Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star

Default Re: What impact would prime Horace Grant have on the Miami Heat?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    This. Grant also does not provide the same spacing that Bosh does. He had range out to 18-20 feet, but not Bosh-type range. And I'm not sure why the folks who cited Bosh's defense against true centers believe that Grant would do any better - he didn't defend centers in his day.
    Grant is much tougher. He's also more comfortable with his role. Bosh sometimes fades because he still known he is a superstar. When he doesn't get superstar touches his impact on the game lessens. His potential is higher, but his actual production and impact is not equal to that.

Grant is the perfect Lebron player. Doesn't ask for anything and will beat up the opposing team. He had a sweet on the money 18 to 20 footer. That's all the Heat need with their current set of three point shooters. You need a midrange guy in there. Lebron drives dishes to Horace. He'll carve a groove into that 18 to 20 foot range he'd be hitting from there so often.

Grant was just a slightly better Udonis Haslem. not much would change except for taking Bosh away

3-time NBA All-Star

Heat fans complain about Lebron not having enough help right now, and now you think Grant would do better then Bosh? It would be hilarious to see the complaints with Grant instead of Bosh.

Bosh is so underrated. How can you hate on what Chris Bosh does, he's had to change his game way more than Lebron and Wade. Miami's made that dude a spot up jump shooter...it's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Of course Bosh is a much better offensive player. I'm just saying it doesn't matter too much in the Miami team.
    It will matter in the coming seasons with Wade exiting his prime years. I expect Bosh to shoulder a heavier offensive burden if not next season, then the one after. Note that Wade's ppg has steadily declined the past 3 years below his career averages.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Grant is much tougher. He's also more comfortable with his role. Bosh sometimes fades because he still known he is a superstar. When he doesn't get superstar touches his impact on the game lessens. His potential is higher, but his actual production and impact is not equal to that.

Its not surprising that he fades from time to time. Out of the big three he's the one who had to sacrifice his game the most in order for them to gel.

Local High School Star

Better defense, worse offense

Kidding me? Would fill ALL holes... 4-peat

The same impact I have on OP's mom [COLOR="White"]'s vajyna, a massive, huge, throbbing impact

jk op you're cool[/COLOR]

Local High School Star

OP didn't said Bosh for Grant...

I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Grant was just a slightly better Udonis Haslem. not much would change except for taking Bosh away
    Wow, the stupid in this post is just overwhelming.

I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rzp
    OP didn't said Bosh for Grant...
    You're correct. They took that idea and ran with it.

Prime Horace Grant was around 15/11 with much better D than Bosh. He was also much tougher in the post, something the Heat don't have much of. And Grant had decent range himself. He could hit shots from 15-17 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    It will matter in the coming seasons with Wade exiting his prime years. I expect Bosh to shoulder a heavier offensive burden if not next season, then the one after. Note that Wade's ppg has steadily declined the past 3 years below his career averages.
    Also note that while Wade's ppg steadily decline, Bosh's PPG or FGA hasn't go up. It actually has decreased slightly. Miami is fully capable of bringing the offensive talent to replace Wade's decline and they have been doing that so I think it still won't matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Also note that while Wade's ppg steadily decline, Bosh's PPG or FGA hasn't go up. It actually has decreased slightly. Miami is fully capable of bringing the offensive talent to replace Wade's decline and they have been doing that so I think it still won't matter much.
    That's because,as you note, Miami has been able to attract the talent to not have to burden Bosh with shouldering a heavier offensive burden. Ray allen, for example, has provided a good insurance policy for Wade but how longer is he gonna be around for at 39 years old? The point is, without going in circles, is Bosh is a better scorer, Grant a tougher defender and interior presence. Which one is a better fit for the Heat depends on the makeup of the team. I repeat that IMO Grant would have served the Heat better in 2011, but not sure about the seasons since. Bosh has extended his range out to 3 point land, which creates all kinds of issues for opposing 4s, and the Heat have managed to toughen up their interior with Birdman and Oden.