Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron vs Durant at age 21-Was LeBron really superior?

Lebron

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    And you're still stupid. You haven't proven nothing. Sorry. Decent try though.
    You haven't proven nothing.

you're still stupid.

lol

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Steve Nash and Chris Paul, and thats just recently
    I was referring to every year of the past 15 years. Also Chris Paul was never considered the best in the game.

Freshprince619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Great Thread. Its funny how the stat worshiping Lebron fans NOW say stats arent everything Lmfao the hypocrisy. But yeah Durant was far more superior. Plus he's doing all this in a much more difficult Western Conference. When Lebron did it in the east Detroit was the only power house. Before Magic were good, Before Celtics landed big 3, before Atlanta became beast. So its easily Durant and by far a much more consistent player

OKC 2010-11 NBA Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Freshprince619
    Great Thread. Its funny how the stat worshiping Lebron fans NOW say stats arent everything Lmfao the hypocrisy. But yeah Durant was far more superior. Plus he's doing all this in a much more difficult Western Conference. When Lebron did it in the east Detroit was the only power house. Before Magic were good, Before Celtics landed big 3, before Atlanta became beast. So its easily Durant and by far a much more consistent player
    It's not even the stats, it's the team record as well...I don't see how someone could argue that Durant isn't superior or that it isn't at least extremely close.

LeBron was 2nd in MVP voting in the 2005-06 NBA Season. He should have been the youngest MVP in History. The Cleveland Cavaliers won 50 games for the first time since the 1993 NBA Season. They were also 20-10 against the Western Conference Teams. LeBron's 2nd scoring option Mr. Larry Hughes missed 46 games in the Regular Season.

LeBron averaged 31 on 48 FG% ppg, 8 rpg, 6 apg in the 2006 NBA Playoffs.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 03-20-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Amil23

lol.Wait until Durant passes Melo as 2nd best SF to compare him to Lebron

Freshprince619

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    LeBron was 2nd in MVP voting in the 2005-06 NBA Season. He should have been the youngest MVP in History. The Cleveland Cavaliers won 50 games for the first time since the 1993 NBA Season. They were also 20-10 against the Western Conference Teams. LeBron's 2nd scoring option Mr. Larry Hughes missed 46 games in the Regular Season.

LeBron averaged 31 ppg, 8 rpg, 6 apg in the 2006 NBA Playoffs.
    Durant is also currently in 2nd place for MVP voting. Lebron having a weak team evens out to the weaker conference he was in

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82
    It's not even the stats, it's the team record as well...I don't see how someone could argue that Durant isn't superior or that it isn't at least extremely close.
    I agree, Durant is just as impressive as Lebron was @ age 21.

I wonder if Durant can keep improving each season.

Banned

Durant is quite a bit better then Lebron was at 21
    Per 36 minutes his stats are
    27 ppg
    7 rpg
    2.5 apg
    48% on 18 shots
    Lebron's per 36 minutes were
    26 ppg
    6 rebounds
    6 assists
    48% in 20 shots
    However Lebron was an absolutely horrifyingly bad defender. Lebron is a better passer, but also wasn't as skilled or efficient of a scorer. Their teams were pretty equal, but I'd definitely take Durant.

Local High School Star

If you're going to adjust for minutes, then you also have to adjust for pace. The 2006 Cavs played slower than the 2010 Thunder. I also find it funny that you act as if Lebron's massive advantage in assists isn't significant.

Lebron was a monster in the playoffs that year, averaging 31/8/6 on 48% shooting and he took the defending Eastern Champs to 7 games, losing game 6 by just 2 points. Let's see how Durant fairs in the playoffs before we compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshprince619
    Durant is also currently in 2nd place for MVP voting. Lebron having a weak team evens out to the weaker conference he was in
    Durant is good, but right now I'd still take Kobe, Wade, and Melo over him. He might finish 2nd in MVP Voting, but he's not a better all around player than those players that I mentioned.

Banned

Lebron was a beast in the playoffs? He averaged the same stats, however played about 5 more minutes then in the regular season. He didn't play bad like he did the next 2 playoffs, but he didn't play well.
    I said Lebron was quite a bit better passer, but he more then loses that advantage with his terrible D, and then when you add scoring efficiency, I'd take Durant.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Durant > LeBron

Freshprince619

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Durant is good, but right now I'd still take Kobe, Wade, and Melo over him. He might finish 2nd in MVP Voting, but he's not a better all around player than those players that I mentioned.
    Kobe & wade no. But melo is arguable. But were not talking about whose better today. Were just talking at the age of 21. He still has a long way to go to be mentioned better then the players you listed