Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: Wade takes shot at Chuckbe, Brickbrook?

Neck yourself OP.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    Mathematically. In reality, it doesn't tell us much. For example, if Wade was a better outside shooter, he would most likely take 2-3 more shots per game (end of shotclock, end of quarter, etc.). That would lower his eFG%, despite the fact that he would be a better shooter.

If you are willing to take shots that have little chance of going in but the team needs someone taking them, your stats will suffer. There is a reason Tyson Chandler is the most efficient scorer in the league.
    Yeah, in the same way that Shaq is the all-time 3P% leader.

So who is Wade talking about, and is about one game or two, or the whole season?

Yeah I was reaching, but

Banned

Take offense Rio!

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    So who is Wade talking about, and is about one game or two, or the whole season?

Yeah I was reaching, but
    probably Monta Ellis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9yS2-x5sA

Nobody can fault Wade for saying that. Avoiding bad shoots is very important. Players caring about efficiency is a coaches dream, players thinking points are more important than efficiency is a coaches nightmare.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Nobody can fault Wade for saying that. Avoiding bad shoots is very important. Players caring about efficiency is a coaches dream, players thinking points are more important than efficiency is a coaches nightmare.
    Players scared to shot because they might get under 50% is a coach dream?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious
    When did he say he's afraid to shoot? He speaking about avoiding bad shots. How often do you see him blatantly pass up a good shot?

Wade would not hit anything if he started shooting only natural he hates on those who do.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    When did he say he's afraid to shoot? He speaking about avoiding bad shots. How often do you see him blatantly pass up a good shot?
    The poster I quoted said caring about efficiency, if you have a good look you take it don't pass up because you're scared to miss because that will maybe take you under 50%. LeBron, Durant and Wade have all become pussie,s in that they don't take late clock shots because maybe that will bring them under50%, Pathetic.

Simple as that, and for the record Kobe and Wade have the same TS% this year.
    Last edited by Deleterious; 04-16-2013 at 07:54 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I will say it again....

The fact that people think it is somehow a negative for players to care about their efficiency just floors me.

That is what any coach would want. Always caring about getting the best shot possible.

The only way it becomes a negative is if a player just refuses to take certain shots the team needs that player to shoot. And I've yet to come across situations where I think that is the case...especially with star players.

The critics are basically saying..."yea, but it's clear Wade cares whether he makes or misses the shots he takes"

Yea. What an idiot...
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-16-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

The poster I quoted said caring about efficiency, if you have a good look you take it don't pass up because you're scared to miss because that will maybe take you under 50%. LeBron, Durant and Wade have all become pussie,s in that they don't take late clock shots because maybe that will bring them under50%, Pathetic.

Simple as that, and for the record Kobe and Wade have the same TS% this year.
    Show me when this has happened? I watch quite a few Heat/OKC and i haven't seen this ever.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I will say it again....

The fact that people think it is somehow a negative for players to care about their efficiency just floors me.

That is what any coach would want. Always caring about getting the best shot possible.

The only way it becomes a negative is if a player just refuses to take certain shots the team needs that player to shoot. And I've yet to come across situations where I think that is the case...especially with star players.

The critics are basically saying..."yea, but it's clear Wade cares whether he makes or misses the shots he takes"

Yea. What an idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I will say it again....

Yea. What an idiot...
    Exactly, there's nothing wrong with what Wade said.

No, but players who are concious about creating as easy shots as possible either for them or their teammates are.