Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I will not even discuss or link to the moronical ESPN's NBA front page

He's a consistent top 5 player, but on an all time scale I wouldn't compare him to Magic.

Default Re: I will not even discuss or link to the moronical ESPN's NBA front page

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    He's never been out of the 2nd round, and he's had good enough supporting casts to get to the WCF/Finals too. No way he's as good as Kidd, Stockton or Payton.
    How is he in no way as good as Kidd, Stockton, or Payton?

I'd say he's flat out better than those 3. His competition is Nash and Oscar for best PGs after Magic.

Here's an interesting thought exercise for people: there have been points in Magic's career where he wasn't the best player on his team (for at least 2 titles). This has never in anyway been true for Paul. How do people reconcile this when using titles as an argument? Also, in one of the articles referenced here, at this point in Magic's career, he had gained one MVP. At what point are people allowed to discuss actual production and leave accomplishments that require significant help from other players at the door when comparing two players?

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Magic even without 5 rings>Chris Paul.

Is he even better than Clyde? Nash? Thomas?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    Is he even better than Clyde? Nash? Thomas?
    Clyde and Thomas? Absolutely. Nash? Debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    You mean the NBA finals where he put up 15/6 on 41% and 10/4 in game 7 on 25%? If cp3 does that he gets KILLED
    What?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    What?
    talking about tony parker

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    He's never been out of the 2nd round, and he's had good enough supporting casts to get to the WCF/Finals too. No way he's as good as Kidd, Stockton or Payton.
    No he didn't. You can't just look at his teams without looking at his competition. How the fukk were the 12 Clippers supposed to beat the 62 win Spurs? How were the 11 Hornets supposed to beat the 58 win defending champ Lakers?

Chris Paul's best support in the playoffs has been David West, Eric Bledsoe, Carl Landry, injured Blake Griffin and he's played for 2 of the worst franchises in NBA history.

How many guards in league history have better playoff numbers than CP?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Clyde and Thomas? Absolutely. Nash? Debatable.
    Isiah Thomas' 4x 20/10 consecutive seasons shits on anything Paul has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Isiah Thomas' 4x 20/10 consecutive seasons shits on anything Paul has done.
    Pace

This is just beyond face-palm worthy..

anyway.

CP3 is a great player, but we're talking about Magic Johnson, Mr. Top 10 All-Time. If CP3 is greater than Magic, it means he's already cracked the top 5 list. You know what that means? Don't worry, little grasshoppers, I'll tell you. I don't want you hopping away confused.
    That f*cking means CP3 > everyone who is < Magic. Think about that for a second. I don't care where you list Magic in your top 10 list as long as you recognize Magic is top 10. Assuming Magic is at least #5, CP3 would then be #4 at minimum, which is not the case.

Again, Chris Paul is great and all, but Magic is greater, and it's likely bound to remain that way. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for even making such an atrocious, absurd assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    You mean the NBA finals where he put up 15/6 on 41% and 10/4 in game 7 on 25%? If cp3 does that he gets KILLED
    Tragic Johnson doe

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Pace
    Hand checking.

Master flopper.

Love Live Life

How is he in no way as good as Kidd, Stockton, or Payton?

I'd say he's flat out better than those 3. His competition is Nash and Oscar for best PGs after Magic.

He's not better than Stockton or Payton.

Did you watch those guys play?