Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Woj: Gay to Raptors could happen tonight

What I don

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bcogswell
    Nope, hes been at PF all year.
    Was he a C last year and maybe that's why I'm getting confused? I know two of the times I watched.. Val was injured so Bargs was guarding the center, Davis was playing PF, Amir sometimes played center.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Was he a C last year and maybe that's why I'm getting confused? I know two of the times I watched.. Val was injured so Bargs was guarding the center, Davis was playing PF, Amir sometimes played center.
    Bargs don

Vince Carter to Memphis? Dallas should want to get rid of his contract and focus on keeping Mayo on the court. That's a potential part of your future and you should be giving him back that confidence he had earlier in the season.

But on the Grizzlies...starter or off the bench. At SF? That's a great pickup...assuming he isn't a piece of shit.

He played PF last year too.

Default Re: Memphis agrees to trade Rudy Gay to the Raptors

Deal is done and I posted the details in OP.

Looks like Calderon will be a Piston with the Grizz getting Prince & Daye

It's official with Prince going to Memphis, Calderon to the Pistons. Memphis didn't do that bad but it's neutral at best considering Prince at his age is not as good as Gay. Grizzlies basically wanted to go in the Clippers mold with these last two trades and try to stack the bench.

ESPN.com is reporting Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye go to Memphis, Detroit gets Calderon.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...oronto-raptors

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Vince Carter to Memphis? Dallas should want to get rid of his contract and focus on keeping Mayo on the court. That's a potential part of your future and you should be giving him back that confidence he had earlier in the season.

But on the Grizzlies...starter or off the bench. At SF? That's a great pickup...assuming he isn't a piece of shit.

He played PF last year too.
    Where you start doesn't mean that's your position. Position per metrics is determined by who you guard and who is guarding you. As I said in every instance I watched the Raptors... Davis guards/is guarded by the PF, Bargs guards/is guarded by the C... therefor he's playing center.

Wow...I was wrong on Prince...all this time and they finally trade him...as they're getting good, lol.

I'd go after Vince Carter tho...I can't begin to understand why Dallas wouldn't have given up Carter for Calderon. Such an easy decision.

So is Detroit going to start Knight at SG? Or Calderon off the bench, when Bynum is already there? Or are they looking to trade him or cut him?

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Looks like Calderon will be a Piston with the Grizz getting Prince & Daye
    Last year, Dumars traded Gordon for Maggette's expirer.
    Now he trades Prince's contract for Calderon's expirer.

Good salary dumps by Dumars.

Now send Calderon to Atlanta for Harris (expirer) and a 2nd round pick.

Decent playground baller

It's official with Prince going to Memphis, Calderon to the Pistons. Memphis didn't do that bad but it's neutral at best considering Prince at his age is not as good as Gay. Grizzlies basically wanted to go in the Clippers mold with these last two trades and try to stack the bench.
    How in God's green Earth did the Grizzlies go in any mold except for Scrooge's?

Stacked the bench? They blew up their bench.
    They now traded Gay for a bag of peanuts and Ed Davis who will be coming off the bench, assuming they don't Trade Zach Randolph for Royce White here in a couple of hours. (Or the best available armchair Point Guard, whoever is cheaper).

Where you start doesn't mean that's your position. Position per metrics is determined by who you guard and who is guarding you. As I said in every instance I watched the Raptors... Davis guards/is guarded by the PF, Bargs guards/is guarded by the C... therefor he's playing center.

That's not quite how it works. One, I don't know why Bargnani would get guarded by a center. And I don't remember many instances of Bargnani guarding the center last year. This year, Davis is on the bench and the rookie is starting and most certainly guarding every center.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

When do you see the Grizzlies trading Randolph for Earl Clark and Jordan Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
    How in God's green Earth did the Grizzlies go in any mold except for Scrooge's?

Stacked the bench? They blew up their bench.
    They now traded Gay for a bag of peanuts and Ed Davis who will be coming off the bench, assuming they don't Trade Zach Randolph for Royce White here in a couple of hours.
    I agree Memphis loses the trade but with Prince they don't lose it AS bad.