Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Curry with 40/9/5 and the clutch game tying shot.. hold this W Steph

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Funny part is last night when they were like down 5 and it was only thirty six seconds left , I think Dreymond Green had just fouled out, as I'm walking out to go get some dinner I tell my cousin "Only way they come back is if Curry just starts going nuts from 3 range" *leaves*

Mind you, by this time I thought the game was lost, so by time I get back to the crib my surprise it's in OT, how? Why? Because Curry trusted in his fuccing shot. That amazing corner three he made to cut it down was after a miss, so this notion that you should pad FG% just because you've had a rough game is loser mentality shit. I don't give a shit what any of these ISH "experts" say. These ni99as came back down from 20, respect.
    Hate you missed it in live action. Reminded me of Ray's shot in the Finals though without near the importance obviously.

Amazing shot with AD bearing down feet away knowing he was going to get tackled and no foul? Really?

I think EJ said that the game was only the third in the shot clock era where a team was down 20 going into the 4th and won. It was a mixture of poor defensive rebounding by the Pelicans and not fouling Curry to prevent a 3 in the 4th.

Great game though IMO. It's going to get in Curry's scrapbook of classic playoff performances one day.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Curry with 40/9/5 and the clutch game tying shot.. hold this W Steph

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    2 out of how many attempts? He had as many airballs as he did shots made...

Pelicans went SOFT and couldn't get ONE rebound. Curry threw up bricks and airballs but his team got the offensive rebound and put it in for a quick score. Has nothing to do with Curry. Warriors are a great team.
    He took 29 shots to get 40 points thats still good.

Quote Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
    And all anyone intelligent is saying is

1) Curry still won the game

2) 40 points on 29 shots isn't bad

3) 40/9/5 while being clutch is up there for the best game this postseason.

It's not even debatable.
    It isn't bad if the majority of your shots are 2pt'ers, but more than half of his shots were from 3. (18 of the 29fga were from 3)

That's a lot of points that could have been had.

Plus 14fta seems a little high for a guy who basically lives on the perimeter.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

you know Curry is rustling some jimmies when he goes for 40 points with the game tying shot and still gets hated on

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    Hate you missed it in live action. Reminded me of Ray's shot in the Finals though without near the importance obviously.

Amazing shot with AD bearing down feet away knowing he was going to get tackled and no foul? Really?

I think EJ said that the game was only the third in the shot clock era where a team was down 20 going into the 4th and won. It was a mixture of poor defensive rebounding by the Pelicans and not fouling Curry to prevent a 3 in the 4th.

Great game though IMO. It's going to get in Curry's scrapbook of classic playoff performances one day.
    Much tougher shot than Ray's IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Much tougher shot than Ray's IMO
    I agree. Davis was right there.

The shot actually reminds me of this..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNaK0719KQo

Obviously KD's was much tougher and only needed 1 shot

One of my favorite shots from my favorite player.

****ing hurting this Durantless postseason.

same, KD's is tougher but Curry's is actually more of a foul.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    It isn't bad if the majority of your shots are 2pt'ers, but more than half of his shots were from 3. (18 of the 29fga were from 3)

That's a lot of points that could have been had.

Plus 14fta seems a little high for a guy who basically lives on the perimeter.

That's what makes it okay. Even when having a mediocre shooting night he still put in 7 three's, yes on 18 attempts, but still hit SEVEN triples. That means, NO had to meet him out behind the three point line, by a few steps. That means he still drew doubles on every pick whether off the ball or with the ball.

Does anyone wonder if for some of those rebounds were a result of bigs having to step out towards Curry or at least wait for him to shoot before going to the glass?

And don't say Curry lives on the perimeter this year if you haven't watched the Warriors play. He gets to the rim very well and relatively easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    same, KD's is tougher but Curry's is actually more of a foul.
    In reality though KD was bumped during the shot and Curry got lightly brushed after leaning forwards into Davis.

If anything, it's an offensive foul on Steph.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    you know Curry is rustling some jimmies when he goes for 40 points with the game tying shot and still gets hated on

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
    Make sense a Kobe stan would make a thread praising a 10-29 shooting night.

A spurs fan now a warriors fan? makes sense, a spurs fan would bandwagon every other year