Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    He was talking 1v1 but what difference does it make...Im sure Kyrie would be able to dribble...
    He would be able to dribble but not much. If Kobe played tight defense on him I doubt Irving would be able to go anywhere. Maybe he could a step on him a few times but not the whole game. Kobe's old but it's no secret he handle defend when he wants to.

Kobe is just too big for Irving.

Kyrie Irving vs. Chris Paul ... I would love to see that!

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingkeno
    He would be able to dribble but not much. If Kobe played tight defense on him I doubt Irving would be able to go anywhere.
    Then why doesn't he always do this in every game, especially against PGs with weaker handles? Teams would score less than 50 points a game against the Lakers and never be able to initiate an offence.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith
    Then why doesn't he always do this in every game, especially against PGs with weaker handles? Teams would score less than 50 points a game against the Lakers and never be able to initiate an offence.
    You're missing my point ... 5v5 is different than 1v1

I'm not saying Kobe is an elite defender; not even a great defender. With that said, he can be a "good" defender when he wants to be. Basically, when he is not being lazy or his "oldness" isn't catching up to him. At least a few times during any given game Kobe will defend the 1 and/or the 2 pretty good. Not great, but good enough.

1v1 ... One man to focus on and half court setting (not even that); he will have much more energy plus he is just bigger in every way than Irving. His basically gives him the advantage of not having to play superb defense; good D combined with his size advantage, it'll be tough.

I could be wrong but I honestly don't see how anyone can think Irving would beat Kobe 1v1.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith
    You're talking about 1 on 1 versus guarding a guy 40 minutes for the entire game plus having to be the playmaker/scorer for the team. Kobe isn't 22 anymore.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by kingkeno[B
    ]He would be able to dribble but not much. If Kobe played tight defense on him I doubt Irving would be able to go anywhere. Maybe he could a step on him a few times but not the whole game. Kobe's old but it's no secret he handle defend when he wants to.
    [/B]
    Kobe is just too big for Irving.

Kyrie Irving vs. Chris Paul ... I would love to see that!
    Would we like to revisit this thread? lol..