hate.

If Melo came to Chicago w/ Derrick Rose gone, they would still be a nasty team. Why is that so hard for Knicks fans to understand? You guys wanted Melo back because you clearly believe in his talent.

Knicks fan base clamored for Pau, acting like landing him on the 2014-15 squad would make you contenders in the East....but then Chicago lands him to go w/ Noah, Gibson, and Mirotic, and now Knicks fans say he is too old and not that good anymore. its an epic flip flop for the fan base.

Jimmy Butler? Better than Shump or THJ.

Dunleavy or McDermott? These are players the Knicks would love to have.

You better hope Rose doesn't make it to May/June. Not just for the sake of eating your words but because you will see a Bulls team that is shitting on a lot of teams.

Good Luck ending up 7-10 in the east and having a 1st round exit as your ceiling next season.

Cap room in 2015! Melo taking that massive pay cut doeeeee

P.S. I like you as a poster but you come at my team Im gonna have to come at yours. Not personal between us.