Default Curry and Harden

At what point did you realize that they could be legitimate MVP level players? At the time of their draft and their rookie season, did you think it was even in the realm of possibility? When Harden was playing the Manu role on the Thunder, did you ever think "this dude will be an MVP soon"? I'm still shocked at how great these two players became because I never thought much about them. I hyped Mayo and Beasley tho

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Curry and Harden

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    At what point did you realize that they could be legitimate MVP level players? At the time of their draft and their rookie season, did you think it was even in the realm of possibility? When Harden was playing the Manu role on the Thunder, did you ever think "this dude will be an MVP soon"? I'm still shocked at how great these two players became because I never thought much about them. I hyped Mayo and Beasley tho

Harden still isn't a legitimate MVP level player...

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Harden still isn't a legitimate MVP level player...
    It's not subjective

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Harden - 2012-13 - First year with Houston
    Curry - 2012-13 - First fully healthy non-rookie year. Made the playoffs, played well.

Banned

The second they got drafted into a Western Conference team.

The West allows teams to play in innovative offenses, in a fast pace, and allows for an up-tempo run and gun which greatly benefits Harden and Curry. Thats why people get such good stats in the West.

If they played in the East on a team like the Sixers or Pistons neither of them would sniff the award.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Harden - 2012-13 - First year with Houston
    Curry - 2012-13 - First fully healthy non-rookie year. Made the playoffs, played well.
    yup that was clearly his coming out party. i remember the media was going ham when he had those monster 30-7-7 games in his first month as a rockets. As much as i hate his style i realize this dude isn't just a 6th man type player.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    what happened to mayo?

U gotta start somewhere.

Was Kobe an MVP candidate his rookie year?

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

The West allows teams to play in innovative offenses, in a fast pace, and allows for an up-tempo run and gun which greatly benefits Harden and Curry. Thats why people get such good stats in the West.

If they played in the East on a team like the Sixers or Pistons neither of them would sniff the award.
    The west just get all of the good players and nobody willing to play for those shitty weather teams unless they got something going for them.

Harden when he got traded to Houston. Curry was about 2 seasons ago I believe. So basically around the same time.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

seriously, you're straight up retarded

I saw a little bit of Harden in his first year with OKC. Honest to god, I thought he'd become nothing more than a solid role player. Damn was I wrong

Sunshine State

Harden carried this hobbled Rockets team to a 2nd seed in the West, he could carry a shitty Eastern team to the playoffs without much trouble.

Curry I'm not so sure.