Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Karl Malone or charles barkley?

Peak Barkley is one of the best players ever. Peak Barkley shits on Karl Malone and Lebron.

Peak Barkley is in Bird, Magic, Jordan territory as one of only a few elite scorers who at the same time could do EVERYTHING at the court.

Peak Barkley could outrebound a 7 foot center and go coast to coast for a slam.

In this era where flat footed, no first step Lebron can get to the basket with ease, how easy would it be for Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Peak Barkley is one of the best players ever. Peak Barkley shits on Karl Malone and Lebron.

Peak Barkley is in Bird, Magic, Jordan territory as one of only a few elite scorers who at the same time could do EVERYTHING at the court.

In this era where flat footed, no first step Lebron can get to the basket with ease, how easy would it be for Barkley.

NBA sixth man of the year

How many times is somebody going to make this topic only to have 90% of the people choose Barkley? Seriously this topic gets started every week it seems.
    Last edited by Dro; 10-08-2015 at 09:43 AM.

NBA All-star

if you draft well, probably Barkley, because if we were to really count lottery draft picks, there are really a few positions where it all becomes interchangeable

Malone is the perfect type of journey man player where you can piece together few veterans and contend

I wouldn't count on Barkley to lead, but any coach could certainly yell at the rest of the team for what he is out there trying to accomplish

no GM or coach can really ask any players to do what Malone does in the off-season.

2 cents

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat

Best post on this site.

5-time NBA All-Star

Malone's consistency, dependability, productivity, durability and longevity is mind blowing and far above any other player I can think of. That's a crazy starting point for a guy who played over 1600 games.

I do agree that Barkley does have one of the best peaks ever, but Malone had 8 years where he had similar production to Barkley's peak. Barkley only had one year like his peak year. Barkley's third best year is similar in production to Malone's 19 year career average production in points and rebounds. Plus Malone played better defense.

Malone has 12 years of being right there at 25 and 10. Barkley has five years. While efficiency was never a big thing for power forwards - always was below defense and being aggressive, it gets cancelled out here because Malone was the leading scorer on a team that usually won more than Barkley: If Barkley had pushed the issue more with those losing teams they might have won more.

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

Nobody on the planet has analyzed this question more than RoundMound. I defer to him. I love both players, but the Jazz have always been my team, overall career I would take Malone, but peak I take Barkley. I would take either over any other PF, unless you want to consider Timmy a PF, which is a whole other can of worms.

Peak wise, Im rolling with the Chuckster. GOAT wise, Mailman has the edge. Chuck totally revolutionized the PF position. He was like a PF, SF, and point forward all in one. And he was a freakish athlete to boot. Bascially, Charles could do MOST of the things Mailman could do. BUT Karl could NEVER do a lot of the things Barkley could do on the court.

However, Malone for me is the best prototype PF ever. He was through and through a PF. Didn't play much center if at all. And definitely didn't play SF. For all intents and purposes, Barkley, KG, and Dirk had many SF elements in their games. So much so all three played some SF early in their careers. Duncan was for all intents and purposes a dominant center who happened to play the PF. But Mailman AT HIS BEST was the definition of the PF position.

I am taking Karl Malone.

Banned

Give me the one who isn't a pedophile

Banned

Malone just had it all, hence why he produced for near 20 years

Decent playground baller lil jahlil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4 Inches
    Give me the one who isn't a pedophile
    So neither.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lil jahlil
    So neither.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Karl's stats are inflated 10-20% thanks to playing with Stockton. They ran the pnr together on almost every single play. Barkley on the other hand was a one man wrecking crew.

College star

Before Malone joined the Lakers, Malone.
    After that, Barkley all the way.