Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Houston is screwed for years.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    How did the rockets lose both Lowry and Dragic...I still don't get it....
    Traded Lowry to the Raptors for a first round pick that was a key component of the Harden trade.

Morey let Dragic walk to pursue Lin. I'm not sure though if Dragic ultimately wanted to go back to Phoenix vs. staying in Houston. Allegedly Dragic wanted the final year of his contract to be a player option and Morey was not willing to agree to that.

Morey definitely ****ed up by getting rid of Dragic and Lowry but acquiring Harden was a stroke of genius.

Dumping Parsons for Ariza was smart too.

If you're as active as Morey you're going to win some and lose some, but overall you can't say anything other than he's done a bang up job. He's put together a top 5 team in the league from scratch and never had to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Traded Lowry to the Raptors for a first round pick that was a key component of the Harden trade.

Morey let Dragic walk to pursue Lin. I'm not sure though if Dragic ultimately wanted to go back to Phoenix vs. staying in Houston. Allegedly Dragic wanted the final year of his contract to be a player option and Morey was not willing to agree to that.
    Dragic wasn't on the best terms with Morey. He wanted to start but Lowry played before him, so he was set on leaving Houston.

Morey swung for the fences and signed Lin and Asik. Lin worked out merely alright. Asik was great value.

Lin is not one of Morey's best moves.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Dragic wasn't on the best terms with Morey. He wanted to start but Lowry played before him, so he was set on leaving Houston.

Morey swung for the fences and signed Lin and Asik. Lin worked out merely alright. Asik was great value.

Lin is not one of Morey's best moves.
    lowry got benched and the cat pouted something chronic and hated mchale.dragic wanted to stay but rockets the greedy ass owner wanted lin to cash in on the hype

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Bev was a first year starter.
    Jones was a first year starter.
    Harden was a second year starter.
    Parsons was a third year starter.
    Dwight was in his first year in Houston.
    They were the fourth youngest team in the NBA.
    They lost Parsons and replaced him with a better shooter and better defender, which is what they really needed.

Its not all doom and gloom like you'd think. The experience they all gained will be invaluable.

They will finish +/- 3 wins of last years win total. And the Blazers series could have easily ended differently if the Rockets had made one or two plays.

In the playoffs, who knows, but as bad as they played, they were one or two possessions from advancing to face a team they had beaten four times in the regular season.

It's not as bad as many make it out to be.
    Where's Milbucks ass at?

Denial? No I just know what I'm talking about.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Your tears are delicious, OP.

16-4, 2nd best record in the NBA. One of the best defensive teams in the NBA despite all the injuries. No Howard, Terrence Jones, Beverley, Canaan, Papanokolau, Garcia...still beasting. Lost Chandler "borderline all star" Parsons, Lin and Asik. Signed old man Terry and "post contract" Ariza. Still winning.

To all the haters: eat crow, clowns.

These hoes gonna stay away. Freaking morons I tell ya. Low BBall IQ having ass haters. Even with all these damn injuries we're still winning. Hoe asses won't have the balls to sat they made a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    These hoes gonna stay away. Freaking morons I tell ya. Low BBall IQ having ass haters. Even with all these damn injuries we're still winning. Hoe asses won't have the balls to sat they made a mistake.
    If Houston had a game tomorrow, wed have about 7 players who could realistically suit up.

Learning to shoot layups

Houston is not screwed, they just lost a golden opportunity of having a big time superteam in Dwight Bosh and Harden. But Bosh decided to stay in miami to have more freedom and bigger paycheck.

McHale did a bad job in the playoffs, Harden wasn't getting enough calls like in the regular season and got exposed. This year the defense looks better but then again how many players will be able to score in the post, from mid range during those playoffs?

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed

16-4, 2nd best record in the NBA. One of the best defensive teams in the NBA despite all the injuries. No Howard, Terrence Jones, Beverley, Canaan, Papanokolau, Garcia...still beasting. Lost Chandler "borderline all star" Parsons, Lin and Asik. Signed old man Terry and "post contract" Ariza. Still winning.

dwight
    jones
    nikola
    cannan
    beverley

that would make a top 5 team the east

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed

i havent seen you talk about the lakers all season long

i thought you were supposed to just be a dwight and lakers fan

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    i havent seen you talk about the lakers all season long

i thought you were supposed to just be a dwight and lakers fan
    you thought wrong, bud.

Year after year people criticize Morey and year after year they keep winning.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Year after year people criticize Morey and year after year they keep winning.
    And year after year they get bounced out of the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    And year after year they get bounced out of the first round.
    True. Still a work in progress. We're young. Gonna take some time to grow.