Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Default Re: The nets are seriously going to end up giving wiggins to atlanta

Yep.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Nets wont. They will make the playoffs.
    Have you watched them play?

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Of course it should have been protected, taking on JJs horrendous contract nets

Aren't you the guy who told us Philly just made the best trade ever for Bynum and other teams were stupid?
    It should have been obviously, but nobody, not you, not Danny Ferry, not me, and definitely not Billy King, thought the Nets would be anywhere near the lottery going into this season.

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Yep.
    Sorry bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ice
    The hawks(and the sixers in your situation) is the desperate team out of the two. The hawks were desperate for a way to unlock themselves from the joe deal. I'll never understand how the hawks got 2 first rounders from the nets deal but you'd think the nets would ATLEAST use the position of power that they had to put some protection on it.
    The point is you dont protect a first rd pick when you feel as tho you wont be in the lottery no time soon. Not sure why you missed my point with the hypothetical trades. Nets trading first rd picks did so on the basis they would be low. Neither you nor I saw the Nets being this bad. So what is with the "Why didnt they protect the pick? Har Har Har"

Same reason the NYK didnt protect the first rd pick trading for Carmelo Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    It should have been obviously, but nobody, not you, not Danny Ferry, not me, and definitely not Billy King, thought the Nets would be anywhere near the lottery going into this season.
    Thank you. That is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    Have you watched them play?
    Yes. I think a combination of the East being weak and Nets winning more games an 7/8 seed is possible. I could be wrong about playoffs but I dont see the Nets in position to win the NBA lottery. I could be wrong on that as well but given their roster and health I think they start winning more games as the season progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Of course it should have been protected, taking on JJs horrendous contract nets

Aren't you the guy who told us Philly just made the best trade ever for Bynum and other teams were stupid?
    No I never said the Sixers made the best trade ever for Bynum. What I did say simpleton is the Sixers went out and made a risky trade. That sometimes teams need to do that instead of playing it safe all the time. I specifically targetting the Cavs for stockpiling all the young assets that sacrificing some is a risky move but not a bad one.

Here we are today the Cavs didnt make a risky trade and guess what? 6-12. So my point back then was if the Cavs made a risky trade the outcome wouldnt be no different than if they stood pat.

Explaining this to you is probably a waste of time given you'll reply with something totally off from what my point was in that thread.

But hey you're a psychic and foresaw the Nets being a potential lottery team when they traded an unprotected first rd pick. So what do I know?

That is sarcasm by the way. Seems I have to point out quite a bit to you.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets win the division. Literally every team in the Atlantic has a chance.

Decent playground baller redboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets win the division. Literally every team in the Atlantic has a chance.
    what happens if the 76ers make the playoffs?
    now that would be some underdog story

Quote Originally Posted by redboy
    Then I will kill myself.

High School Varsity 6th Man Dr. Ice's Avatar

The point is you dont protect a first rd pick when you feel as tho you wont be in the lottery no time soon. Not sure why you missed my point with the hypothetical trades. Nets trading first rd picks did so on the basis they would be low. Neither you nor I saw the Nets being this bad. So what is with the "Why didnt they protect the pick? Har Har Har"

Same reason the NYK didnt protect the first rd pick trading for Carmelo Anthony.
    I understood your point but it still doesnt stop it from being a terrible decision by the nets.

I dont care how good i think my team is going to be, i'm the one in the power position of the trade. I'm making my picks protected.

No I never said the Sixers made the best trade ever for Bynum. What I did say simpleton is the Sixers went out and made a risky trade. That sometimes teams need to do that instead of playing it safe all the time. I specifically targetting the Cavs for stockpiling all the young assets that sacrificing some is a risky move but not a bad one.

Here we are today the Cavs didnt make a risky trade and guess what? 6-12. So my point back then was if the Cavs made a risky trade the outcome wouldnt be no different than if they stood pat.

Explaining this to you is probably a waste of time given you'll reply with something totally off from what my point was in that thread.

But hey you're a psychic and foresaw the Nets being a potential lottery team when they traded an unprotected first rd pick. So what do I know?

That is sarcasm by the way. Seems I have to point out quite a bit to you.
    Is it lonely up there on your high horse GOBB?

Nets Hawks and Wiggins. Ummmm yea. Hilarious bump.
    Last edited by GOBB; 04-03-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Nets Hawks and Wiggins. Ummmm yea. Hilarious bump.

Quote Originally Posted by redboy
    Would have... but in the end, they are who we thought they were.