Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: I will not even discuss or link to the moronical ESPN's NBA front page

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    You mean the NBA finals where he put up 15/6 on 41% and 10/4 in game 7 on 25%? If cp3 does that he gets KILLED
    He was obviously injured

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: I will not even discuss or link to the moronical ESPN's NBA front page

Okay even if you ignore that series. Chris paul has flat out played better in the playoffs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

CP3 is not even better than Isiah Thomas, let alone Magic Johnson.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Wats wrong? I thought everyone liked the advanced stat nerd Era?

Players don't even have to win nemore, just rack up them PER, WS, stats, n u will be called the GOAT.
    It's the battle of the stat nerd fgts here.

Who's better?
    - the PG w/ the accolade stats (5 rings, 3 FMVP, 3 MVP)
    or
    - the PG w/ the analytics stats (#1 PER of PGs all-time and #4 WS all-time)

NBA lottery pick

Okay even if you ignore that series. Chris paul has flat out played better in the playoffs.
    Im sure his numbers look better seeing that Chris Paul has played about 30-40 playoffs games and tony has probably played about 150.

I guess i just like a scoring point gaurd who can pass better than a passing point guard who can score. I think tony gives his teams a better chance to win a big game.

shhhhhhh

Here's the writers twitter feed if you want to put him on blast

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh

So that is why Paul has only made it out of the first round twice. It's not about stats, it's about winning.

From a regular season/playoffs production standpoint he has an argument. That's it though, he's not even close to Magic in terms of rings/team success.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I would imagine that the answer ESPN came to was a resounding no.

But why does Paul get so much hate? He's awesome. I'd take him over Stockton and Payton for sure. Would take him over Jason Kidd as well.

Like, how many pg's in history are actually better than Chris Paul? He's definitely on the short list of best ever after Magic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    So that is why Paul has only made it out of the first round twice. It's not about stats, it's about winning.
    Keep using team accomplishments to evaluate and compare individual players. That's not irrational at all.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    Keep using team accomplishments to evaluate and compare individual players. That's not irrational at all.
    Alright then, individual stuff.

Finals MVP 1 > 0

Magic>>> Paul

Comparing Paul to Magic Johnson is laughable. This is his 9th year and he's accomplished f**k all.

Paul is a talented player who will fill a stat sheet nicely but lets not get carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    That's what s point guard is supposed to do. Lead a team.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I would imagine that the answer ESPN came to was a resounding no.

But why does Paul get so much hate? He's awesome. I'd take him over Stockton and Payton for sure. Would take him over Jason Kidd as well.

Like, how many pg's in history are actually better than Chris Paul? He's definitely on the short list of best ever after Magic.
    He's never been out of the 2nd round, and he's had good enough supporting casts to get to the WCF/Finals too. No way he's as good as Kidd, Stockton or Payton.