Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: LeBron will never win due to lack of skills, here Kblaze

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    LeBron's skill-level is just fine. It's his body that has failed him.

Not that I blame his inability to win last season on his body, because he wasn't even trying in the Finals.
    Well I would say athleticism is some sort of skill. I mentioned how he can't attack any defense like he use to in Cleveland and how Wade can today.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Heroic One
    Who is the best player in the NBA to you? and to be honest, I NEVER SAID THAT, that guy did.
    I dont think there is a clear cut best right now. But its probably between Lebron, Wade and Dwight. Kobe is not in the best player conversation anymore imo

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    I dont think there is a clear cut best right now. But its probably between Lebron, Wade and Dwight. Kobe is not in the best player conversation anymore imo
    Well yeah, no Dirk?

Banned

Obviously LeBron is skilled as he is an NBA player and one of the best.

But with that being said, he lacks certain fundamentals because of his athleticism. He has been able to get by with it. He doesn't have a post game because his footwork is poor. His handles, while good for a guy his size, are really average. He has improved his jumper a lot since coming into the league. There's no reason why he couldn't develop other parts of his game as well. But idk, it may be too late in his career to be learning something as fundamental as footwork. Those are the things you develop as a rookie, not an 8 year veteran.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Every time you describe yourself, every opinion you even have is the same that Bush4Ever had and the same opinion that Bush4Ever had. literally. I can't think of a thing you two are different in, and it is funny that you started posting here when the ESPN boards were moved and he said he was done with those boards.
    Alright, lemme get this straight.

A guy who goes by the username "Bush4Ever" has opinions that are very similar to mine. And I started posting here around the same time the ESPN boards were "moved," whatever that means, and since Bush4Ever stated that he had quit those boards, you think we're the same person.

Out of the thousands of people who like basketball enough to post on this message board, I'm the only person who's ever shared similar opinions with another person? As soon as you see two posters who have similar thoughts, you automatically assume that they're both the same person, is that right?

If I really was this Bush4Ever guy's alternate account, wouldn't I attempt to post differently and not display the exact same thoughts I did on my previous account, in order to differentiate this account from that one?

Am I making any sense at all to you?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Obviously LeBron is skilled as he is an NBA player and one of the best.

But with that being said, he lacks certain fundamentals because of his athleticism. He has been able to get by with it. He doesn't have a post game because his footwork is poor. His handles, while good for a guy his size, are really average. He has improved his jumper a lot since coming into the league. There's no reason why he couldn't develop other parts of his game as well. But idk, it may be too late in his career to be learning something as fundamental as footwork. Those are the things you develop as a rookie, not an 8 year veteran.
    And part of that is because he's been a one man show his entire basketball career until this last year. Its sad in some ways because I think Lebron would be a totally different player today if he had gone to college or played with some quality players early on in his career.

But he's definitely skilled enough to win....that is just absurd to say otherwise.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Alright, lemme get this straight.

A guy who goes by the username "Bush4Ever" has opinions that are very similar to mine. And I started posting here around the same time the ESPN boards were "moved," whatever that means, and since Bush4Ever stated that he had quit those boards, you think we're the same person.

Out of the thousands of people who like basketball enough to post on this message board, I'm the only person who's ever shared similar opinions with another person? As soon as you see two posters who have similar thoughts, you automatically assume that they're both the same person, is that right?

If I really was this Bush4Ever guy's alternate account, wouldn't I attempt to post differently and not display the exact same thoughts I did on my previous account, in order to differentiate this account from that one?

Am I making any sense at all to you?
    yep.

Well yeah, no Dirk?
    nope. He played like he was the best player in the world during the finals (and most of the playoffs too) but he had a great team behind him that i feel covered some of his weaknesses such as rebounding and defense.

Nowitzki is an elite scorer/shooter but he isnt as good all around at the other 3 guys i mentionned

Screw Anthony Carter's agent!

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

yep.
    lol, alright then. I'm glad we understood each other.

Now that we have that cleared up, you can continue savagely beating the s[COLOR="Black"]h[/COLOR]it out of a long since dead horse.

His skills are just fine (do think he should work in the post more often given his size and strength). His mental approach leaves a lot to be desired though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    And part of that is because he's been a one man show his entire basketball career until this last year. Its sad in some ways because I think Lebron would be a totally different player today if he had gone to college or played with some quality players early on in his career.

But he's definitely skilled enough to win....that is just absurd to say otherwise.
    I don't think it's fair to say that if he had better teammates he would have been a better player. If his team was better, he wouldn't have to work as hard to win and therefore imo would be even less skilled.

Playing with a crappy team should make him work even harder to perfect his game. After all of the disappointments the last 3 seasons, quality of teammates shouldn't be what he's focusing on. Maybe he needs to focus on himself and how to get better. He's been the common denominator in his last 3 playoff failures now.

College may have helped though. But he was hyped so much as a teen that it may have made him feel that his game was fine as it was.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    His skills are just fine (do think he should work in the post more often given his size and strength). His mental approach leaves a lot to be desired though.
    By skills I mean his scoring skills, same thing Kblaze refers to about Karl Malone. I am making a connection here bro.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I don't think it's fair to say that if he had better teammates he would have been a better player. If his team was better, he wouldn't have to work as hard to win and therefore imo would be even less skilled.

Playing with a crappy team should make him work even harder to perfect his game. After all of the disappointments the last 3 seasons, quality of teammates shouldn't be what he's focusing on. Maybe he needs to focus on himself and how to get better. He's been the common denominator in his last 3 playoff failures now.

College may have helped though. But he was hyped so much as a teen that it may have made him feel that his game was fine as it was.
    There are some things you have to learn by playing. Off the ball stuff...coming off of screens...etc. That stuff comes with playing those roles. Unfortunately Lebron never really played those roles until this year.

Last 3 playoff failures? Lebron was absolutely not to blame in 09. The other two I put on him though.

We are talking skills and not mind set. There is no excuse for his lack of mental toughness or inability to excel on the biggest stages. However, his lack of ability to do certain things on the court can be traced back to not going to college and playing as a one man show for his entire career.

Decent playground baller

LEbron's game is too simple.

Hog the ball for about 17-18 seconds, attack the basket and either pass or shoot it with 5-6 seconds left on hte clock.

Anybody can play like that.