Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #31
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Default Re: The Official Team of the 90's

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I don't know about that. He was good in the 1980's but his best years were in the 90's.

-1990's he made 7 All-Star teams compared to 3 in the 80's
-1990's he made 4 All-NBA teams compared to 1 in the 80's
-1990's he won a title and appeared in 2 other NBA Finals compared to 0 in the 80's
-1990's was top 5 in MVP voting twice compared to once in the 80's

He did have his 2 best scoring seasons in the 80's getting over 17 in back to back seasons.
that was 27 pt / game. i agree with you though. clyde was definitely at his best as a leader and playmaker in the 90s. he was just on one of adlemann's share the ball teams and didn't get to monopolize the ball so he didn't wind up with his highest averages.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #32
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
6 games? i'm talking about 10 years. david robinson wins
i can't side with you entirely on this one, but i will say that having looked at the numbers, david has an argument. i was really surprised actually, but if you look at their numbers before robinson's injury in 97 / duncan's arrival in 98, their stats are pretty even with the totals on hakeem's side and the averages on robinson's side (this is of course because robinson came into the league late and at an advanced age for an nba rookie so he never had any bad years early but didn't have as long to compile stats). they are both damn impressive, especially when you look at the defensive stats.

i think the worst thing for robinson's case is that in his best season he got eaten alive by hakeem in the playoffs. but for the entirety of their careers, it's almost a coin-flip by the numbers and really tends to lean more towards robinson.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #33
White Chocolate
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
that was 27 pt / game. i agree with you though. clyde was definitely at his best as a leader and playmaker in the 90s. he was just on one of adlemann's share the ball teams and didn't get to monopolize the ball so he didn't wind up with his highest averages.

Adelman's share the ball theory got Portland to the Finals twice in three seasons, and a 63 win season in between.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 06:18 PM   #34
White Chocolate
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan

Adelman's share the ball theory got Portland to the Finals twice in three seasons, and a 63 win season in between.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: