Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star robert_shaww's Avatar

Default Tony Parker is "the best" player of Team France and San Antonio, but....

...every single time they play a crucial match without him (this year was game 6 in OKC and World Cup vs Spain) the team always win.

IMO, Tony Parker is the most overrated player of his generation and is not even close.

Default Re: Tony Parker is "the best" player of Team France and San Antonio, but....

I think Pop, Manu, and Duncan made him who he was and he's the most replaceable of San Antonio's key players, but he's still a very good PG.

Default Re: Tony Parker is "the best" player of Team France and San Antonio, but....

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I think Pop, Manu, and Duncan made him who he was and he's the most replaceable of San Antonio's key players, but he's still a very good PG.
    im not saying he is bad...but he usually chokes in big moments...and they need manu or duncan to win those games.

Tony Parker is probably one of the most underrated guards ever.

Also, every player was "made into who he was" by someone else, or peculiar circumstances. As the saying goes, you didn't built that. Tony Parker is no different than anyone else in that regard. But he made the absolute best of the cards that were dealt to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Tony Parker is probably one of the most underrated guards ever.
    evidence says otherwise. spurs looked a lot better without him in the playoffs last year.

so what he scores the most points and dishes out the assists? stats lie all the time. the eye test tells you parker is overrated as fck.

agree op- made by pop/duncan/eManu

It's because everyone is always trying to play one of the Big 3 at the expense of the others. Stupid "zero sum game" mentality.

I've always maintained that Parker, Ginobili AND Duncan are the 3 most underrated players of their generation. Ask Popovich...

There's a reason they won 4 titles together, and it's not some abstract "system". The players that the Spurs draft are really, really, really talented to begin with (same with Kawhi)... they just mold them into what they're supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    It's because everyone is always trying to play one of the Big 3 at the expense of the others. Stupid "zero sum game" mentality.

I've always maintained that Parker, Ginobili AND Duncan are the 3 most underrated players of their generation. Ask Popovich...

There's a reason they won 4 titles together, and it's not some abstract "system". The players that the Spurs draft are really, really, really talented to begin with (same with Kawhi)... they just mold them into what they're supposed to be.
    duncan is a superstar. manu was a superstar for about 5 years. parker was made by them and as we saw last year, they got better without him.

he was the undisputed leader for two years. result- second round sweep and a loss to the 8th seed. remember him joking with dragic on the court as they were getting swept? remember him making a rap song after he won finals mvp??

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    im not saying he is bad...but he usually chokes in big moments...and they need manu or duncan to win those games.
    Parker didnt choke when he hit that buzzer beater in game 1 of the finals in 2013 against heat did he?

injury played a big role on Parker this year

Spurs players always get bashed. He's a finals MVP and the OP is a keyboard warrior. Who got more credibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    Parker didnt choke when he hit that buzzer beater in game 1 of the finals in 2013 against heat did he?

injury played a big role on Parker this year
    lucky play, he actually in certain way choked in that play also.....

spurs would have won a couple more rings with ANY starter point guard in the league from 02-14 and probably have the same championships with a couple of bench guards.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robert_shaww
    lucky play, he actually in certain way choked in that play also.....

spurs would have won a couple more rings with ANY starter point guard in the league from 02-14 and probably have the same championships with a couple of bench guards.
    negative

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

I agree. I say Duncan is top 4 for carrying that scrub to 5 chips.

Wait what's the matter op? Not fitting your usual agenda?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Tony Parker 32 pts vs Spain 2013 "EuroBasket Semifinal"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R76w21i4P7A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcJaSc_s6Q

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I agree. I say Duncan is top 4 for carrying that scrub to 5 chips.

Wait what's the matter op? Not fitting your usual agenda?

no agenda, i undestand it all in game 6 WCF last season against OKC....no parker...manu pg, going for duncan late in OT, clutch plays (buzzer three) and assists by manu, great game from diaw...duncan played the best OT of his carrer at 38.

and manu was 37...against westbrook and durant...come on....

parker is overrated, period.

He was getting manhandled by Westbrook so Pop had to take him out to protect TP's legacy.

If Pop was coaching bran, he would do the same for him when he was getting shitted on by Kawhi.