Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Better defensive player at his peak: LeBron James or Dwyane Wade?

Discuss...intelligently. (for ish anyway...)

Default Re: Better defensive player at his peak: LeBron James or Dwyane Wade?

Wade defends guards better.

Lebron is more versatile.

There isn't a big enough difference for on ball perimeter defense to matter.
    Lebron is the better help defender and rim protecter, and his versatitly is unmatched by almost anyone in history.

Lebron.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Wade was one of the best shot blocking guard ever but Lebron by a mile, for his overall defensive impact.

Neither of them is even close to MJ, Pip and Kobe in terms of lock down on ball, man to man defense.

Wade is the best or tied for best shot blocking guard of all time.

And LeBron is a beast in terms of versatility, only matched by Pippen. Or maybe KG.

End of the day, LeBron because of versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Neither of them is even close to MJ, Pip and Kobe in terms of lock down on ball, man to man defense. Wade is the best or tied for best shot blocking guard of all time. And LeBron is a beast in terms of versatility, only matched by Pippen. Or maybe KG.
    Lebron has absolutely shut down Rose, Parker, and Curry. That's 3 superstar level point guards in the peak (Parker's prime).

Cut the shit.

Neither of them is even close to MJ, Pip and Kobe in terms of lock down on ball, man to man defense.

Wade is the best or tied for best shot blocking guard of all time.

And LeBron is a beast in terms of versatility, only matched by Pippen. Or maybe KG.

End of the day, LeBron because of versatility.
    Don't ever come in a thread I make about defense and ever throw that ****ing name in here. When I make a "Most overrated defensive players of all time thread"...then he will be welcome...Until then? He has no place here. That you even think he's better one on one than Wade is laughable. The fact that you brought one on one defense right off the bat shows how little you understand defense in the first place...it's the best TEAM DEFENDERS that make the most IMPACT for a team defensively. You can hide bad individual defensive players one on one...you can't someone who is just useless to the team period in this regard.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-08-2016 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Lebron has absolutely shut down Rose, Parker, and Curry. That's 3 superstar level point guards in the peak (Parker's prime).

Cut the shit.
    Yes if you're not counting the amazing layers of defense behind him to shade on drives or help on drives.

LeBron didn't guard Curry for any extended stretch, stop.

You're also acting like Rose or Parker are amazing all time one on one volume scorers. Rose would've torched LeBron if it wasn't for subsequent layers of defense allowing Bron to gamble and contest step back jumpers (Rose only option) ... which wasn't even his game to begin with.

Parker too.

You're on rocks if you think either one of these guys is as good of a on ball defender as Mike, Pip or Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Don't ever come in a thread I make about defense and ever throw that ****ing name in here. When I make a "Most overrated defensive players of all time thread"...then he will be welcome...Until then? He has no place here. That you even think he's better one on one than Wade is laughable. The fact that you brought one on one defense right off the bat shows how little you understand defense in the first place...it's the best TEAM DEFENDERS that make the most IMPACT for a team defensively. You can hide individual defensive players one on one...you can't someone who is just useless.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iou1L27tyZI

Exactly...you are the kind of guy who takes one play and makes his opinion. Well since you think its this easy then here:

Dwyane Wade top 30 plays on Kobe Bryant

Anybody who has watched the Wade vs Kobe match ups...knows Kobe doesn't have shit for wade one on one and was burned regularly off the dribble. Kobe Bryant (in his prime) vs wade was like Ray Allen in his early to mid 30s...he had about as much for Wade as Ray did then. That's the great defense of Kobe Bryant.

Smoke117 off his rocker again. Apparently Kobe was James Harden on defense.

Smoke117 off his rocker again. Apparently Kobe was James Harden on defense.
    You put Kobe's name with Pippen and Jordan and when I disagree you act as if I'm saying he's Harden...who is off his rocker again? Because I said he's not close to the elite of the elite I'm saying he's garbage? Right. The fact of the matter is he has 9 first team all defensive nods when he's not even a top 10 defensive perimeter player...and that's a ****ing fact. Anyone who has no problem with that is a kobe fanboy or doesn't know shit about defense.

Putting aside the Pippen vs Jordan arguments...anyone who believes Kobe is even close to either of these two guys defensively is a ****ing retard.

So if that makes me off my rocker...then I guess you got me pinpointed to a T.

I think a lot of you confuse someone who has a horrible disease such as alcoholism...as an indolent or a retard. It's a good thing then that I"m here to set you all straight until this liver of mine finally gives out.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-08-2016 at 03:01 AM.

When locked in ... for ON BALL defense ... Kobe is 2nd to only Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Wade defends guards better.

Lebron is more versatile.
    /thread

Yes if you're not counting the amazing layers of defense behind him to shade on drives or help on drives.

LeBron didn't guard Curry for any extended stretch, stop.

You're also acting like Rose or Parker are amazing all time one on one volume scorers. Rose would've torched LeBron if it wasn't for subsequent layers of defense allowing Bron to gamble and contest step back jumpers (Rose only option) ... which wasn't even his game to begin with.

Parker too.

You're on rocks if you think either one of these guys is as good of a on ball defender as Mike, Pip or Kobe.
    So Mike Miller, Haslem, and Bosh as the the main rim protecter are "amazing layers of defense" now? Just stop it.
    Rose was destroying people in ISO with his agility, and Parker has been one of the main leading paint scorers for years now, they both are great scorers in ISO.
    Lebron switched to them and made them practically useless.
    And there was some demographic that showed Curry was like 1-13 with a bunch of turnovers when Lebron was guarding him.

You're absolutely moronic if you think Lebron/Wade at their peaks aren't on that level.
    I'm not even going to address the Kobe bs.