Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Official Kevin Durant vs Carmelo Anthony Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    You are insane. This OKC completely stomps on this Knicks team, and their four best players are 22 years or younger. You are insane if you think Melo is in a better situation.
    yah coz a team without a big man is better. tell me again what team has won without a big man genius?unless you think durant is jordan and westbrook is pippen

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_korver
    Durant and it's not even a fair debate anymore.. 2 time scoring champ n his career high in fg attempts is 31 n he never took 30 shots last season .. WCF .. Comepared to first round sweep.. Come on let's be real
    LOL at scoring champ. melo could have been if he never had AI in his team and west now is like the east before where AI and lebron could make the finals with a weak team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman[B
    ]LOL at scoring champ. melo could have been if he never had AI in his team and west now is like the east before where AI and lebron could make the finals with a weak team[/B].

Post of the Day !

7-time NBA All-Star

Melo is a better post player and has better moves with the ball, Durant is a better off the ball player. Mid-range game iis pretty close, and I'll give Durant the edge as a 3 point shooter, but Melo shot 3s very well as a Knick and has shown the ability to do that well the past few seasons.

Durant is better at drawing fouls, as much as I hate to include that, it does allow him to score even on off nights, and has to be factored in when discussing how effective of a basketball player he is.

Melo is a better rebounder and passer. I've seen both show potential defensively, but neither is particularly good at that end on a consistent basis.

Melo is a better clutch player as well.

The numbers will say Durant is better, but I think you have to look at more than numbers. Melo has more ability, but he's lazier and hasn't seemed to put it together for a full season.

Melo's '09 season was way better than the numbers suggest and he was great in the playoffs, but he had some injuries.

He started off playing great in 2007, but had the suspension and then had to adjust to playing with another superstar(Iverson) when he came back.

He was playing great once again to start 2010, but had some more injuries.

This past season, he seemed pretty lazy to start the season, but turned it on around midseason and after a little time to adjust, I thought he played really well with the Knicks.

I think you could pick either player and not look stupid.

Saw a basketball once

Interesting question.

They both have a knack for scoring but Durant is the one with the scoring title. Carmelo will I dont want to say never but isnt likely to win one.

I find that Carmelo scores on offensive rebounds (putbacks) alot more then Durant.

It depends on what kinda teammates you have. For me as a player and my playstyle, I'd take Melo cuz he rebounds better (I hell no get rebounds). Im not an assertive young gun who runs which I think Durant's game favors. Im more street. But if you ask the next guy, they may go for Durant for exactly the same reason (complimentary playstyle).

Durant is the better player because he has more mismatches...but i cant think of any other reason.

I think Melo is more reliable right now, and has a better arsenal of moves. He also plays much bigger than Durant.

I like Durant though, but let's not forget he's 22.

Good High School Starter

How is this even a question? Durant scores more, shoots better, and lol at the Knicks homers who say Melo is a good defender/ rebounder/ passer.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Gamble
    How is this even a question? Durant scores more, shoots better, and lol at the Knicks homers who say Melo is a good defender/ rebounder/ passer.
    Agreed. Can't stand Knick fans. Nobody is more delusional then a Knick fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Gamble
    He is.

Where is the proof he isnt a better defender, rebounder, & passer than Durant? People have gone way too overboard criticizing Melo's defense despite none of them even watching him play much in Denver. Melo gets lazy on defense sometimes, but so does guys like LeBron & Rose. I found it funny how everyone put the Knicks defensive struggles on Melo despite us not having an interior defense.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    He is.

Where is the proof he isnt a better defender, rebounder, & passer than Durant? People have gone way too overboard criticizing Melo's defense despite none of them even watching him play much in Denver. Melo gets lazy on defense sometimes, but so does guys like LeBron & Rose. I found it funny how everyone put the Knicks defensive struggles on Melo despite us not having an interior defense.
    yeah Carmelo gets too much hate about his defense. I know I'm a Knicks fan but I'm not blind to my players' inabilities. Amar'e is pretty horrific on defense most of the time, Landry's D is overrated because people think he's Shane Battier 2.0--he doesn't really have exceptional defensive awareness and there are many 2 guards who can just torch him, Toney gambles too much, and Chauncey is too old to do anything against the young, fast point guards of the league although he is a high IQ defender and still has some use on that end particularly guarding off-ball.

Carmelo is lazy most of the time and you don't see him running around with the help D like Lebron does, but he is a very competent man defender. He is strong and has very quick feet which means he is exceptional at defending players in the last few possesions of a game.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    You can't say easily, because Melo is next to a top 5 PF that can help out a lot. Melo is also in a bigger market team, so he has the better chance of landing someone big in FA. I personally see the Knicks with a better chance in the next 5 years. I think Durant's window is at 32 ppg tops.
    meh, a team with 3 maxes (or close to it) in a pg and two forwards who dont defend will never win anything. Sure, they may score a lot of points and be fun to watch, but you need more than 3 players (even when they do play defense). That is way too much salary (depending on the new CBA) to put into 3 guys who are primarily one-sided players (ill give you paul is an adequate overall defender and superb in some aspects).

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    yah coz a team without a big man is better. tell me again what team has won without a big man genius?unless you think durant is jordan and westbrook is pippen
    wait, whos your bigman? Amar'e? Please. I would agree that the thunder are much better constructed going forward, even if you land paul. Now, it howard ends up there, that is a different story, but right now, Ill take the thunder every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    He is.

hes a solid/great rebounder no doubt. Anyone saying his defense is above average is kidding themselves.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    wait, whos your bigman? Amar'e? Please. I would agree that the thunder are much better constructed going forward, even if you land paul. Now, it howard ends up there, that is a different story, but right now, Ill take the thunder every time.
    LOL. better constructed my ass. tell me what team has won without a big man? unless you think durant is jordan. and durant's second option is westbrook. a position(score first pgs) where no team has won since the creation the league. knicks easily destroyed memphis(the team where durant almost lost) in the regular season.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    LOL. better constructed my ass. tell me what team has won without a big man? unless you think durant is jordan. and durant's second option is westbrook. a position(score first pgs) where no team has won since the creation the league. knicks easily destroyed memphis(the team where durant almost lost) in the regular season.
    Delusional.